• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

You know, I made this for the strip slaying thread

6asaNk3.png

but now that I think about it, Nanase can also change her entire appearance with illusions (http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=288) so she could put on a pretty impressive cheerleadra impersonation anytime she felt like. If her and Elliot took it in turns being seen with each other there'd be enough confusion to deny pretty much anything, with a probability of success far greater than 3720 to 1.

I'm metaphorically slapping myself upside the head.  Nanase had not occurred to me as an option for pseudo-Cheerleadera.  That makes sense but does violate my world view of "It's freaking new person."

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aof5LCT5JD0

While it could work, I doubt Elliot would participate.  Throwing suspicion off himself by thrusting the spotlight on someone else is just not his style.  Not even if Nanase or Mr Verres came up with the idea.

There doesn't have to be suspicion on Nanase at all. All she would need to do would be to appear as Cheerleadra in a situation where Elliot is present. If she hadn't been visible as Nanase there earlier, there would be no reason for anyone to think of her at all.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

There doesn't have to be suspicion on Nanase at all. All she would need to do would be to appear as Cheerleadra in a situation where Elliot is present. If she hadn't been visible as Nanase there earlier, there would be no reason for anyone to think of her at all.

Unless it was an already-existing rumor, then people who believed it would be paying attention to whether they knew where Nanase was.

I'm betting Mr. Verres is smart enough to make sure the manufactured sighting occurred when Nanase was in school, too, possibly while she was giving a speech in class or something.  I'm a little surprised he didn't time it for when Elliot was somewhere with more observers than just being in the hallway, too.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm metaphorically slapping myself upside the head.  Nanase had not occurred to me as an option for pseudo-Cheerleadera.  That makes sense but does violate my world view of "It's freaking new person."

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aof5LCT5JD0

While it could work, I doubt Elliot would participate.  Throwing suspicion off himself by thrusting the spotlight on someone else is just not his style.  Not even if Nanase or Mr Verres came up with the idea.

I don't think Edward would approve of the idea of any of Elliot's friend's who are capable to looking like either Elliot or Cheerleadra (Nanase, Grace, Tedd, Ellen) of trying to pull off that plan because there is still a chance of someone noticing one of them dissappearing before Cheerleadra's appearance, the plan was to have the sighting occur during school though I was expecting it to be during class or lunch rather than just when people are getting to school. Nanase is fairly well known in MSHS and people have seen her floating around the halls, if someone noticed her being late for class, it would draw attention to her. Having an agent of DGB do it will keep the Main Eight out of public scrutiny.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

though I was expecting it to be during class or lunch rather than just when people are getting to school.

I think it was between classes during the day.  Panel three has Elliot wearing a jacket on top of his shirt, like he'd just arrived, while panel four has him wearing just the shirt.

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think it was between classes during the day.  Panel three has Elliot wearing a jacket on top of his shirt, like he'd just arrived, while panel four has him wearing just the shirt.

Possible. Though it's also possible 10 minutes could have passed between panels 3 and 4 and Elliot had just visited his locker and taken the jacket off and he was just heading to the cafeteria or home room. It's hard to tell when there no narrator giving time of day info. :)

If people start suspecting that Nanase is the cheerleader-themed superhero, proving otherwise would be easy...

... unless people start suspecting that there are two of said superhero.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

If people start suspecting that Nanase is the cheerleader-themed superhero, proving otherwise would be easy...

... unless people start suspecting that there are two of said superhero.

That is easy to disprove. Just arrange for still another duplicate and have all three show in public at the same time.

...what? >.>

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

That is easy to disprove. Just arrange for still another duplicate and have all three show in public at the same time.

...what? >.>

Just have everyone that can "do" Cheerleaders appear all together, and say it's the standard "uniform" for anyone super powered who doesn't have their own unique super identity yet. The very short skirt is to encourage new supers to get their own costumes as soon as they can.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I prefer Short Shorts.

I don't think that would work very well with your bandages.

Then again, if you ever debut as the superhero Mummyman, people will instantly suspect you just because you happen to be a Pharaoh.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Then again, if you ever debut as the superhero Mummyman, people will instantly suspect you just because you happen to be a Pharaoh.

Didn't Michael Keaton already play that role?

No, wait.  That was Mr Mom.  My mistake.

