• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

We've had rain for two days. Today is clear.

Yesterday's rain was weird. Normal rain, you can feel droplets. Yesterday, we had rain with tiny drops, mist-like, kind of like being in a cloud, but it was not just fog, they were clearly falling. There was a heavy cloud cover in all directions, and it was eerily dim; visibility was not great. I had to dive, and fortuitously minimized how much I had to drive. At one point, I was seeing points on my windshield, sleet, I think. At ground level we were well above freezing, 50s (F), but it may have turned to sleet falling. All day, then it was stopping by evening. Yuck.

Then I remember, we often have drought issues, and need the water.

They are forecasting rain, not thunderstorms with the peak probability of rain being from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM tomorrow.  I'm already feeling the front.

On 2/13/2023 at 2:20 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

Yesterday's rain was weird. Normal rain, you can feel droplets. Yesterday, we had rain with tiny drops, mist-like, kind of like being in a cloud, but it was not just fog, they were clearly falling.

That sounds like what we call "drizzle"; it's fairly common around here.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

That sounds like what we call "drizzle"; it's fairly common around here.

I am used to drizzle as rain with small droplets. These were even smaller than the drizzle I'm used to, but yes, I suppose if it needs a category, that's the closest fit.

It's been raining for about 10 hours now.  Forecast to stop in 2 or so hours.  Going to lay down in bed for a while, at lest until the body ached stop.  Think I'm going watch Mythbusters or nap if my body aches will let me.

There is a front rolling in from the south. Peak activity for it locally is from around 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM. With any luck I'll be knocked out by NyQuil. Body aches on top of this cold would suck.

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

There is a front rolling in from the south. Peak activity for it locally is from around 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM. With any luck I'll be knocked out by NyQuil. Body aches on top of this cold would suck.

That sounds better than what they were saying over the weekend. "Cold front moving across the US, expect tornadoes in the Midwest, and snow in the norther tier, into New York and New England."

Yesterday threatened rain. I went walking with friends and saw very little, a few light impacts on my windshield. Much later, I heard it raining outside.

Severe weather forecast for the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. On that 1-to-5 severity scale, we're in the middle of a level 4 (Moderate) Zone, one step from the worst possible at 5. It's supposed to last until 9pm-11pm tonight. Fingers crossed.

We have not had anything too severe. It has cooled, its been overcast, and we've had some rain. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop; we're due.

15 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Severe weather forecast for the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. On that 1-to-5 severity scale, we're in the middle of a level 4 (Moderate) Zone, one step from the worst possible at 5. It's supposed to last until 9pm-11pm tonight. Fingers crossed.

I'm at the northern end of that system.  Current forecast is it ending around 11:00 AM today.

Currently body ache free. However there is a front rolling in, with rain forecast to start about 4:00 PM and ending about 8:00.  With any luck I'll stay body ache free as I think this front as just part of the last one and my body has adjusted to the new pressure.  Crossing fingers!

We are forecast for rain tonight maybe and almost for sure tomorrow. I'm feeling the front right now so I'm under an electric blanket (set on lowest setting) and a weighted blanket for my knees and lower legs.

It's raining now.  Forecast to have a good chance of rain for the next 12 hours or so.  I have body aches.  All of these are related.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's raining now.  Forecast to have a good chance of rain for the next 12 hours or so.  I have body aches.  All of these are related.

Pain meds not working really. Going to bed.