• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Garland, TX

11:25 p.m. CDT 2016-03-16

Fair and 62°F
Humidity     44%
Wind Speed     E 7 mph
Barometer     29.96 in
Dewpoint     40°F (4°C)
Visibility     10.00 mi

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS.

DAY ONE...OVERNIGHT. THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS MOST OF NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS AFTER MIDNIGHT. BEST CHANCES WILL BE WEST OF A GAINESVILLE...TO DALLAS-FORT WORTH...TO HILLSBORO AND COMANCHE LINE. GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF INSTABILITY...AND WIND SHEAR...A FEW STRONG TO MARGINALLY SEVERE STORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE MAIN HAZARD BEING HAIL AND FREQUENT LIGHTNING.

Tonight:
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 52°F. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
Thursday:
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70°F. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon.
Thursday Night:
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54°F. East wind 5 to 10 mph.

I am currently experiencing a temperature of 84°F with enough humidity to feel like a sauna.

Meanwhile it's 70°F with a humidity of 85%, much less than a sauna.

The latter is the outdoor temperature. The former is inside the house!

Yeah, our AC unit isn't working. Like, at all.

8 hours ago, Zorua said:

I am currently experiencing a temperature of 84°F with enough humidity to feel like a sauna.

Meanwhile it's 70°F with a humidity of 85%, much less than a sauna.

The latter is the outdoor temperature. The former is inside the house!

Yeah, our AC unit isn't working. Like, at all.

I thought it was supposed to cool homes down, not turn them into bake ovens. :(

Garland, TX

11:32 a.m. CDT 2016-03-19

Fair and 51°F
Humidity     46%
Wind Speed     N 20 G 31 mph
Barometer     30.27 in
Dewpoint     30°F
Visibility     10.00 mi
Wind Chill    45°F

Today:
Sunny, with a high near 58°F. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight:
Mostly clear, with a low around 36°F . North wind 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday:
Sunny, with a high near 58°F. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Flooding in parts of Palm Bay, mostly in low elevation parking lots in the NE quad Ironically the NW quad, which was built on Florida swampland is not flooded. Can't speak for SE or SW Palm Bay but like NW Palm Bay they're reclaimed swampland as well.

Garland, TX

9:48 p.m. CDT 2016-03-21

Fair and 55°F
Humidity     48%
Wind Speed     S 14 G 18 mph
Barometer     30.15 in
Dewpoint     36°F
Visibility     10.00 mi
Wind Chill    51°F

Tonight
Clear, with a low around 49°F. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 74°F. Windy, with a south wind 20 to 25 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.

Garland, TX

9:38 p.m. CDT 2016-03-23

Fair, Breezy, and 73°F
Humidity     66%
Wind Speed     S 23 G 39 mph
Barometer     29.60 in
Dewpoint     60°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1030 PM CDT FOR NORTHWESTERN DALLAS...SOUTHERN DENTON AND NORTHEASTERN TARRANT COUNTIES... AT 935 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED NEAR WESTLAKE... MOVING EAST AT 40 MPH. HAZARD...GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL AND 60 MPH WIND GUSTS.

It's coming right at us! (dives out of tower window)

Tonight:
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48°F. South wind 10 to 20 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday:
Sunny, with a high near 63°F. North northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

We just had a snowstorm!  Okay, granted it was warm enough to not stick very well, but the snow was falling thickly enough to impair visibility and slow traffic during evening rush hour.  And there is *some* snow on the grass and on cars.

Computer says it's 30°F right now, betting that makes for some black ice after all the rain and melted snow.

It rained all day here, like heavy enough that it looked like new creeks were forming in farmer's fields as water made it way towards ditches.

Garland, TX

5:49 a.m. CDT 2016-03-27

Partly Cloudy and 54°F
Humidity     90%
Wind Speed     Calm
Barometer     29.96 in
Dewpoint     51°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

Overnight:
Patchy drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 57°F. South southwest wind around 5 mph.
Sunday:
Patchy drizzle before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 63°F. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Sunday Night:
Mostly clear, with a low around 43°F. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

Garland, TX

12:34 a.m. CDT 2016-03-30

Overcast and 67°F
Humidity     73%
Wind Speed     SE 12 mph
Barometer     29.87 in
Dewpoint     58°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

Overnight:
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 65°F. South southeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Wednesday:
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77°F. Windy, with a south southeast wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Garland, TX

6:11 p.m. CDT 2016-04-01

Partly Cloudy and 61°F
Humidity     34%
Wind Speed     N 6 G 9 mph
Barometer     30.05 in
Dewpoint     32°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

Tonight:
A 20 percent chance of showers before 7pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 44°F. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Saturday:
Sunny, with a high near 68°F. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday Night:
Clear, with a low around 46°F. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Flurries this morning, heavy enough to reduce visibility.  There was still some snow lying in the shade of my building when I came home in the early evening, and a few little pockets of blowing snow flurries during the drive.  Going back out now, to come home late, so no idea what to expect weather-wise.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Flurries this morning, heavy enough to reduce visibility.  There was still some snow lying in the shade of my building when I came home in the early evening, and a few little pockets of blowing snow flurries during the drive.  Going back out now, to come home late, so no idea what to expect weather-wise.

If the snowfall gets too heavy, look for a nice blue phone booth to take cover in!

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

If the snowfall gets too heavy, look for a nice blue phone booth to take cover in!

I don't know, things didn't turn out so well for the last woman to enter that blue phone box when there was unusual snow about...even if she did get a key, she didn't get to keep it long!

Garland, TX

6:20 a.m. CDT 2016-04-05

Fair and 52°F
Humidity     90%
Wind Speed     Calm
Barometer     30.16 in
Dewpoint     49°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

Today:
Sunny, with a high near 83°F. South wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
Tonight:
Isolated showers after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58°F. South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Wednesday:
Isolated showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 77°F. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northwest 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

Please don't rain until after our new siding is all installed.

Garland, TX

9:13 a.m. CDT 2016-04-10

Overcast and 63°F
Humidity     94%
Wind Speed     S 14 mph
Barometer     29.97 in
Dewpoint     61°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

Today:
Partly sunny, with a high near 78°F. Windy, with a south wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight:
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67°F. South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Monday:
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 81°F. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

It snowed for the past several days here and below freezing. I drove home from work both yesterday and today in near white-out conditions. Now the kicker, it's currently -1C here and it's supposed to get warmer overnight, the snow is expected to turn to freezing rain then rain, and by tomorrow morning it's expected to be +8C, tomorrow afternoon +11C, Tuesday goes back down to 4C, Wednesday 7 and then back into double digits for the rest of the week, and I hope it stays that way for a while.