• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

75 degrees.  The Caney is still just a little above flood stage.  Of course, it's stopped raining, so the pollen is back.  Thank all things lawful good it's grass, not tree pollen, so not that big of a deal for me.

It's been raining here non stop for the past 2 days, supposed to end later tomorrow but even though it's not heavy downpour and there's no really wind, there's high probability of flooding.

Could be worse, 2 degrees (celcius) cooler and this would be snow. Certainly doesn't feel like May weather.

20 hours ago, mlooney said:

75 degrees.  The Caney is still just a little above flood stage.  Of course, it's stopped raining, so the pollen is back.  Thank all things lawful good it's grass, not tree pollen, so not that big of a deal for me.

Tree pollen here, which might be why my cough is still lingering a bit.

75 F

Windy. Thunderstorms, some heavy during the morning will give way to sunny skies this afternoon. High 87F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Weather of the crappy nature to hang around until 7:00 PM.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

75 F

Windy. Thunderstorms, some heavy during the morning will give way to sunny skies this afternoon. High 87F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Weather of the crappy nature to hang around until 7:00 PM.

Yurgh. We get our slightly crappish weather early this morning, if it holds together. More waves are predicted for the rest of the week.

Orlando trip next week.  Average temp for the time of year is mid to high 80s.  It's been in the 90s for the past week or two.  I'm really hoping this hot spell will burn itself out and we'll get some unseasonably cool weather instead.  My sister isn't all that great with heat and sun, but this was the earliest in the year we could make the trip.

Here's a twist, it's currently 87.6°F in Orlando, and 94.4°F where my sister lives!  I should call her and ask if she's gone outside for a training walk.  ;-)

74°F here right now, I should be going for a nice lunchtime walk.

I'm still a bit worried about the weather next week, but ah, well, we'll make the best of whatever we get.  And we'll know that anything we don't see this time around, there's always the option of coming back some other time.

A couple of days ago we had a thunderstorm with the by now way to familiar close strike.  Closer than I thought I found out today.  One of the "old growth" oak trees in the area between the apartments and the park took a hit.  About 1/3 of it is laying on the ground now.  Not sure if they are going to try and save it or not.  I suspect they will, just based on how may strikes that tree has taken.  I can count 4 scars on it, including this one.

We've been getting back into the Florida pattern of some rain every afternoon.

Four days last week, a rainbow was visible where I was working.  But only once was the Violet line distinct.

I blame the FCC for taking Violets out of our rainbows.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Thunderstorming!  About to shut down everything that doesn't have a battery back up.

Had a weird event happen during the last big thunderstorm several days back. My TV blanked out, a YUUUGE thunderclap went off very close, and the TV came back on. All like it was timed in step. Like off, BANG, on. No other electrical devices in the house were affected. Weird.

Just now, ProfessorTomoe said:

Had a weird event happen during the last big thunderstorm several days back. My TV blanked out, a YUUUGE thunderclap went off very close, and the TV came back on. All like it was timed in step. Like off, BANG, on. No other electrical devices in the house were affected. Weird.

Welcome to the world of EMP.

2 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

Welcome to the world of EMP.

Or aliens.  Could go either way. 

Probably relates to the speed of sound versus speed of electricity.  The lightning caused a blip in the power flow, which arrived first, then it ended just as the sound wave arrived.  And I've seen power blips a couple of times that dimmed the supply enough for some things to be affected but not others.  Or come home to some clocks blinking 12:00 and some not.

Yeah, yeah.  It's probably a conspiracy between your dishwasher and that cute blender down the street.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Blenders are nothing but trouble.

Your Dishwasher should settle down with that nice can opener next door.  I can get a toaster to introduce them.

That might be tricky.  I don't have enough counterspace for a toaster unless I move the rice maker, who I think is the dishwasher's current waifu.

At lunchtime, they were predicting cloudy but very little chance of actual rain tonight.

Then I put my bicycle onto the rack on my car.  The area makerspace is having an open bicycle night, and my front brake isn't releasing properly, so I'm hoping to find enough tools and advice to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Guess what's appeared on the radar, heading our way?

A severe thunderstorm is headed right for us. We're under a warning, and the rain has just begun.

BTW, if you want to see what's going on in my area, go to my (borrowed) radar page and look for the little wishbone roadway north of the town of Sunnyvale. We're about where the left fork begins.

5 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

A severe thunderstorm is headed right for us. We're under a warning, and the rain has just begun.

Weather dot com gives me a 30% chance of rain, with "isolated thunderstorms" being a subtitle.  So I expect to get rain tonight.

We had a lot of thunder and lightning last night, for several hours, but the rain itself was mostly one big blast in the wee hours.  Today it's been overcast with an occasional barely-a-sprinkle.