• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

1 minute ago, PSadlon said:

We don't mind being stuck with you so much as we wish we could clean up our own mess instead of forcing it on you to do so.

The Moderator: I know, and it's all right. Truly, it isn't much of a chore.

Yes, we would all like not to need to trouble you with such petty chores, and let you focus instead on the business of keeping our discussions civil, a task that is a far better use of your efforts.

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:

54 degrees

97% humidity and fog

40% chance of rain

100% chance of hearing lightning and having power flickers.

*looks into old handwritten copy of Necrotelicomnicon, compares weather conditions with certain ancient prophecies, and glares suspiciously at mlooney* Have you or your household hardware been trying to summon elder gods again?

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

*looks into old handwritten copy of Necrotelicomnicon, compares weather conditions with certain ancient prophecies, and glares suspiciously at mlooney* Have you or your household hardware been trying to summon elder gods again?

Nope. Not I know of.  Of course I did flood the bathroom yesterday, but that was because I forgot I was running water for a soak and set down at the computer.  Remembered just in time to not quite shut the water off fast enough.

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Nope. Not I know of.  Of course I did flood the bathroom yesterday, but that was because I forgot I was running water for a soak and set down at the computer.  Remembered just in time to not quite shut the water off fast enough.

Mph. Good enough. But I am keeping an eye on OK. Just so you know. *muttergrumblemutter*

Tulsa, Jones Airport as of 8:14 am CDT

68°
Cloudy
feels like 68°
H 85° / L 70°
UV Index 0 of 10
10% chance of rain.

It is actually a really nice day right now.  And given how noisy it is normally at 8:30 very freaking quiet right now.  People must sleep in on Saturday.

Old record rainfall for Olympia WA airport on Oct 14:  0.99 inches, set in 1956. Neither my mate nor I were even born yet - and we have a great-grandson.

New record rainfall for Olympia WA airport on Oct 14: 2.01 inches, set yesterday.

We're in Elma, about 20 miles to the west of Olympia, and there were several times Thursday and yesterday that the motorhome was rocking due to wind. Supposedly there was a tornado about 16 miles from here, but I can't find any news reports on it (some about a tornado on the Oregon coast).

There are places around Portland where, yesterday or Thursday, they saw old rainfall records for the day blown out by more than 4 times - some nearly 5 times.

There's a major storm coming later today.

Tulsa/Jones Airport as of 8:48 pm CDT

72°
Fair
feels like 72°
H -- L 60°
UV Index 0 of 10

Weather like this expected for the rest of the week.  Daily chance of rain about 10%. I would be more excited about this if I left the apartment more often.

Tulsa/Jones Airport

as of 9:09 am CDT

68°
Mostly Cloudy
feels like 68°
H 83° / L 57°
UV Index 0 of 10
15% chance of rain.

This, it being a great day out, of course, means that the student pilots are out in force.  Either that or a top secret meeting of people that own private jets is happening here today.  Because, even at my worse, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm going to go with 8 out of 10 odds that it's student pilots.  With at least 2 planes.  One of which has a really irrating jet whine.  Sounds like T-37.

To quote the great wiki:

The T-37A was very noisy, even by the standards of jet aircraft. The intake of air into its small turbojets emitted a high-pitched shriek that led some to describe the trainer as a "Screaming Mimi", and it was referred to as the "6,000 pound dog whistle" or "Converter" (converts fuel and air into noise and smoke). The piercing whistle quickly gave the T-37 its name: "Tweety Bird", or just "Tweet". The Air Force spent a lot of time and money soundproofing buildings at bases where the T-37 was stationed, and ear protection remains mandatory for all personnel when near an operating aircraft.

The weather was great today, overcast so not as prone to sunburn, cool but not cold enough to need a jacket.  And for once the good weather came on my afternoon off, and I actually did get out relatively early in the afternoon, so I drove to the zoo and had a lovely walk around the nearby part of Lincoln Park after the zoo closed.  I brought a little folding umbrella just in case, but never needed it. :-)

Tulsa Jones Airport

as of 1:38 pm CDT

77°
Sunny
feels like 77°
H 80° / L 54°
UV Index 5 of 10

0% chance of wet stuff and only a 10% chance on Sunday and Monday.  Nice day out, which is good, because today is my day of going outside.

Tulsa OK/Jones Airport

as of 9:03 am CDT

65°
Thunder in the Vicinity
feels like 65°
H 80° / L 57°
UV Index 0 of 10

Thunder start 9:15 am

Thunder stop 12:45 pm

They were off by 3 minutes, based on when I heard the first thunder clap.

I'm also starting to think that my "I've been beaten with sticks" feeling is weather based.

With the Cubs playing in the World Series tonight, I've been hearing a lot more discussion of the weather in Cleaveland than the weather here today.  We've had rain all day; Cleveland has rain moving in this evening and pushed the start of the game an hour earlier but will likely still get rained out before the game is finished, in which case they pick up where they left off the next day.

22 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

With the Cubs playing in the World Series tonight, 

21 hours ago, ijuin said:

Tonight's forecast for Hades: Blizzard.

Nah, that's only if they win!  That can't happen until at least Sunday.

Tulsa OK/Jones Airport as of 11:45 am CDT

79°
Mostly Cloudy
feels like 81°
H 85° / L 63°
UV Index 3 of 10

No chance of rain for at least the weekend and Monday morning.  Not going over 80 or under 65. 
I'm an Oklahoman.  I don't trust multiple days of "nice" weather in a row.  Plus my dish washer is not chanting any more.  Something about to happen.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Plus my dish washer is not chanting any more.  Something about to happen.

...it has succeeded, then.

The End Times are upon us all. The Compline bells are ringing in the last hours of existence on this Earth. The stars are right, or perhaps terribly, terribly wrong.

Bel-Shamharoth, the Sender of Eight, is awakening. Frantic monks in ancient hidden monasteries leaf through forgotten prophecies in vain, hoping against hope to find the annotation that might save us all. Hysterical laughter echoes in the bowels of the Netherworlds as it at last becomes apparent that even Death may die. The very strings that bind the fabric of reality together quiver and strain as particles dance a quantum danse macabre. Somewhere in the sands of the desert a Beast of eternal and insatiable hunger stirs, sensing that it at long last shall break its chains and feed without restraint. As the Sun sets for the last time it sheds a light to disfigure Hell itself.

The Universe is coming to an end...

...that, or maybe mlooney needs to add more detergent to his dish washer.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The End Times are upon us all. The Compline bells are ringing in the last hours of existence on this Earth. The stars are right, or perhaps terribly, terribly wrong.

We are supposed to have thunderstorms Wednesday  and Thursday, so there is that.

Tulsa OK/Jones Airport as of 11:50 am CDT

69°
Sunny
feels like 69°
H 72° / L 54°
UV Index 4 of 10

Still good on having chance of thunderstorms starting Wednesday for the at least the end of the week, which makes my Oklahoman weather cynic feel normal.

On October 28, 2016 at 11:50 AM, mlooney said:

I'm an Oklahoman.  I don't trust multiple days of "nice" weather in a row.  Plus my dish washer is not chanting any more.  Something about to happen.

Maybe the dishwasher is what's been summoning the bad weather, and now that it's behaving itself, OK will experience a permanent climate change making you the next San Diego.  ;-)

It's November 1st.

It is 22C, feeling like 26 with humidex.

I was putting up Chrismas lights in a t-shirt, wore pants though cus I was too lazy to get the shorts out again.

The weather network is expecting things to feel more like winter by the end of the month though.