• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

partly cloudy

Broken Arrow, OK Weather

Observed at 6:05 pm CST
Local Pollen Alert

partly cloudy
66°F
Feels Like 66°

Partly Cloudy

Wind E 3 mph

Humidity 22%

Dew Point 26°F

Pressure 30.18 in

Visibility 10.0 mi

Warmer than the other 3 base line places I check.   Not sure I like how this editor works.  Meh.

Nice day today, after a lot of flurries off and on over the last few days.  Supposed to get up into the 50s, maybe even 60s, over the next few days.  Hopefully good weather to go for a walk or two!

The weather in Oklahoma is invading France? Interesting.

Here in Texas it's so hot I'm having a hard time sleeping. Hot and muggy. Blech.

2 hours ago, Matoyak said:

The weather in Oklahoma is invading France? Interesting.

Here in Texas it's so hot I'm having a hard time sleeping. Hot and muggy. Blech.

Running joke.

Garland, TX

6:49 p.m. CST 2016-03-06

Overcast
70°F
Humidity     55%
Wind Speed     S 13 G 22 mph
Barometer     29.93 in
Dewpoint     53°F (12°C)
Visibility     10.00 mi

Tonight:
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61°F. South wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Monday:
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72°F. South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Monday Night:
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62°F. South southeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Current conditions at
Sarasota / Bradenton, Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (KSRQ)
Lat: 27.39°N Lon: -82.54°W Elev: 30ft.
Fair 56°F 13°C
Humidity 77% Wind Speed NA Barometer 30.25 in (1024.2 mb)
Dewpoint 49°F (9°C) Visibility 10.00 mi Last update 7 Mar 7:53 am EST

Detailed Forecast
Today Sunny, with a high near 77. East southeast wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 56. East wind 8 to 10 mph.
Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Southeast wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. East wind 9 to 11 mph.
Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 80. Southeast wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.

Garland, TX

11:16 p.m. CST 2016-03-07

Overcast and 68°F
Humidity     71%
Wind Speed     S 17 G 29 mph
Barometer     29.79 in
Dewpoint     58°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS.

TONIGHT. THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS THIS EVENING. THE PRIMARY HAZARDS WILL BE SMALL HAIL AND CLOUD- TO-GROUND LIGHTNING. HOWEVER...SOME OF THESE STORMS COULD BECOME SEVERE...WITH DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE HAIL. THE SEVERE THREAT WILL DIMINISH LATE THIS EVENING AND OVERNIGHT...AS THE ACTIVITY MOVES NORTHEAST OUT OF THE AREA...BUT THUNDERSTORMS WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY MORNING.

Tonight:
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 65°F. South southeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tuesday:
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74°F. South southeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tuesday Night:
Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 60°F. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Garland, TX

5:42 a.m. CST 2016-03-09

Thunderstorm, Rain, and 59°F
Humidity     99%
Wind Speed     E 9 mph
Barometer     29.79 in
Dewpoint     59°F
Visibility     5.00 mi

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS. TODAY AND TONIGHT: RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS WITH DANGEROUS LIGHTNING WILL CONTINUE OVER THE REGION GENERALLY ALONG AND EAST OF THE I-35 CORRIDOR THIS MORNING BEFORE SHIFTING OFF TO THE EAST. HEAVY RAINFALL AND THE POTENTIAL FOR FLASH FLOODING WILL OCCUR GENERALLY ALONG AND EAST OF A PARIS TO CORSICANA TO CAMERON LINE.

Overnight:
Showers and thunderstorms. Low around 58°F . Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Wednesday:
Rain and thunderstorms before noon, then a chance of showers after noon. High near 67°F . North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Wednesday Night:
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 58°F. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Alright, time to see how the new forums handles my copypasta.

Partly cloudy

Partly cloudy

12°C Feels like 10
Wind 14km/h S
Wind gust 21km/h
Humidity 70% Sunrise 6:50 AM
Sunset 6:24 PM
Pressure 101.2kPa
Visibility 15km
Ceiling 30000ft

Bah...I want BBCode back soo bad now...How did you guys remove the double spacing?

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Alright, time to see how the new forums handles my copypasta.

Personally I only ever eat actual spaghetti or macaroni. No dubious imitations or substitutes for me.

(If you have formatting issues, try Matoyak's excellent posts with tips. I link to them in a pinned post in the General forum.)

Looked nice at the start of the lunch break today, overcast but warm.  I wanted to go for a walk (even though my dog didn't feel up to a long one) so I grabbed an umbrella just in case and set out.

Before I'd gotten to the first light, the sky to the north was getting ominously dark.  Kept getting darker fast enough just waiting to cross the road twice (east then north) that I chickened out and crossed back again (west then south) and headed back to work.  But I really wanted to walk!  Well, there's a little 24-hour gym across the streed that has treadmills, so I drove over there (so my work clothes wouldn't get soaked coming back if it did start pouring) and went in and walked on the treadmill for twenty minutes. Not as much fun, but I sure did need the exercise for some reason!

Annoyingly, it looked like it only sprinkled a bit, so I probably could have walked outside after all.

Forecast is for much the same weather the rest of the week. :P

Garland, TX

1:20 a.m. CST 2016-03-10

Overcast
58°F
Humidity     100%
Wind Speed     NE 14 G 21 mph
Barometer     29.87 in
Dewpoint     58°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS. TONIGHT: THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE TONIGHT SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM BONHAM...TO DALLAS-FORT WORTH...TO LAMPASAS. SOME STORMS MAY CONTAIN MODERATE RAINFALL...ESPECIALLY SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM SULPHUR SPRINGS...TO CORSICANA...TO CAMERON...WHERE ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS BETWEEN ONE HALF INCH AND ONE INCH WILL BE POSSIBLE. THIS ADDITIONAL RAIN MAY AGGRAVATE ONGOING FLOODING ISSUES ACROSS THESE AREAS.

