• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Elsa is approaching my home on the Manatee River at the mouth of Tampa Bay

And any good Disney fan should know that Elsa is a name for a Winter storm, NOT a TROPICAL Storm

Edited:  The link to the National Weather Service Map updated and was no longer relevant to my situation

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

Not much impact near me after all

Even the Sunshine Skyway (I 275 over the mouth of Tampa Bay) stayed open through the whole thing, and they close that for any stiff breeze

As a precaution, I spent the night in the clubhouse of my park

There is nothing like a good night's sleep on the floor of the laundry

And I had nothing like a good night's sleep on the floor of the laundry

59 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There is nothing like a good night's sleep on the floor of the laundry

If you say so.  

I'm giving serious thought to crashing early this afternoon so I can attempt to avoid the "I can't get to sleep due to rain" effect I've been having for the last year or so. Forecast to have thunderstorms starting about 10-11 PM tonight and lasting most of tomorrow. Less than gruntled by all of this.

Storm front rolling in. My joints all hurt. Depend on what part of Weather Underground I believe, either a thunder storm will start at 11:00 or we have a 54% chance of rain. Based purely on how I feel, I suspect rain.

Weather Underground is now forecasting a 98% chance of rain starting at 11:45.
11:45 AM - 12:15 PM TYPE Moderate Rainfall

12:15 PM - 12:30 PM TYPE Heavy Rainfall

12:30 PM - 1:15 PM TYPE Moderate Rainfall

1:15 PM - 1:30 PM TYPE Rainfall

1:30 PM - 1:45 PM TYPE Heavy Rainfall

1:45 PM - 2:00 PM TYPE Moderate Rainfall

2:00 PM - 2:15 PM TYPE Rainfall

2:15 PM - 5:00 PM TYPE No Precipitation

My cup of joy overflows with the milk of happiness

It's foggy with drizzling rain right now. Forecast to start really raining around noon and lasting all day and all day tomorrow.  My cup of joy overflows with happiness.

My cup of joy doesn't really overflow with happiness.  It's empty in fact,

On 10/2/2021 at 5:01 PM, mlooney said:

I don't expect there to be a clear sky tonight, plus I've got a bit of light pollution here in the new house. 

True that, unless you live out in the country, light pollution is going to be a thing. If you don't have light pollution, you probably have a hefty drive for groceries.

26 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

True that, unless you live out in the country, light pollution is going to be a thing. If you don't have light pollution, you probably have a hefty drive for groceries.

There is are 2 street lights,  plus an always on redi-bright light next door here, so the light pollution is worse here than at the old place.

It snowed last night.  We had a less than 10% chance of precipitation.   It's forecast to stop snowing around 9:45 AM and have a lesser chance (15% or less) until 4:00 PM when it drops to 0%

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It snowed last night.  We had a less than 10% chance of precipitation.   It's forecast to stop snowing around 9:45 AM and have a lesser chance (15% or less) until 4:00 PM when it drops to 0%

So a blizzard is on the way?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So a blizzard is on the way?

Could be.  Weather here, while not as random as Oklahoma, is pretty random.

Due to getting a new phone, I was looking at a BUNCH of weather apps last night. I was quite surprised to find one that told me the temperature here was 16 Fahrenheit and I should expect snow - all the others were in the vicinity of 41, and search engines return no relevant results for snow here. (Note: 41 is below the average overnight low temperature for January.)

I found no explanation for the 25-degree difference or the extremely improbable precipitation forecast.

Naturally, I quickly uninstalled that app.

15 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I found no explanation for the 25-degree difference or the extremely improbable precipitation forecast.

Odd.  I get cranky when my various weather things differ by more than 2 degrees.  

I have a better than 50% chance of rain forecast around midnight to night.  This may explain why I feel like crap, more so than normal this afternoon. 
My cup of joy overflows with the milk of happiness

Note:  My cup of joy does not, in fact, overflow