• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Rain today.

Rain tomorrow.

Rain the day after.

Rain the day after that.

Oh cheer up. It could be worse. It could be raining.

Where I am, I mean.

*looks out the window*

...I should have kept my big mouth shut.

This area rarely does rain, but it has been cold and windy the last couple days. Half a propane tank lasted over a week, the next quarter lasted two days, and the last quarter about 24 hours.

Aside: on the thread list, this thread shows up as a red blob loosely resembling a censor block, followed by "The weather".

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

This area rarely does rain, but it has been cold and windy the last couple days. Half a propane tank lasted over a week, the next quarter lasted two days, and the last quarter about 24 hours.

Aside: on the thread list, this thread shows up as a red blob loosely resembling a censor block, followed by "The weather".

It is tagged with 'Weather', just in case people didn't realise what the thread was about. :danshiftyeyes:

No, I don't get it, either. :icon_eek:

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

It is tagged with 'Weather', just in case people didn't realise what the thread was about. :danshiftyeyes:

No, I don't get it, either. :icon_eek:

It's also tagged with Invading France.

For the Weather, of course.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/news/g1-watch-14-and-15-march-2018-utc-days

G1 Watch Image

G1 Watch for 14 and 15 March, 2018 UTC Days

published: Monday, March 12, 2018 19:20 UTC

A G1 (Minor) geomagnetic storm watch is now in effect for the 14 and 15 March, 2018 UTC-days. The arrival of a co-rotating interaction region (CIR), followed by a recurrent, negative polarity coronal hole high speed stream (CH HSS) is expected to cause the escalated geomagnetic responses. Keep checking our SWPC webpage for the latest forecasts, warnings, and alerts.

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A G1 (Minor) geomagnetic storm watch is now in effect for the 14 and 15 March, 2018 UTC-days. The arrival of a co-rotating interaction region (CIR), followed by a recurrent, negative polarity coronal hole high speed stream (CH HSS) is expected to cause the escalated geomagnetic responses. Keep checking our SWPC webpage for the latest forecasts, warnings, and alerts.

Please tell me that you are keeping a careful eye on Gomer Pyle. If he steers the hovercraft into the negative polarity they will need to build additional pylons again, all just so he can escape through a crack in the event horizon.

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

Having a thunderstorm right now.   Susan, the cat, is not impressed.

I can totally see Susan the character and Susan the cat having equal looks of scorn and disdain.

Edited by CritterKeeper
typo fix

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

And it's raining. And it's Monday.

Lucky you.  It's been snowing pretty much all day here.  Sometimes big fluffy flakes, sometimes tiny little icy specks, almost always blown by too strong and cold a wind.  I think it's finally stopped, leaving our cars in need of scraping and brushing off yet again.

Isn't it the second half of April?

I can't complain, though, because whenever someone else has complained, "What happened to spring??" my reply has been, "This is spring!"

6 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I can't complain, though, because whenever someone else has complained, "What happened to spring??" my reply has been, "This is spring!"

I remember we once had a late April blizzard in Denmark. Not the worst ever but it was pretty impressive. Just two days later the temperative jumped overnight to low 50s and the whole mess melted. Getting to work during that was... interesting. O.O

On Thursday we planned to go from Pocatello to Butte, spend Friday there, and finish the trip on Saturday.

A few miles across the Montana state line we were in a snowstorm. Drove through it. It got thinner a few times, finally we got out of it... and then started into another one just before we got to Dillon. So we decided to call it quits there. By the time we went to bed Dillon had 5 inches of snow on the ground. (We heard that Bozeman got two feet.)

The weather forecasts said Friday would be the best day for nearly a week to get out of Dillon... and said the same thing, only maybe more so, about Butte. So on Friday we made a slightly-longer-than-usual drive to our usual summer area an hour from Missoula. Fortunately, once we got onto the main streets of Dillon every road we cared about was clear.

And this after I made my lady wait a week longer than she wanted to, in order to avoid bad weather.

20 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And it's still January in Moperville, at night, and why isn't there any snow anywhere?! It all melted since New Year's Eve?!

20 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I remember we once had a late April blizzard in Denmark. Not the worst ever but it was pretty impressive. Just two days later the temperative jumped overnight to low 50s and the whole mess melted. Getting to work during that was... interesting. O.O

Yeah, that about sums it up.  One good warm spell can melt a lot of snow, except for the mountains pushed up in the bigger parking lots.  Even when the temperature stays frigid, snow eventually sublimates into the super-dry air.  We probably spend more time in winter with bare ground than we do with snow.

It's been drab, grey, and chilly, with intermittent rain that runs from drizzle to steady soak just often enough to discourage going out.  Didn't stop me from going to the Lincoln Park Zoo's 150th anniversary event yesterday, though!  Just had to wear my raincoat and carry an umbrella.  It's supposed to warm up for a few days soon.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:50 AM, mlooney said:

It's raining. This might explain why I've had a low grade headache for the last 4 hours and why I'm not wanting to get moving today.

What have they got you on as a migraine preventative? The boost to 400mg of Topomax seems to have done wonders. I haven't had a hand grenade go off in my head in a couple of weeks.

15 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

What have they got you on as a migraine preventative? The boost to 400mg of Topomax seems to have done wonders. I haven't had a hand grenade go off in my head in a couple of weeks.

I'm not currently on a preventative.

It's 85 degrees F, feels like 90 and has a 50% chance of rain today and an 80% chance tomorrow.   Storm fronts are a known trigger for migraines for me, which might explain why I have been fighting a medium to mild headache for the last 3 days.  Not bad enough to take /strong/ drugs for, but bad enough that I need to keep track of when I took what so I don't take too much of any one analgesic. 

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Frightened, or standoffish, or tearing all over the place at random moments?

Yes.  Sort of all three...  Very odd.