• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Monday March 20, 2017

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Elliot needs a hug now, where's Grace when you need her?!?

In Tedd's house, probably. Now, how far away that is?

Note: That aura is certainly not just artistic license, however it's an illusion, it can't really burn. Also, even if it COULD burn, Grace is fireproof. Well, her fur is.

Wait: What book is Ellen reading? Is it her spellbook? Or ELLIOT spellbook? Did Elliot read his spellbook since her "I love this cute and sexy form!"?

EDIT: the hug

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I wonder if Magus is artificially enhancing Elliot's rage?  And if so, to what end?

Considering he needs to control ELLEN and not Elliot, probably not ; he's not going to do it just for fun, so without motivation ...

34 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I suspect that the illusion around Elliot is something he already had from Greg's training. But if this were his new spell, I'd be pleased to be wrong.

Of course it is. We even already saw him doing that (before awakening even) ... we also saw Nanase and Justin do it, and that was before Justin awakened.

Oh yes, the contrast between Elliot's rage and Ellen's half-bored calm, made all the sweeter because up until a year ago they were the same person.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Wait: What book is Ellen reading? Is it her spellbook? Or ELLIOT spellbook? Did Elliot read his spellbook since her "I love this cute and sexy form!"?

There's no title on the book Ellen is reading, though I dunno for sure if "A Perfectly Normal Book" is the actual title of Elliot's spell book or not. Maybe it isn't and both their spell books have no visible title on the cover.

3 hours ago, partner555 said:

I sometimes get that way with Internet comments.

I mostly think to myself "there are people that actually think this way?" or "they gotta be just saying that because they know it upsets people and they can get away with it because internet anonymity allows it"

It's pretty bad because you can ban or block someone and they'll just create a new account to comment on, and IP bans can also be circumvented by people who are savvy enough.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I mostly think to myself "there are people that actually think this way?" or "they gotta be just saying that because they know it upsets people and they can get away with it because internet anonymity allows it"

It's pretty bad because you can ban or block someone and they'll just create a new account to comment on, and IP bans can also be circumvented by people who are savvy enough.

We have all seen that point at one time or another.  

I was half-thinking that Elliot went Super Saiyan in this comics, he was so mad (glowing eyes and all).  

1 minute ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:

I was half-thinking that Elliot went Super Saiyan in this comics, he was so mad (glowing eyes and all).  

His hair didn't go golden and spiky though so he's still so far right about it being impossible.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There's no title on the book Ellen is reading, though I dunno for sure if "A Perfectly Normal Book" is the actual title of Elliot's spell book or not. Maybe it isn't and both their spell books have no visible title on the cover.

Correcting myself here, "A Perfectly Normal Book" had to be Dan using artistic license as we see Ellen reading Elliot's spell book and it didn't have a visible title on it, so it both their books likely have blank covers.

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

In Tedd's house, probably. Now, how far away that is?

Note: That aura is certainly not just artistic license, however it's an illusion, it can't really burn. Also, even if it COULD burn, Grace is fireproof. Well, her fur is.

EDIT: the hug

Elliot would probably have mentioned if he had read it and found a new spell. (On side note, if Tedd's theory about Elliot's spells is correct, then Elliot's new spell will be a non-girly spell. But now Elliot will be disappointed that it's non-girly.)

If Elliot has a new non-girly spell, it should reflect some (other) aspect of his personality.  He's definitely got a "saving people thing" going on, so that would be my first guess.  Not sure what other personality aspects might work.  He's competitive but he's also extremely honest, so he's not likely to want a spell that would help him win at basketball or racing or martial arts,  Likewise the proverbial boy scout is unlikely to want to magically change the behavior of others through magic, even in "good ways," although he might need Ellen's more thoughtful input to figure that out consciously.

Really, other than getting a male superhero form, I can't think of any really obvious spells Elliot would want and use.  There are plenty of things he's like, I'm sure, just none of them stand out as most likely.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Correcting myself here, "A Perfectly Normal Book" had to be Dan using artistic license as we see Ellen reading Elliot's spell book and it didn't have a visible title on it, so it both their books likely have blank covers.

My guess is that spellbooks look like spellbooks to people who know they are spellbooks. The misleading and incredibly boring titles are only shown to other people, and selected ad-hoc to be boring to *those specific* other people.

7 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

My guess is that spellbooks look like spellbooks to people who know they are spellbooks. The misleading and incredibly boring titles are only shown to other people, and selected ad-hoc to be boring to *those specific* other people.

I was going to ask "what does that make Lisa and Amanda? Since they can see the titles." but then I re-read the commentary, and considering Dan linked references to both Susan's book and Elliot's, it's possible that Dan might not always display the spell books with titles unless he feels it necessary to show it.

The spell books have imitation leather covers with the titles debossed in what appeared to be gold foil.

Of course it was all a cheap reproduction that rubbed off entirely the second time the book was handled.

That is why you could clearly see the title when the book first appeared, but not at later appearances.

Knowing Susan's obsessions with cleanliness, it is not surprising that she has handled her book carefully to preserve the appearance.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think that in Dan's artist style, books have titles on covers only when closed. And I mean even normal books, not just spellbooks.

Wait. Susan's spellbook had title even open.

6 hours ago, A.E. Pessimal said:

Elliot would probably have mentioned if he had read it and found a new spell. (On side note, if Tedd's theory about Elliot's spells is correct, then Elliot's new spell will be a non-girly spell. But now Elliot will be disappointed that it's non-girly.)

He definitely wouldn't. He already have enough girly spells and doesn't need more.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

If Elliot has a new non-girly spell, it should reflect some (other) aspect of his personality.  He's definitely got a "saving people thing" going on, so that would be my first guess.  Not sure what other personality aspects might work.  He's competitive but he's also extremely honest, so he's not likely to want a spell that would help him win at basketball or racing or martial arts,  Likewise the proverbial boy scout is unlikely to want to magically change the behavior of others through magic, even in "good ways," although he might need Ellen's more thoughtful input to figure that out consciously.

Really, other than getting a male superhero form, I can't think of any really obvious spells Elliot would want and use.  There are plenty of things he's like, I'm sure, just none of them stand out as most likely.

I think he MIGHT be using some calming spell - although if it would be same calibre as Jerry's serenity spell he won't use it often. Also, he might be using on HIMSELF. Actually, it would be useful right now.

Still, I don't think he would get male superhero form, and the new spell will probably have something to do with the situation he was in ... so I don't have any idea what he might get either.

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think he MIGHT be using some calming spell - although if it would be same calibre as Jerry's serenity spell he won't use it often. Also, he might be using on HIMSELF. Actually, it would be useful right now.

If he's using a calming spell at this moment, I'd hate to see him not using it...

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
43 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If he's using a calming spell at this moment, I'd hate to see him not using it...

... did I get the tenses incorrectly?

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

... did I get the tenses incorrectly?

Maybe?

"I think he MIGHT be using some calming spell" implies that you believe he is using a calming spell. If that's not what you mean then replacing "using" with "needing" would be enough to imply that he needs a calming spell to use on himself.

Alternatively "I think he could use a calming spell" would work with implying that if Elliot had one or even if Ellen had one, now would be a good time to use it.

Actually, Ellen with a calming beam would be appropriate.