On 03/22/2017 at 1:37 PM, Scotty said:

I don't think Edward would approve of the idea of any of Elliot's friend's who are capable to looking like either Elliot or Cheerleadra (Nanase, Grace, Tedd, Ellen) of trying to pull off that plan because there is still a chance of someone noticing one of them dissappearing before Cheerleadra's appearance, the plan was to have the sighting occur during school though I was expecting it to be during class or lunch rather than just when people are getting to school. Nanase is fairly well known in MSHS and people have seen her floating around the halls, if someone noticed her being late for class, it would draw attention to her. Having an agent of DGB do it will keep the Main Eight out of public scrutiny.

Tedd can't fly. Neither can Ellen except the guardian form. Still, yes ... without any other option, if Elliot, Nanase and Grace would be taking turns, it would take some time before people would accept three friends taking turns as easier explanation. On the other hand, they DO have other option. It's easy for Edward to arrange some sighting in way which would be much safer for all three mentioned.

On 03/23/2017 at 2:54 PM, Haylo said:
On 03/22/2017 at 8:12 PM, The Old Hack said:

...what? >.>

Just have everyone that can "do" Cheerleaders appear all together, and say it's the standard "uniform" for anyone super powered who doesn't have their own unique super identity yet. The very short skirt is to encourage new supers to get their own costumes as soon as they can.

Or they can claim they are cheerleader squad. After all, cheerleaders USUALLY appears in squads, don't they?

On 03/23/2017 at 3:00 PM, mlooney said:

Unless they like short skirts that is.

Well, even good ideas may backfire.

31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd can't fly.

You know, I actually wonder why that would be the case. Why couldn't Tedd make a watch that had a flight spell on it? I can understand that he'd be more interested in transformations and stick to those, but the fact that no one has at any point asked him if he could make a watch that let them fly is just mind boggling.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

You know, I actually wonder why that would be the case. Why couldn't Tedd make a watch that had a flight spell on it? I can understand that he'd be more interested in transformations and stick to those, but the fact that no one has at any point asked him if he could make a watch that let them fly is just mind boggling.

No moreso than the fact that you/we are only just thinking of the idea on these forums, after so many years. :-)

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

No moreso than the fact that you/we are only just thinking of the idea on these forums, after so many years. :-)

I know right, this should have been the first though when we learned that Tedd could make the watches.

Maybe Dan just downplayed the whole flying aspect of magic that we were like "we already have Grace, Nanase and Elliot who can fly on their own, Justin, Susan and Ellen don't seem interested in Tedd's magiteck stuff, so that leaves just Tedd and Sarah and they both seem more interested in transforming."

Of course, Ellen later discovered the wonders of being able to fly with the help of copying Nanase's guardian form and Susan's had Tedd help with making new fairy dolls for her and now has her own watch to play with, but there's soo much going on right now that I don't think they've really had time to think about the kinds of spells Tedd could make for them with watches, and then there's that whole thing about the watches becoming unusable  once the energy clog is cleared and the ambient magic levels drop to what they should be. So we may never see a flight watch.

51 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Alas, yes. After the magic change, Tedd will need to enchant rings instead. So we will have to settle for flight rings.

I would prefer a flight pip-boy, which hopefully might also fix the being to small to work outside an area with abundant magic problem, as that would be several times larger then a watch, and larger then a wand.

5 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

I would prefer a flight pip-boy, which hopefully might also fix the being to small to work outside an area with abundant magic problem,

If magic changes, the size of an object may cease to matter as much. In the new paradigm, the material crafted from might rule over size -- for example, a gold ring might be able to hold a more powerful enchantment than a magic staff.

If magic changes, the size of an object may cease to matter as much. In the new paradigm, the material crafted from might rule over size -- for example, a gold ring might be able to hold a more powerful enchantment than a magic staff.

Actually the type of material does matter, it's mentioned in Q&A#6 that a well crafted wand can be more efficient than a big staff. Tedd's watches only work because they're drawing their energy entirely from the caster and ambient energy. If Tedd could get his hands on the right materials he might be able to augment as watch to store energy, kinda like his gauntlet. the quality of the material would allow for more energy, but that stuff's probably hard to come by and we don't know what the gauntlet uses.

Of course, yes, this might all be moot if the system changes, then again, the materials might not change, but rather the method of crafting them.