• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

On 1/29/2020 at 7:51 AM, Scotty said:

the past several days have had temps hovering around 0C with weather reports being "a chance of flurries and risk of freezing drizzle".

On 1/29/2020 at 7:58 AM, mlooney said:

That's what it's like here as well.

That was like 4 days ago.  Today it's going to get to 69 deg F.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Today it's going to get to 69 deg F.

it's currently 0C (32F) here we had snow earlier and there's a chance of rain as the temp rises to 5C (41F).

In other news 4 out of 5 Groundhogs agree that we'll get an early spring.

https://twitter.com/DomenicFazioli/status/1223962129126109184

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

it's currently 0C (32F) here we had snow earlier and there's a chance of rain as the temp rises to 5C (41F).

In other news 4 out of 5 Groundhogs agree that we'll get an earlyhttps://twitter.com/6B1222T/status/1224023906010353665spring.

https://twitter.com/DomenicFazioli/status/1223962129126109184

Lolz or QQ ... (caveat, political cartoon)

Well, it's another set of days where it's going to rain, then drop snow on us.  This is after it was 70 deg F on Sunday.  I'm hating this weather. 

Today
Wed 02/05 High 31 F

100% Precip. / 4 in
Snow this morning will give way to lingering snow showers this afternoon. Some mixed winter precipitation possible. Temps nearly steady around 30. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 100%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

It's back to being cold, wet and miserable.  I'd rather it get fully cold and snow than have this "just above freezing and drizzling rain" crap we have been having.   Actually I'd rather it really rain, if it can't snow, because then I would not sorta want to go for a walk for my knees.  As it stands, right now, it's raining just enough to make walking the half mile I'm supposed to walk miserable enough that I'm not doing it, but not raining enough to not make me feel bad for not doing it.  Weather Underground is claiming that it will turn to snow and winter mix this afternoon, but they said that Monday as well and we got squat for snow.   This is my not gruntled face.

Weather Underground is now saying it's going to get down to 14 deg F tonight and have around an inch of snow.  Thursday is supposed to be cold (25 degree F high) but Friday and Saturday is going to be back up to high 50's low 60's.  Right now I would like the weather to just pick a type and stick to it.  This bouncy ball cold/warm is driving me batty.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Weather Underground is now saying it's going to get down to 14 deg F tonight and have around an inch of snow.  Thursday is supposed to be cold (25 degree F high) but Friday and Saturday is going to be back up to high 50's low 60's.  Right now I would like the weather to just pick a type and stick to it.  This bouncy ball cold/warm is driving me batty.

WU is now saying that we have a 30% chance of snow.  No change on the temperatures expected however. 

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

WU is now saying that we have a 30% chance of snow.  No change on the temperatures expected however. 

"30% chance of snow, 30% chance of Tequila, 40% chance of Margarita mix, a dusting of salt on the outskirts, and a slice of lime"

Now, that's a weather report I can live with.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

We got a light dusting of snow.  It's cold as [redacted] right now however.  It's currently colder than the coldest expected temperature.   It's 12 degrees F with a low of 13...

On 2/13/2020 at 8:00 AM, mlooney said:

We got a light dusting of snow.  It's cold as [redacted] right now however.  It's currently colder than the coldest expected temperature.   It's 12 degrees F with a low of 13...

We warmed up, like spring, then it got cold again. It will be like this through March. For being so far south, our growing season is much like the coastal portions of the northeast. I did not know that until I moved here and looked at the map on a seed packet.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

We warmed up, like spring, then it got cold again. It will be like this through March. For being so far south, our growing season is much like the coastal portions of the northeast. I did not know that until I moved here and looked at the map on a seed packet.

We are looking at 10 days of highs in the 40's and lows in mid 20's.  Rain on Saturday and Sunday.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

We are looking at 10 days of highs in the 40's and lows in mid 20's.  Rain on Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah, there is a reason I moved away from all that, or rather, didn't move back to it. 20 F is unusually cold here. We have a few days each year. Rarely much below that.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, mlooney said:

Oh, we have a surprise possibility of snow tonight.  50% chance of snow of around 1 inch.  And it's going to be colder tomorrow they say.

This morning on the radio:

"Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the area"

5 minutes later:

"Environment Canada has lifted the special weather statement for the area"

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

5 minutes later:

Well, if it hit during those 5 minutes you were warned.  Even if they didn't tell you what the statement was about.

Just now, mlooney said:

Well, if it hit during those 5 minutes you were warned.  Even if they didn't tell you what the statement was about.

It was for snow squalls, of which no real accumulation of snow fell during that period. There were a few flakes in the air but that was it, the original statement was issued at 7am and stated the squalls were expected to go into the afternoon. The sun actually showed itself several times throughout the day.

Was still cold though.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Oh, we have a surprise possibility of snow tonight.  50% chance of snow of around 1 inch.  And it's going to be colder tomorrow they say.

Now claiming 60% chance of snow starting around 11:00 tonight.  Of course they are saying snow, but the temperature will still be above freezing, which means we get cold wet and nasty, not really snow.

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

5 minutes later:

So, the question that popped into my head was, "It's Canada, it's snow, ... how is this 'special'?"

"We have a really weak cold front moving in, it's more like a cool front, really. But we don't want it to feel bad, so we're calling it, 'special'. You can do it, cool front! And that's our special weather statement.

The mind is a terrible thing ...

11 hours ago, mlooney said:
20 hours ago, mlooney said:

Now claiming 60% chance of snow starting around 11:00 tonight.  Of course they are saying snow, but the temperature will still be above freezing, which means we get cold wet and nasty, not really snow.

We got a light dusting of snow.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

We got a light dusting of snow.

We are currently getting three to six inches. That's nothing, right? Nobody has snow tires. They've never heard of snow chains, the stores don't sell them. You can't hardly buy a snow shovel. Few that have lived here all their life know how to drive on snow.

Even though it's actually snowing, it's melting when it hits and then freezing. It was just warm enough to not stay snow, now it's slush on the roads which will be ice soon, and wet snow on the cars. It''s heavier than powder, so we may have tree limbs falling and sometimes power lines.

Supposed to hit 26 F tonight; next Tuesday is projected to be 62 F, and it will all be melted.