• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

On 1/14/2017 at 4:55 AM, The Old Hack said:

dick slapping contests with the Canadians over another of our islands.

No it's not. It's actually not about the island, but in trying to convince each country their booze is better.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

No it's not. It's actually not about the island, but in trying to convince each country their booze is better.

Are there any Canadian single malt whisky products, or is it all blended?

2 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Are there any Canadian single malt whisky products, or is it all blended?

I'm not much of a whisky drinker so I had to do some searching.

There's Glen Breton Rare and Stalk & Barrel, and I think Canadian Club's 100% Rye is considered single malt.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:37 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's just a British food fight...

142948.jpg

On 1/14/2017 at 11:15 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

I have actually had this, although it was the Heinz canned version. It's good, if you can get past the name. Serve with clotted cream or hard sauce.

"Hard sauce"?  Seriously?  You recommend eating your dick with hard sauce?

I love it!  Ain't English grand?

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I love it!  Ain't English grand?

Just an hour or so ago in another forum I commented that wee dew halve a few homophones to trip people up.

Tornado warning in the Houston area. Looks like it'll pass right over my house. Fun. 

12 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Tornado warning in the Houston area. Looks like it'll pass right over my house. Fun. 

One passed over Grand Prairie up here and hit their municipal airport. Property damage only, no injuries.

BTW, Grand Prairie is just east of Arlington, where JerryWorld (a.k.a. the Dallas Cowboys' stadium) is located. The tornado traveled between the stadium and the western edge of Dallas. Nowhere near where Mrs. Prof and I live—a little close to where my son & his wife live, though. Still missed all of us.

BTW, to rub salt into the wound of the Cowboys losing to Green Bay on a last-second field goal, stadium officials told people to stay in their seats and shelter in place after the game due to a severe weather warning. Imagine that—your team gets knocked out of the playoffs, and you've got to stay in the stadium against your will afterward until a farking storm passes.

You live in Chicago, the Great Lakes affect your weather, and the temperature just made it up to 34F. Chances are there is gonna be some ice especially with the weather saying the Windy City got hit with freezing rain.

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

Three guesses about the ice, and the first two don't count....

So it isn't Tara Lipinski training local kids to land the Salchow in your frozen parking lot.
And it isn't Johann Olav Koss racing a Jamaican Bobsled down icy Michigan Avenue.

Then it can only mean that upstart entrepreneurs have decided to turn all the frozen rain into snow cones, shaved ice, and Granita Siciliana.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Then it can only mean that upstart entrepreneurs have decided to turn all the frozen rain into snow cones, shaved ice, and Granita Siciliana.

It is part of a pyramid scheme. Which means that I entirely blame YOU.

11 hours ago, PSadlon said:

You live in Chicago, the Great Lakes affect your weather, and the temperature just made it up to 34F. Chances are there is gonna be some ice especially with the weather saying the Windy City got hit with freezing rain.

We've got freezing rain warnings here in Southwestern Ontario as well, but so far it seems to be just rain.

I don't think we've had anything close to the ice storm of 1998

42 degrees F
They claim 20% chance of rain.  My body tells me there was a front that moved in.

For most of my adult life a front had about a 25% of triggering a migraine.  Of late, I get all over body pains.   Joy of Joys, I got both with this one.  Thank all things Lawful Good, my standard mid level anti-migraine medication seems to be dealing with both, so I'm OK as long as I don't skip a dose every 6 hours or so.

The weather here since mid-November has alternated between too rainy to go outside, and too cold to go outside, with occasional bouts of both-at-the-same-time.

Well, after Monday morning having to skate from my car to the front door of the practice, it eventually melted because it had started raining.  It rained steadily the rest of the day, and has been doing a fair bit of it today too.  I only ventured forth to go with my boss to a Cardiology consultation about her brother's dog, where the cardiologist actually remembered that I'd been at a CE talk at the specialty center a month or so ago.  I wish I had that sort of memory for names and faces!  (Little doggie is doing well, did *not* have some of the bad stuff we were worried about, hooray!)  The rain was just little sprinkles during the evening.

It's 27 right now.  It's going to 50 around noon Friday.  Then drop to 27ish then back up 50, then down to mid 20s again then back up low 50s again.  I didn't look past the 3 days.  At least it's clear and no wind.

The sine wave temperature is keeping up, however has shifted up a few degrees, so it's low to mid 30s to high 50s to low 60s for at least the next 3 day.  Could be worse.

It's 75 right now.  That's not why I'm posting.  Between noon Saturday and midnight Sunday we are projected to have a 50 degree temperature swing.  Mid 80's on Saturday, mid 30's on Sunday.  That is roughly 1 and third degree an hour change over 36 hours.

There is a reason why the national weather service's main location is in Oklahoma.