• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story Wednesday March 22 2017

So, at least one person that DGB knows and has some sort of influence on has flight as a power and possibly enhanced strength as well.  They might have a disguise power as well, or someone else has disguise other as a power. 

Next question, when do we meet these people?  And no, in my world view, it's not one of the agents we have seen so far.

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

So, at least one person that DGB knows and has some sort of influence on has flight as a power and possibly enhanced strength as well.  They might have a disguise power as well, or someone else has disguise other as a power. 

Next question, when do we meet these people?  And no, in my world view, it's not one of the agents we have seen so far.

I like the notion that it might be Nanase. Failing her, the easiest way to fake the C-Girl is to have a wizard do it. Since wizards can learn the spells of others, one would only need spells of flight, disguise and strength, and these all seem fairly common.

Of course, that would mean that when Elliot asks Mr. Verres how the DGB pulled it off, he will only answer "A wizard did it."

Just now, The Old Hack said:

I like the notion that it might be Nanase. Failing her, the easiest way to fake the C-Girl is to have a wizard do it. Since wizards can learn the spells of others, one would only need spells of flight, disguise and strength, and these all seem fairly common.

Of course, that would mean that when Elliot asks Mr. Verres how the DGB pulled it off, he will only answer "A wizard did it."

I doubt flight is all that rare of a spell, and the person posing as Cheerleadra doesn't have to look exactly like her as long as they keep just enough distance from witnesses, the right size person with a brown wig and blue tights would pass at 50-100 feet in the air.

Also panels 1 and 2 are amusing in that it shows there really isn't much difference between m!Elliot and f!Elliot. Obviously there's hair colour, and then everything from the neck down is different, but the face doesn't seem to change at all. Elliot did say he changes eye colour as well, but that's not apparent in greyscale.

Such PR. Much beautiful. But I care more about the new extras popping up.

Dark blue, black, dark blue, black, ooh, black and dark blue!!

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Or fake a seizure ;)

Though knowing Mr. Verres I would half expect a long  and convoluted explanation, with many charts, that Elliot eventually loses track of and falls asleep during. 

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Flying, enhanced strength, disguise ... yes, that sounds like something they would even have ON THE SAME WAND. Standard, issued to all agents.

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I like the notion that it might be Nanase.

While Nanase can do it, I think Edward used some actual agent instead of someone from main eight. Unless it was him.

7 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

While this will probably work, I think the timing was slightly off - it should have been right when one of Elliot's classes was about to start. Maximum witnesses that way.

Depending on WHERE it is, people might reject the theory even if they see Elliot few minutes later than the incident (of course, SUPERMAN would manage that, but most superheroes aren't that fast).

Note that apparently while noone dared to confront him lot of people did suspected him ... of course, Dan is not likely to now draw hundred of people looking at Elliot while entering class and rejecting the theory he would be able to get here so fast.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Depending on WHERE it is, people might reject the theory even if they see Elliot few minutes later than the incident (of course, SUPERMAN would manage that, but most superheroes aren't that fast).

True. Cheerleadra has been shown to be able to fly significantly faster than street traffic, but not blurringly fast.

13 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

While this will probably work, I think the timing was slightly off - it should have been right when one of Elliot's classes was about to start. Maximum witnesses that way.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that apparently while noone dared to confront him lot of people did suspected him ... of course, Dan is not likely to now draw hundred of people looking at Elliot while entering class and rejecting the theory he would be able to get here so fast.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

True. Cheerleadra has been shown to be able to fly significantly faster than street traffic, but not blurringly fast.

Yeah, I'm afraid Mr. Verres is off on this one -- he must be assuming that none of the highschoolers in Moperville read the comic books that Justin sells.  Superheroes pull these scams all the time to hide their secret identities -- most without having super speed.

For all anyone knows, the "True Elliot / Cheerleadra" is flying around saving parachutists, while the "Fake Elliot" at school is a lookalike cousin, or butler in disguise, or a hologram, or a robot.  Or the robot is the one flying around.

