• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It's November 1st.

It is 22C, feeling like 26 with humidex.

I was putting up Chrismas lights in a t-shirt, wore pants though cus I was too lazy to get the shorts out again.

The weather network is expecting things to feel more like winter by the end of the month though.

28 C, feels like 29 here in the middle of tornado alley.   Thunderstorms on the way later in the week.

I think I just felt an earthquake.  Either that or my upstairs neighbors are a lot heavier than I thought.  More once the USGS earthquake map refreshes.

45 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I think I just felt an earthquake.  Either that or my upstairs neighbors are a lot heavier than I thought.  More once the USGS earthquake map refreshes.

It's listing a 4.5 at Pawnee, OK at 04:26:54 UTC.

47 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

It's listing a 4.5 at Pawnee, OK at 04:26:54 UTC.

That would be it.  About 50km west of me.  According to the "shake map" option I'm right on the edge of "weak", which would explain why I wasn't sure about it being an earthquake or heavy people moving around upstairs.  :-)

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

That would be it.  About 50km west of me.  According to the "shake map" option I'm right on the edge of "weak", which would explain why I wasn't sure about it being an earthquake or heavy people moving around upstairs.  :-)

I bet your dishwasher is very disappointed right now.

49 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

It attempted to tear the Earth asunder, but had too little power?

16 minutes ago, ijuin said:

It attempted to tear the Earth asunder, but had too little power?

Mmm, maybe, but my best guess is that it was trying for a decent strength earthquake, one that would make people sit up and take notice. You know how it is, you get a good grip but then when you make the big effort your grip slips and you end up just looking stupid.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I know right? Especially considering JML was stating possible worry over the fact that the dishwasher stopped chanting meant something was about to happen. Very anti-climactic.

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I know right? Especially considering JML was stating possible worry over the fact that the dishwasher stopped chanting meant something was about to happen. Very anti-climactic.

Just for what it's worth, the quake was much closer than normal.  Most of the Oklahoma quakes are about 100-200 miles west of me, or more.  This was about 30 miles, as the crow files.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just for what it's worth, the quake was much closer than normal.  Most of the Oklahoma quakes are about 100-200 miles west of me, or more.  This was about 30 miles, as the crow files.

Well, then we have to hand it to your dishwasher, it really tried this time. I can't say I wish it better luck next time, I'd prefer you to stay unquaked.

XKCD supplies some "helpful" tornado advise.

tornado_safety_tips.png

as of 11:53 am CDT

Tulsa OK/Jones Airport
80°
Cloudy
feels like 83°

H 82° / L 64°

UV Index 2 of 10

Generally cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible (20% now - 80% tonight). High 82F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.

Current conditions at

Mesquite, Mesquite Metro Airport (KHQZ)

Lat: 32.75°N Lon: 96.53°W Elev: 446ft.
bkn.png

Mostly Cloudy and 82°F

Humidity 62%
Wind Speed E 14 mph
Barometer 30.09 in
Dewpoint 68°F (20°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 85°F (29°C)

Current conditions at

Mesquite, Mesquite Metro Airport (KHQZ)

Lat: 32.75°NLon: 96.53°WElev: 446ft.
bkn.png

Mostly Cloudy and 70°F

Humidity     100%
Wind Speed     NW 7 mph
Barometer     30.25 in
Dewpoint     70°F (21°C)
Visibility     10.00 mi

Today
A 20 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 77. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

Tulsa OK/Jones Airport

as of 2:08 pm CST

71°
Fair
feels like 71°
H 70° / L 55°
UV Index 2 of 10

70% chance of rain tonight, 90% chance of rain Monday.  With hail!  Haven't had that in a while.

Tulsa/Jone Airport
as of
2:13 am CST

46°
Fair
feels like 46°
H - L 45°
UV Index 0 of 10

Until Tuesday it's heater on weather.  On Tuesday, it's going to be switch back and forth.  I miss the "auto" setting at the old house.  However the HVAC is dead there I understand, so it's a wash.  With the my current drug load I've got about a 3 degree "comfort zone".  Or to be more accurate a 3 degree "don't sweat, don't feel like I'm freezing zone".

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Blech, I hate that--sometimes my sweat/freeze zones even overlap, so I'm sweating and shivering at the same time.

Been there, done that.  Back before I was on disability I rode an electric bike to work.  Roughly 14 mile each way.  In the winter that was my normal state after about 4 mile or so.  I've also had the problem with out riding the bike.  Adderall often causes that.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

We are predicted to have a 30 degree swing in temperature Saturday.  My cup of joy overflows.

I've gotta admit that this is one thing I'm looking to test on the new heat pump AC/heater and Nest thermostat that my wife talked me in to getting this past summer. It's supposed to have a "heat and cool" setting, for times when the nights get really cold but the days still make things a bit sweaty without A/C. It's supposed to keep me from having to manually switch from heat to cool and back again. Should be fun.

Fri Overnight

Partly cloudy

Partly cloudy

0°C

Feels like: -2

POP: 20%
Wind: 5 km/h SW
Wind gust: 9 km/h
Humidity: 69%

Definitely a must have heat on kind of night tonight.

Winter is coming....

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

We are predicted to have a 30 degree swing in temperature Saturday.  My cup of joy overflows.

30 degree swing is average where I am, and I'm thankful for it, because otherwise there would be NO relief at night from hot daytime weather.