• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Current forecast is for rain starting in a hour or so lasting until 3:00 AM Friday.  There is no end to my joy and happiness about this.  Radar shows a massive front coming in, but no thunderstorms.  No flood alerts either.

Tonight's forecast for my area:

Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Some of the storms could be severe. Low around 63. South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Friday

Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 7am. High near 72. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

In other words, maybe a lot of noise and bluster with not a lot of rain. Bleh.

Here in SE Kansas we are getting a thunderstorm in about an hour then rain until 6:00 AM.   I am over joyed at this.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Here in SE Kansas we are getting a thunderstorm in about an hour then rain until 6:00 AM.   I am over joyed at this.

Getting a short break from the rain,  but it will be back soon.  Never got the storm.

It's raining.  Been raining a while.  Supposed to keep raining til noon, then pick up with more rain Tuesday night,  then Thunderstorms for most of the rest of the week.  I'm so glad I'm not going any where for a while.  I suspect that this front coming in is why EtC has been as clingy as she has been. 

On 08/05/2020 at 3:44 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I really should pay more attention

It's all those bandages all over your face. They need to be laundered from time to time for ease of breathing and seeing through.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

It's all those bandages all over your face. They need to be laundered from time to time for ease of breathing and seeing through

Wait until you've been dealing with your current pandemic for 5,000 years
Then we'll see how willing you are to take off those flimsy paper masks you think will protect you

For protection, you can't beat several dozen layers of Natron infused linen

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Wait until you've been dealing with your current pandemic for 5,000 years
Then we'll see how willing you are to take off those flimsy paper masks you think will protect you

I am sorry to tell you this, but actually your plagues ended a long time ago.

It's stopped raining for a while.  Rain is likely after 10:00PM with peak rain chance of 05:00 AM.  The 10 day "forecast" shows a good chance of rain until Sunday every day, with thunderstorms being possible starting Wednesday.  My cup of joy overflows with happiness. 

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's raining.  Been raining a while.  Supposed to keep raining til noon, then pick up with more rain Tuesday night,  then Thunderstorms for most of the rest of the week.  I'm so glad I'm not going any where for a while.  I suspect that this front coming in is why EtC has been as clingy as she has been. 

That sound likely.

1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:
12 hours ago, mlooney said:

I suspect that this front coming in is why EtC has been as clingy as she has been. 

That sound likely.

She was notably less clingy after the rain stopped this morning, but she still hanging out close to me most of the time today.  I'm not saying I don't enjoy her company, I do,  I'm just noting that she acting closer to a dog than a cat with regards to being with her human.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She was notably less clingy after the rain stopped this morning, but she still hanging out close to me most of the time today.  I'm not saying I don't enjoy her company, I do,  I'm just noting that she acting closer to a dog than a cat with regards to being with her human.

I can see what you're saying, that can be ruff.

8 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I can see what you're saying, that can be ruff.

/me adds a star and a notation to the list.  Something about a talking dog joke.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's stopped raining for a while.  Rain is likely after 10:00PM with peak rain chance of 05:00 AM.  The 10 day "forecast" shows a good chance of rain until Sunday every day, with thunderstorms being possible starting Wednesday.  My cup of joy overflows with happiness. 

Current forecast is for the rain to start, more or less, about about 1:00, with the peak still about 5:00 but thunderstorms starting about 10:00.   Given that Explorer will be sleeping with me during that time frame, at least until dawn, I will not have a chance to find out if her being clingy is due to weather or not.

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Oh why not?

We already have a classic Shaggy Dog tale in NP

No [redacted]  A very shaggy dog tale  going on in the current NP story line.

It's raining.  Have a chance of a thunderstorm around 1:00PM to 2:00PM after which it should clear.  EtC has been in her cat cave this morning, and isn't being clingy much this morning.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

It's raining.  Have a chance of a thunderstorm around 1:00PM to 2:00PM after which it should clear.  EtC has been in her cat cave this morning, and isn't being clingy much this morning.

Maybe you could install a Cat-Signal made from an electric torch for when you want her to come out?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Maybe you could install a Cat-Signal made from an electric torch for when you want her to come out?

She comes out when I call her, so I don't have to get to clever about it.

Any way, we are having a thunderstorm now and are under a flood alert.  Explorer the Cat is hanging out in bed with me and isn't trying to get under the covers, but the thunder is currently far off, so she still might have a freak out if it gets closer. 

The storm has come and gone and never got "close", in that we never had loud thunderclaps.  EtC didn't freak out and spent most of the rain fall on my knees, at least until I got up, after which she went to the cat cave to hang.

We currently have a 90% chance of rain/thunderstorm Thursday night, with about an inch of rain expected to fall.  Lets see how Explorer deals with that, but right now it seems she has gotten over her fear of thunder.

Current forecast is chance of thunderstorms starting at 10:00PM today and all day Friday.  About to find out if Explorer is really over her fear of thunder or not.

Current forecast is that we start have a chance of thunderstorms around midnight and keep having them until early Sunday morning.  I'm about to find out if Explorer is over being scared by thunder or not.