• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

10 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Current forecast is that we start have a chance of thunderstorms around midnight and keep having them until early Sunday morning.  I'm about to find out if Explorer is over being scared by thunder or not.

Plus we have a flash flood alert until some time Friday morning.

Currently getting "light rain with thunder" with a strong thunderstorm forecast within the hour.  EtC is back to being clingy, so I think she has gone from "afraid of thunder" to "wants to be around The Human when it rains".  We will see what happens with the storm hits.

Getting active loud thunder right now.  Explorer is just hanging out with me.  She looked up a couple of times but hasn't shown any signs of panic yet.

It's bright sunshine right now.  Weather Underground says that we can expect scattered thunderstorms starting about 3:00 PM and lasting until 4:00 AM Sunday.  Explorer the cat didn't seem to care much about the rain yesterday, just stayed a little closer to The Human than normal.

The current forecast is no rain for several days.  Explorer is currently sleeping in her medium sized box in the bed room so she currently over her need to be close, if that was weather related at all.

Currently not raining, but starting about 4:00 AM and for the rest of the day we are supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow.  I'm just over joyed by this.  Explorer is off eating right now, but she's been fairly close for most of the afternoon while it was storming.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

We had a tropical storm blow through. I couldn't even tell.

That must have been a fairly weak tropical storm them.  I assumed you at least noticed it was raining...

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Currently not raining, but starting about 4:00 AM and for the rest of the day we are supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow. 

The start time has been adjusted to 5:00 AM, but after that we have a chance of thunderstorms until 2:00 AM Saturday.   Explorer the cat is hanging out close to me, so I suspect that the storm is close.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

That must have been a fairly weak tropical storm them.  I assumed you at least noticed it was raining...

I'm on the first floor of a three floor apartment building. I do not get rain noise. (I get thumping footsteps instead.) If I step out the door, I'll hear it. If I draw all the shades that I keep closed for privacy, I'll see it. Other than that, weather is not a thing I notice right now.

It has been colder at night the last few days; the humid air has more heat capacity, so while not as cold as a month ago, you tend to feel it.

What surprised me was how early in the season this happened. This is a late summer and autumn thing.

Starting tomorrow at or about 7:00 AM and running all day Monday and Tuesday we are forecast to have rain and/or thunderstorms.  Right now EtC isn't doing her storming weather get close to The Human thing, but I expect that to change in the morning.

Looks like we missed the thunderstorm and only got a light rain while I was asleep this morning.  Weather Underground gives about a 70% chance of thunderstorms starting about 3:00 PM with rain or thunderstorms likely for the rest of the afternoon, the night and all day Tuesday.  Right now EtC isn't being particularly clingy, but it's prime run about the house time for her.

Looks like the thunderstorm, if we get one at all will be around 9, followed by rain.  Weather Underground says this "Heavy thunderstorms this evening will give way to steady rain overnight. Low 64F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Flooding possible in poor drainage areas"   I suspect we will get some rain as Explorer the Cat is being clingy but not needy.

It finally started to actually thunderstorm for a while.  Explorer has been close by the whole time, but not freaking out and trying to get under the covers.  Forecast is until 10:00 in the morning it's going to rain.

It's raining and we are supposed to have thunderstorms within the hour. EtC is staying close to me as she does when the weather turns funky,

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

It's raining and we are supposed to have thunderstorms within the hour. EtC is staying close to me as she does when the weather turns funky,

Didn't get any thunder.  40-50% chance of one later tonight and 80-90% chance tomorrow afternoon.  EtC is less clingy but is still staying on the bed with me, just not up in my face.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Didn't get any thunder.  40-50% chance of one later tonight and 80-90% chance tomorrow afternoon.  EtC is less clingy but is still staying on the bed with me, just not up in my face.

They haven't changed the forecast, still good chance of thunderstorm, peaking around 3:00 PM.  It's sorta nippy right now for the time of year.

They haven't changed the forecast, still good chance of thunderstorm, peaking around 3:00 PM.  It's sorta nippy right now for the time of year.

It's raining.  Chance of thunderstorm in the next hour or so.  Explorer is hanging out with me being close, but not trying it get under covers.

It's raining.  Chance of thunderstorm in the next hour or so.  Explorer is hanging out with me being close, but not trying it get under covers.

It's still raining.  No thunder and not likely to get any for the rest of the night.  Expected to stop raining around 8 PM.  Explorer hanging out on my feet and not particularly upset about any thing. 

We have a 60% chance of a thunderstorm around dawn tomorrow.  EtC isn't acting clingy yet so the front must be a bit far right now.  Radar doesn't show anything to the west or south of us and we normally get weather from the west or south.  There is a bunch of stuff to the SE of here, but It doesn't normally come from that direction.  More, maybe, as it gets closer in time.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

We have a 60% chance of a thunderstorm around dawn tomorrow.  EtC isn't acting clingy yet so the front must be a bit far right now.  Radar doesn't show anything to the west or south of us and we normally get weather from the west or south.  There is a bunch of stuff to the SE of here, but It doesn't normally come from that direction.  More, maybe, as it gets closer in time.

Now down to a 30% chance of a thunderstorm around dawn, so I suspect I'm going to miss out on yet another early summer storm tomorrow.  Explorer the Cat is  acting like it's clear weather, so I suspect that is the case.

56 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Now down to a 30% chance of a thunderstorm around dawn, so I suspect I'm going to miss out on yet another early summer storm tomorrow.  Explorer the Cat is  acting like it's clear weather, so I suspect that is the case.

Weathercat prediction is, no storm.

9 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Weathercat prediction is, no storm.

Pretty much and she's been accurate more times than not.

Looks like Explorer the Weather-cat was wrong. We have a 90% chance of thunderstorm with in the hour. I think I hear far off thunder right now.