At the very least, Mr. Verres should have consulted with Justin to learn how difficult this would be.

On the other hand, those scams *do* always work in the comic books.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

The "sighting" rumor could have been started by something as simple as a Tweet. It's more Edward's style. Hey, pretty much the same methods have kept Elvis alive for four decades now.

Elvis has the advantage that multiple Elvis impersonator are good enough to earn a living at it -- big pool of candidates. I used to distrust Elvis sightings until I realized how many good reasons there were for even careful observers to be fooled.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

pretty much the same methods have kept Elvis alive for four decades now.

I never understood why this was a big deal.

A King from Memphis is seen among the living many years after his death?  Been there.  Done that.

18 hours ago, Asari said:

Yeah, I'm afraid Mr. Verres is off on this one -- he must be assuming that none of the highschoolers in Moperville read the comic books that Justin sells.  Superheroes pull these scams all the time to hide their secret identities -- most without having super speed.

For all anyone knows, the "True Elliot / Cheerleadra" is flying around saving parachutists, while the "Fake Elliot" at school is a lookalike cousin, or butler in disguise, or a hologram, or a robot.  Or the robot is the one flying around.

At the very least, Mr. Verres should have consulted with Justin to learn how difficult this would be.

On the other hand, those scams *do* always work in the comic books.

He could learn how difficult it would be, and then what? It's not like if the comics books provide ways how to make more convincing fake sightings. Quite the contrary, they prove that making the fake sightings completely reliable is impossible. Even TRUE sighting of Elliot as Cheerleadra might be easily labelled fake.

Also, the fake Elliot at school might be shapeshifting superhero. Wait. Actually he is :)

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

The "sighting" rumor could have been started by something as simple as a Tweet. It's more Edward's style.

While possible, I would expect him to orchestrate one actually played sighting AND multiple tweet-only sightings. Of course, that might still mean THIS sighting is tweet rumour.

From Dan's commentary:

"In regard to panel two, I like the idea of Elliot sometimes just taking off his shirt before transforming before bed and then putting it back on as oversized shirt pajamas."

Is it still "boyfriend's shirt style" if it's your own shirt?

18 hours ago, Asari said:

From Dan's commentary:

"In regard to panel two, I like the idea of Elliot sometimes just taking off his shirt before transforming before bed and then putting it back on as oversized shirt pajamas."

Is it still "boyfriend's shirt style" if it's your own shirt?

Good question. I know of enough girls who simply go out and buy some sufficiently large menswear shirts to wear themselves in order to get that sort of look.

I have an oversized T-shirt with Tinkerbell on it which is definitely nothing most boyfriends would wear.  It was sold specifically as sleepwear.  I wonder how many sleep-shirts are purpose-made versus adopting oversize and/or male shirts?

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have an oversized T-shirt with Tinkerbell on it which is definitely nothing most boyfriends would wear.

1) Are you sure?

2) Are you sure the manufacturer realized it before creating it? :)

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have an oversized T-shirt with Tinkerbell on it which is definitely nothing most boyfriends would wear.  It was sold specifically as sleepwear.  I wonder how many sleep-shirts are purpose-made versus adopting oversize and/or male shirts?

I've contemplated (particularly a few years ago when a certain series of books and shows were popular) getting a shirt with Tinkerbell on it. Either scolding, or laughing her arse off. Alongside the words "Real Sparkles Don't Vampire".

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have an oversized T-shirt with Tinkerbell on it which is definitely nothing most boyfriends would wear.  It was sold specifically as sleepwear.

1) Are you sure?

Well, I did say most boyfriends....  I bought it from the Disney World gift shop after discovering I'd forgotten to pack anything to sleep in, and it was definitely labeled as either a "sleep shirt" or "nightie," I forget which.

2) Are you sure the manufacturer realized it before creating it? :)

This is the same company from which I have since purchased both shackles (from the Pirates of the Carribean ride's gift shop) and "Imperial Binders" (from the Star Wars gift shop), so they are either kinkier than they let on, or more oblivious/naïve than a megacorp has any right to be. ;-)