I think we've had three inches of rain since the weather event began.

Overnight:
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 58°F. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday:
A chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66°F . North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday Night:
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 57°F . Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Looked nice at the start of the lunch break today, overcast but warm.  I wanted to go for a walk (even though my dog didn't feel up to a long one) so I grabbed an umbrella just in case and set out.

Before I'd gotten to the first light, the sky to the north was getting ominously dark.  Kept getting darker fast enough just waiting to cross the road twice (east then north) that I chickened out and crossed back again (west then south) and headed back to work.  But I really wanted to walk!  Well, there's a little 24-hour gym across the streed that has treadmills, so I drove over there (so my work clothes wouldn't get soaked coming back if it did start pouring) and went in and walked on the treadmill for twenty minutes. Not as much fun, but I sure did need the exercise for some reason!

Annoyingly, it looked like it only sprinkled a bit, so I probably could have walked outside after all.

Forecast is for much the same weather the rest of the week. :P

One time I was out walking on what seemed a perfectly normal sunny day. I was approaching the local mall when the sky suddenly darkened with terriffic speed. I was about ten yards from the entrance when it started pouring. I sprinted the last few steps but STILL got soaked almost through before I made it inside. :blink:

8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

One time I was out walking on what seemed a perfectly normal sunny day. I was approaching the local mall when the sky suddenly darkened with terriffic speed. I was about ten yards from the entrance when it started pouring. I sprinted the last few steps but STILL got soaked almost through before I made it inside. :blink:

I think we got into a discussion of this once before, or perhaps it was another forum.... 1) malls always seemed like a suburban American phenomena, it seems odd at first glance to hear about nordic shopping malls; and 2) malls have been disappearing a lot around here, replaced with complexes of long rows of facing shops, sort of a hybrid between a strip-mall colony and a real mall that's lost its roof.  Is that happening over there, too?

19 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think we got into a discussion of this once before, or perhaps it was another forum.... 1) malls always seemed like a suburban American phenomena, it seems odd at first glance to hear about nordic shopping malls; and 2) malls have been disappearing a lot around here, replaced with complexes of long rows of facing shops, sort of a hybrid between a strip-mall colony and a real mall that's lost its roof.  Is that happening over there, too?

Well, this was a quarter century ago and that particular mall was dying even then. And yes, I'd say so. Many American phenomena get copied here in Scandinavia and a surprising number of tendencies follow in parallel.

Garland, TX

6:53 a.m. CST 2016-03-11

Overcast and 59°F
Humidity     97%
Wind Speed     NE 14 G 22 mph
Barometer     29.97 in
Dewpoint     58°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS.

TODAY AND TONIGHT: THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS AREA WIDE THROUGH TONIGHT. THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR A FEW STRONG TO SEVERE STORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE SEVERE THREAT FROM THESE STORMS WILL BE LARGE HAIL AND WIND GUSTS TO 60 MPH. WIDESPREAD FLASH FLOODING IS NOT EXPECTED...BUT BRIEF HEAVY RAINFALL MAY CAUSE FLASH FLOODING DUE TO THE ALREADY SATURATED SOILS.

Overnight:
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 60°F. North northeast wind around 15 mph.
Friday:
Showers and thunderstorms. High near 64°F. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Friday Night:
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57°F. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Space Weather Prediction Center
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

Saturday, March 12, 2016 21:07:19 UTC

Space Weather Summary

• Solar Wind Speed: 460 km/sec
  • Solar Wind Magnetic Fields: Bt 5 nT, Bz 1 nT
  • Noon 10.7cm Radio Flux: 95 sfu

Garland, TX

9:04 p.m. CST 2016-03-12

Fair and 62°F
Humidity     85%
Wind Speed     SE 7 mph
Barometer     29.80 in
Dewpoint     57°F
Visibility     10.00 mi

Tonight:
Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 55°F. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday:
Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 78°F. South wind 10 to 20 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Sunday Night:
Mostly clear, with a low around 55°F. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Garland, TX

7:29 a.m. CDT 2016-03-15

Fair and 65°F
Humidity     94%
Wind Speed     SW 16 G 22 mph
Barometer     29.64 in
Dewpoint     63°F
Visibility     7.00 mi

Today
Sunny, with a high near 84°F. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 52°F. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming east northeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

The morning, when it's not raining, I'll be home waiting for the plumber(s).  Late afternoon, it's supposed to rain, and tonight, thunderstorms!  So, once again, no chance for a nice long walk outside on my day off.

I turned my collar to the cold and damp

Due to persistent fog, the Sunshine Skyway Bridge was closed for about seven hours this morning.

Current conditions at

Sarasota / Bradenton, Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (KSRQ)

Lat: 27.39°N Lon: -82.54°W Elev: 30ft.

nfg.png

Fog/Mist
72°F
22°C

Humidity 97%
Wind Speed SW 5 mph
Barometer 30.04 in (1017.1 mb)
Dewpoint 71°F (22°C)
Visibility 1.50 mi
Last update 15 Mar 10:53 pm EDT

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Due to persistent fog, the Sunshine Skyway Bridge was closed for about seven hours this morning.

"God is an iron."  -Spider Robinson

Warm and sunny today, but so windy a walk at lunch felt like going uphill!