• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Looks like Explorer the Weather-cat was wrong. We have a 90% chance of thunderstorm with in the hour. I think I hear far off thunder right now.

UPDATE:  After a loud thunder clap Explorer jumped off the resting box and got up on the desk, then jumped into my lap.  After a few minutes she returned to the book case.  Seems she not fully over her fear of thunder, but she is getting better about it.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:26 AM, mlooney said:

Looks like Explorer the Weather-cat was wrong. We have a 90% chance of thunderstorm with in the hour. I think I hear far off thunder right now.

Time to recalibrate the cat.

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I have something that can help with that.

https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com/album/calibrations

Once I'm back on my download machine I'll get that as well.  Not sure what Explorers musical tastes are, unlike Susan, who was into classical and heavy metal.

It's hot and humid today, with a 40% chance of a thunderstorm around midnight.  Explorer the Cat isn't acting like there was a storm coming, but she didn't act like that until it hit last time, so I'm taking her actions with a grain of salt.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:44 AM, mlooney said:

It's hot and humid today, with a 40% chance of a thunderstorm around midnight.  Explorer the Cat isn't acting like there was a storm coming, but she didn't act like that until it hit last time, so I'm taking her actions with a grain of salt.

No thunderstorm, still hot and humid.  Explorer is shedding like crazy.

I could talk about the weather in the Sunshine State...
But that is usually just hot
Usually Humid
And if not humid, so dry that it is a wildfire hazard

But most of you are not in the Sunshine State (and be grateful for that)
So here is what's happening on the Sun

Space Weather Message Code: ALTEF3
Serial Number: 3141
Issue Time: 2021 May 25 1243 UTC

CONTINUED ALERT: Electron 2MeV Integral Flux exceeded 1000pfu
Continuation of Serial Number: 3140
Begin Time: 2021 May 24 1805 UTC
Yesterday Maximum 2MeV Flux: 1263 pfu

NOAA Space Weather Scale descriptions can be found at
www.swpc.noaa.gov/noaa-scales-explanation

Potential Impacts: Satellite systems may experience significant charging resulting in increased risk to satellite systems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEOMAGNETIC STORM CONDITIONS EXPECTED FOR 25-26 MAY
published: Monday, May 24, 2021 03:36 UTC
A G1 (Minor) geomagnetic storm watch has been issued for 25 May with a G2 (Moderate) watch for 26 May due to the arrival of multiple CMEs from 22-23 May associated with flare activity from active sunspot Region 2824.

It's forecast to have a 50% or better chance of rain starting at about 4:00 PM and lasting until 8:00 AM tomorrow. I'm less than fully gruntled by this.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's forecast to have a 50% or better chance of rain starting at about 4:00 PM and lasting until 8:00 AM tomorrow. I'm less than fully gruntled by this.

And it's raining and is forecast to keep raining until 9 freaking 30 PM.

Something I posted in another forum on May 22nd:

Will whichever deity runs Montana's weather PLEASE take a good look at the calendar? It's May, not March, so we can stop with the snow and below-freezing temperatures!

15% chance or less of rain today, rising to only 20% tomorrow.  I may get a decent night of sleep.  Assuming I don't roll over and hurt myself.

Weather Underground is forecasting a 30 percent chance of about a quarter of an inch of rain (roughly 8mm) right as I'm going to the clinic.

98% humidity, down from 100%.  It's barely 70 degrees and I'm sweating like a sweating thing.  Low chance of rain however.

It's hot, (87, feels like 99) and mid level humid (66%).  After being out in it a while, my 74 degree house feel just fine.  In fact it's cool enough I turned it up to 75.  Most of the day we have a 1% chance of rain rising to 7% around midnight.  While I didn't like being out in it much, I'd rather have this than the damn rain.

It's raining.  Under severe thunderstorm alert until 10:30 tonight.  Expecting 2 to 3 inches of rain.  I'm less than fully grunted by this.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

It's raining.  Under severe thunderstorm alert until 10:30 tonight.  Expecting 2 to 3 inches of rain.  I'm less than fully grunted by this.

The rain has stopped. They are forecasting a 15% chance of rain until 4:00 tomorrow morning when it jumps to over 50%. With any luck it will not rain or I manage to sleep through it.

Weather Underground is saying "Light rain with thunder".  Nope.  Full on thunderstorm.  3rd street is currently a river.

dsc_6510.jpg

5 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Each of the raindrops is pretty light... but there are so many of them...

Not really.  These were big chunky proper storm drops, not the small misty drop that we get sometimes.

It is raining here

It will probably stop, for a while, within the hour

Trouble is that it had to start while I was carrying several loads of laundry

Current conditions at

Sarasota / Bradenton, Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (KSRQ)

Lat: 27.4°NLon: 82.56°WElev: 30ft.
tsra.png

Thunderstorm in Vicinity

86°F

30°C

Humidity 67%
Wind Speed SW 9 mph
Barometer 30.06 in (1017.8 mb)
Dewpoint 74°F (23°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 94°F (34°C)
Last update 29 Jun 2:53 pm EDT

It's raining and is forecast to keep raining for at least 3 hours. Also forecast to have 1-2 inches (2.5-5cm) of rain with "locally heavy rainfall". I suspect my street is going to flood again. I also know I'm feeling a bit on edge right now.