• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is there any way to replace T-storms with Tea-storms?

That would be awfully staining, don't you think?

52 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is why Scotch Guard exists

Scotch Guarding, say a stone building, might be tricky, never mind a car.

22 hours ago, mlooney said:

Scotch Guarding, say a stone building, might be tricky, never mind a car.

It might help a building somewhat, but there should be better, more permanent options. I'd look in a builder's supply store for a sealing finish for your building type.

It would probably be minimal benefit for a car, and might even discolor the finish. A good hard wax would help, but if you really care, spend for a top quality paint job with a hard epoxy paint. Imron used to be the brand back in the day; I don't know what's current.

Scotch Guard is sold as a moisture repellent that does not alter the fabric. It washes out and needs to be replaced, I suppose it lasts longer on furniture that isn't frequently washed. So, it is not intended to be permanent, and there may be an unstated downside where it has an affinity for non water based stains, oils. I'd be curious.

15 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It would probably be minimal benefit for a car, and might even discolor the finish. A good hard wax would help, but if you really care, spend for a top quality paint job with a hard epoxy paint. Imron used to be the brand back in the day; I don't know what's current.

Graphene is on offer from the 303 company. I'd be interested in seeing how it worked on my Ridgeline...if I hadn't loaned it to my son...and if I still could drive...and if my right arm was worth a shiat...:P

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or we could just accept a sepia tone world

Steel companies tried that, steels that would surface rust 'protectively'. It looks like $#!7, not sure how well it protects the bulk. I'm pretty sure paint is a better option, but it has to be maintained. In other words, you need a staff of personnel to paint your bridge ever year or so.

Turned my air conditioning on for the first time this year.  Good news is that my gas bill is going to drop a lot.  Bad news, my electric bill is about to go up, a lot.  That might not be the case as I think I have averaging turned on, but if not, look out.

We had a really nice day today, at least until early afternoon. Was supposed to rain later; I did not go out again and haven't checked. Our weather isn't consistent. It's been raining a lot, which we probably need (but some flooding of low areas), and we keep having cold spells. No longer freezing, though, I think we're past that.

We have a good chance (over 50%) of rain starting about 4:00 PM and continuing for the next 26 hours.  It's already muggy and sticky.  Not looking forward to this afternoon.

It's stopped raining.  About forecast for 16-20% chance of rain until 4-5 then it jumps up to over 50%.  Based on how I feel, we are going to get more rain.

Over the last two months, my park has been seal coating all the asphalt drive ways

Now there is just one small section left, the main entrance drive and about half of the office parking lot

I asked the manager when this was going to be finished.  She told me when the asphalt company could be sure of three days without rain, to allow for drying between coats.

Three days with no chance of rain?

This Is FLORIDA.  Apparently this job will NEVER be done

The weather is often clear for most of the day

But the brief T-storms we regularly receive keep it from being completely dry at any outside point for 48 consecutive hours

My grandmother used to claim she could set her clock by the rain that would fall at 4:00 pm every day

It hasn't been that regular since I've moved here, but the rain is still frequent

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The weather is often clear for most of the day

But the brief T-storms we regularly receive keep it from being completely dry at any outside point for 48 consecutive hours

My grandmother used to claim she could set her clock by the rain that would fall at 4:00 pm every day

It hasn't been that regular since I've moved here, but the rain is still frequent

You mean I can't trust Micheal Weston about Florida weather?  It never rained on him, other than during a hurricane. For that matter I don't recall it raining on Crockett and Tubbs either.

Tomorrow is forecast to suck.  Good chance of rain all day (starting around midnight) and being high 50's low 60's.  Close to my least favorite weather.  I suspect that my sleep schedule is going to be all sorts of messed up for the next few days.

It started to rain before dawn today. It's forecast to have a good chance of rain until about 4:00 PM Thursday. I'm really missing being able to take NSAID for body aches. Acetaminophen isn't working so well. I suspect I'm going to spend a lot of the rest of the week in bed. Bleh.