• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Possible Security Issue?

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone else been getting virus warnings when visiting the forum? G DATA has been going crazy, popping up a warning on every page. It refers to a virus being found in files downloaded from files.catbox.moe , and the only way I've been able to get rid of it is to go into my hosts file and set the address of that url to 127.0.0.1.

I've warned tOH and asked him to pass it along, but I'm not sure whom else to warn. Just take care as you browse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Has anyone else been getting virus warnings when visiting the forum? G DATA has been going crazy, popping up a warning on every page. It refers to a virus being found in files downloaded from files.catbox.moe , and the only way I've been able to get rid of it is to go into my hosts file and set the address of that url to 127.0.0.1.

I've warned tOH and asked him to pass it along, but I'm not sure whom else to warn. Just take care as you browse.

Not related to the forum itself, it's the filehost I uploaded the 910 logo to for my interface fix.

You can edit the script to take that bit out if you want (or mirror it on Imgur or whatever and repoint it) but I personally doubt it's a problem.  It's an anonymous filehost, so other people probably uploaded malware downloads or something.

Still, it's best to be careful though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.  Of course I'm either running Linux or OSX behind a fairly butch firewall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those using my interface fixes, you may upgrade to my latest revision, which uses a different host for images, as a matter of caution.  Again, there is probably no need to worry unduely here, it is unlikely to be an actual problem (as I explained above), but I'm following what I feel to be good procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HarJIT said:

For those using my interface fixes, you may upgrade to my latest revision, which uses a different host for images, as a matter of caution.  Again, there is probably no need to worry unduely here, it is unlikely to be an actual problem (as I explained above), but I'm following what I feel to be good procedure.

Thank you. I've downloaded the latest revision, and all seems well. Bravo.

CritterKeeper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:
2 hours ago, HarJIT said:

For those using my interface fixes, you may upgrade to my latest revision, which uses a different host for images, as a matter of caution.  Again, there is probably no need to worry unduely here, it is unlikely to be an actual problem (as I explained above), but I'm following what I feel to be good procedure.

Thank you. I've downloaded the latest revision, and all seems well. Bravo.

I've also done this, even if I'm not running on machines that virus are a problem.  It never hurts to be safe.  If I've never said how good your patch is, let me say it now.  It makes this forum useable.  Something I am reminded of whenever I try to use on the tablet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now