• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

18 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Use Kelvin, it looks more consistent.

True, but I really can't convert K to F, or F to K more or less in my head.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Use the mom scale.  That's the number of sweaters you need to wear until mom no longer feels cold

Well, it's been 1 or 1.5 these last few of mornings, raising to "tee shirt" in the afternoons. 

I'm feeling like crap. This may be why

100% Precip. / 1.08 in
Rain. Thunderstorms possible...mainly in the afternoon. Morning high of 69F with temps falling to near 60. S winds shifting to W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall possibly over one inch. Locally heavy rainfall possible.

Rain prediction for the next few hours:

9:45 AM - 10:30 AM

Heavy Rainfall light rain
0.14 in

10:30 AM - 11:00 AM

Moderate Rainfall light rain
0.03 in

11:00 AM - 11:15 AM

0.03 in

11:15 AM - 11:30 AM

0.01 in

11:30 AM - 11:45 AM

0.03 in

11:45 AM - 12:45 PM

0.04 in

12:45 PM - 1:00 PM

Rainfall light rain
0.17 in

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

0.07 in

2:00 PM - 2:45 PM

0.16 in

2:45 PM - 3:30 PM

0.05 in

3:30 PM - 4:30 PM

0.11 in

4:30 PM - 4:45 PM

0.02 in

I have body aches due to the rain. Taken meds for them but they don't seem to be working. Going to lay down in the bed and read. Might nap if I stop hurting, but I'm not really seeing that happening. It's forecast to rain until 1:00 PM Tuesday. Really not gruntled by this at all.

Yeah, forecast of 33-38% chance of rain from about 9:00 PM until 9:00 AM tomorrow.  Going to be a night of suck.  Like I said, my knees feel like it's going to rain.  Will see.

The rain is over. My knees have started to not hurt. Next forecast front rolls in next Friday. Hoping that his is one of the fronts that Weather Underground miss forecasts.

Watching the weather maps from the National Hurricane Center and I am amazed to see that the places likely to be affected by Hurricane Martin are Greenland, Ireland, and Scotland.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/085703.shtml?mltoa34#contents

I  hope this doesn't cause undue panic

time of arrival graphic

Not to suppress the overall weirdness of the event, but take note, it is no longer a hurricane, it is likely to loose energy being that far north (although global warming seems to blame for why it hasn't lost it faster), and it will most likely cross Ireland before it hits any of Great Britain.

A bit weirder than the one that hit Canada? Or maybe not, this one follows the Gulf Stream.

13 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

And why da eff did they use an equator-centered Mercator projection for a map of the north Atlantic?

Because icosahedron based maps aren't mainstream yet.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

And why da eff did they use an equator-centered Mercator projection for a map of the north Atlantic?

Makes the dick aimed at Ireland look bigger.

Tomorrow afternoon and evening is going to suck.    Actually it may start to suck before then.  16% or better chance of rain starting about 11:00 PM tonight, then about 11::00 AM tomorrow we get thunderstorms with a peak about 3:00 PM.   So far no body aches due to the front, but I'm sure that will happen soon enough.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Tomorrow afternoon and evening is going to suck.    Actually it may start to suck before then.  16% or better chance of rain starting about 11:00 PM tonight, then about 11::00 AM tomorrow we get thunderstorms with a peak about 3:00 PM.   So far no body aches due to the front, but I'm sure that will happen soon enough.

What are you sensitive to? The pressure? Is a relocation an option? You might like New Mexico.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

What are you sensitive to? The pressure? Is a relocation an option? You might like New Mexico.

Yeah pressure changes.  And relocation isn't really an option.  The high parts of New Mexico is one of the short list of places I'd move to if I could.

Current forecast is 99% chance of rain staring at 2:00 PM.  Really less than gruntled by this.  Analgesics seem to be working so far.

Up to 100% chance of rain around 5:00 PM with a good chance of thunderstorms starting at 3:00 PM.  My knees and lower back are telling me rain soon.

Weather's not bad today, a bit cooler that I like, but not cold.  It's forecast to get below freezing later this week.  I'll find out how to use an electric blanket with a weighed blanket then.