• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Rainy today, with a predicted high of 50 (f); for context it's been in the 30s for the past couple of weeks, and we have about a foot of snow on the ground. (I wonder if any of it will still be here tomorrow?) More troubling is the predicted wind: sustained winds around 30mph, with gusts up to 60mph. If that prediction holds, there are going to be a lot of branches and even trees blown down, and we'll be lucky if we don't loose power.

Tomorrow we get a cold snap, with temperatures dropping down to around 20... Fun.

It's 10:00 AM.  I'm going back to bed to be under covers.  Gonna read for a while, then maybe watch some videos.  While it's not freezing in the house, it's cooler than I like.  The furnace is going full bore, but I suspect that the lack of roof insulation in this house is making it hard to heat.

We lost power from around 6 PM to around 5 AM; given how many people lost power and how much work the power crews have, we were lucky it wasn't out longer.

There is still some white stuff on the ground, though I suspect it's more ice than snow at this point (I haven't been outside to check).

So bright side: we'll have a white Christmas with electricity (even if it is fairly cold out).

It's the first day of Christmas. You true love should give a Partridge in a pear tree

Other options include "Part of a juniper tree"

Very pretty peacock upon a pear tree

Goldie ring, and the part of a June apple tree

14 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

We hit record highs the past two days in a row. Today, we're at least 25 degrees colder. My fake knee is feeling it.

It fell like 20 degrees overnight.  Didn't have record highs but it was high 40's low 50's  

I woke up around 6:45 this morning, with body aches.  It's forecast to rain until 2:00 PM, with "locally heavy rains".  Really not gruntled by this.

And it's Tuesday.  22 hours of winter mix and then just snow.  Not doing it yet, but it's forecast to start any time now.  Less than gruntled.

Punxsutawney Phil Predicts 6 More Weeks of Winter for 2023.

I'm not sure about this rodent-based weather prognostication, but if they're going to call it, Phil's my man ... er, ... marmot.

Distant cousin of Grace, cuter than an opossum, the holes they dig are dangerous to livestock and they can undermine a foundation. On the plus side, I have heard from reliable sources that they are tasty.

If you have the ground hog, all you need to do is add some thyme, sage, pepper & salt.  Then you can fry up some real good sausage.

Forgot to mention.

If, of course, you have the time, slowly smoking the links in natural casings will almost always produce a superior sandwich on a roll with sautéed onions and sauerkraut

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

I keep forgetting to buy sausage for Feb 2.  My step father would have big meals of sausage on ground hog day.  I need to buy sausage in general.

Temperatures hovering around 0 F today and tomorrow during the daytime (much colder at night), with high winds. Apparently the wind chill is something like -30, with the wind chill potentially getting down to -50 overnight. The weather report said that at these conditions, frostbite can set in on exposed skin in 5-10 minutes.

Needless to say, my plans involve spending a little time as possible outside, staying out for no more than a few minutes at at time, and bundling up as much as possible when I do.

(Incidentally, while we usually get subzero temperatures for a few days or even a week or so during January and/or February, I can't ever remember a time when the windchill was this bad. It's also a very strange flip from the rest of the winter thus far, which was far warmer than usual.)

We had a rain front roll in last night. Got a good chance of rain until 3:00 AM tomorrow. I've got all over body aches. I'm seeing a lot of bed time for me today.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

We had a rain front roll in last night. Got a good chance of rain until 3:00 AM tomorrow. I've got all over body aches. I'm seeing a lot of bed time for me today.

This weather sucks.  Gonna finish this cup of tea then crawl under covers and watch videos, read, and/or nap.

The weather still sucks.  At least it's not super cold.  That being said they are talking about winter mix tonight, even though it's only going to get down to the mid 30's not below freezing,