• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story Wednesday March 22 2017

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

This is the same company from which I have since purchased both shackles (from the Pirates of the Carribean ride's gift shop) and "Imperial Binders" (from the Star Wars gift shop), so they are either kinkier than they let on, or more oblivious/naïve than a megacorp has any right to be. ;-)

Obliviousness/naivety seems to be a common theme for many toymakers. Mattel made a flying broom toy back in the early 2000's for their Harry Potter line and seemed to make the assumption that having it vibrate would give the sense that it was magical. It was discontinued pretty quick after it was brought to their attention that sex shops were selling the brooms as well, and parents were reporting that their teenage daughters were playing with it more than their younger siblings, heck the radio show I was listening to at the time was talking about it and a mother that called in admitted to playing with it herself a few times. Like seriously, someone must have considered what might happen if anyone put a vibrating object between their legs.

Modern American culture does seem to have this notion that children are, and should be, entirely ignorant about anything sexual, and therefore would never ever grasp innuendo, double entendres, or other borderline things such as these toys.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

This is the same company from which I have since purchased both shackles (from the Pirates of the Carribean ride's gift shop) and "Imperial Binders" (from the Star Wars gift shop), so they are either kinkier than they let on, or more oblivious/naïve than a megacorp has any right to be. ;-)

Obliviousness/naivety seems to be a common theme for many toymakers.

I think the key words are plausible deniability.

Also, I can totally imagine the meeting where everyone realizes the problem but noone is brave enough to say it out loud. (Seriously - not only it would be embarrassing, they can also be sued for sexual harassment.)

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Mattel made a flying broom toy back in the early 2000's for their Harry Potter line and seemed to make the assumption that having it vibrate would give the sense that it was magical. It was discontinued pretty quick after it was brought to their attention that sex shops were selling the brooms as well, and parents were reporting that their teenage daughters were playing with it more than their younger siblings, heck the radio show I was listening to at the time was talking about it and a mother that called in admitted to playing with it herself a few times.

I think it was extremely good idea and, as mentioned on one of the deleted reviews, every girl should get one. If they are old enough to enjoy it, you would be naive to think they didn't tried already with something else.

(Also, the surest way to make them try more? Forbid it.)

5 hours ago, HarJIT said:
5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Modern American culture does seem to have this notion that children are, and should be, entirely ignorant about anything sexual, and therefore would never ever grasp innuendo, double entendres, or other borderline things such as these toys.

Relevant comment on a relevant (old) thread.

Yeah, very good note.