• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

23 minutes ago, ijuin said:

The operational value for "safe" usually means "will not result in a large number of lawsuits against the manufacturer".

I think Samsung blew that one, too. At any rate it cost them a lot of money so it comes out to about the same.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

Oh, does cold weather/cold moisture give you headaches?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For some people, cold and damp weather will cause a headache.

For me, cold and damp weather is a headache.

Storm fronts in general give me migraines.

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think it's the rapid change in pressure.

And you would be right.  What I really hate is one that rolls in, then sticks around for a while, then rolls out.  I get *two* for the price of one then.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For some people, cold and damp weather will cause a headache.

For some people, it causes turned collars. Particularly beneath street lamps.

As much as I admire Art Garfunkel, he is not a meteorologist.

Current conditions at

Sarasota / Bradenton, Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (KSRQ)

Lat: 27.4°NLon: 82.56°WElev: 30ft.
nsct.png

Fair

68°F

20°C

Humidity 84%
Wind Speed W 6 mph
Barometer 30.12 in (1019.8 mb)
Dewpoint 63°F (17°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Last update 6 Feb 6:53 pm EST

Thunderstorms this evening, then mostly cloudy late with periods of light freezing rain. Low 23F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 100%.

As it happens I don't currently have a headache.

We had a tornado on the ground about 2 miles south of town last night.   Dropped a building, no one hurt.

Seems that storm fronts are still a migraine trigger. Drugs are helping, but not enough to be fully functional. Giving serious thought to going back to bed.

As an add on, my cleaning lady, who I really need before Tuesday next week, lives in the part of Missouri that got hit by tornadoes.

My phone worked, briefly. I told the person I've been trying to get a hold of for the last 2 days I would call her back in a hour.

Of course, the phone is saying "No Service" right now. I'm hoping for a break in the rain when I need to make that call, as there seems to be a correlation between raining and no service on the phone.

Lovely weather lately, except for the thunderstorms, which pop up here and there in long lines, occasionally with storm or tornado watches.  Last night it went up to tornado warning a few counties to the south.  Got to take the pup on a nice walk at lunch yesterday; today I have errands to run he can't come on.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Enjoy the mild day while it lasts! ^_^

The precipitation has begun. It's raining now, but should turn to winter mix then snow tonight. Glad I'm not driving, because the roads are going to be horrid this weekend.

Chance of snow now down to 70% and only expecting 1 inch.  This is down from 100% chance and 3-5 inches they were saying last night. It's damn cold however.  Weather Underground is saying that the snow, if we get it, should start around 10:45.   As a "major winter storm", which is what they were calling it as recently as yesterday, this isn't all that major.  At least here in SE Kansas.  It might be farther north.

The snow came and has more or less stopped now.  We got, roughly 3 inches, measured on my front walk with my finger poking into the snow.   As a "major winter storm" its not much.

15 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

That actually sounds pleasant. Just enough to make snowballs out of.

True, but location, location, location. Here, and certainly in Garland, Tx, 3 inches is debilitating. Nobody is prepared. Snow tires? What's that?

Seriously, where I'm from in Pa, 3 inches was, "Aw, I thought it was going to snow." Here, in North Carolina, they shut down schools for 3 inches.