• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP Wed March 22 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=593

You could pretty much do this in Skyrim as well, though I don't recall being able to strip your followers. They'd have their base gear and then if you give them something else, they'll use/wear it, but if you took that away they would return to using their base gear.

At the very least you might be able to take their weapon, but I definitely don't remember seeing armor in their inventories.

You could do something similar in Fallout 3 (and I assume NV but I never really tried there). If you reverse pick pocketed a suit of superior armor on to someone theh the next time the loaded they would be wearing that, and you could pick pocket their original suit. 

One playthrough I proceeded to replace EVERYONES outfit in Megaton with the varions raider outfits (including the kids) and then steal their original outfits. Some of the kids clothes look a bit weird on a full grown adult. 

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

You could pretty much do this in Skyrim as well, though I don't recall being able to strip your followers. They'd have their base gear and then if you give them something else, they'll use/wear it, but if you took that away they would return to using their base gear.

I would be surprised if the Fallout 4 would actually let you strip someone naked either. At least without mods. Looking at this probably NSFW video (including Dan Shive in comments) they keep their underwear.

Not only this makes easier to avoid R rating, also I doubt any graphics designer would be bothering with drawing the "naughty bits" if they are never supposed to show. Underwear is simpler.

Also, actual sexy outfits would be more fun than naked anyway ... except they would need to be in the game.

51 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, actual sexy outfits would be more fun than naked anyway ... except they would need to be in the game.

A lot of games include these. For example, Star Wars: The Old Republic has the Slave Leia outfit available for purchase for players. *sigh*

7 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

A lot of games include these. For example, Star Wars: The Old Republic has the Slave Leia outfit available for purchase for players. *sigh*

And I'm sure you could get that for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games for free on the Nexus mods website.

Just checked and yep, there's 3 Slave Leia "armor" mods for Skyrim, and 1 person retextured the Grognak Armor in Fallout 4 to sorta look like a Slave Leia outfit.

I'm not too keen on the whole "less is more" mentality that some people have towards armor for females, I'll download outfits that people adjust to fit better because a lot of times the outfits and armor look really bulky.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Right. "Micro"transactions. Forgot about this incentive for game developers to include something sexy even if it makes no sense for the game story ... and Slave Leia outfit even DOES make sense in game story, at least a little.

Also, content which needs to be bought separately doesn't influence rating of game, right?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

And I'm sure you could get that for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games for free on the Nexus mods website.

Just checked and yep, there's 3 Slave Leia "armor" mods for Skyrim, and 1 person retextured the Grognak Armor in Fallout 4 to sorta look like a Slave Leia outfit.

Meanwhile, existence of fan mods on this topic doesn't surprise me at all.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I'm not too keen on the whole "less is more" mentality that some people have towards armor for females

I though there are characters in game which are NOT supposed to be armored. Sure, it's rarely case for PLAYER characters ...

I don't like mixing sexy and armor either. It tends to get against each other. If the woman is supposed be dressed sexy, don't pretend it's armor ... or at least make it magical armor, that might work.

(Case in point, WitchBlade is very good armor AND also sexy, but it's also shapeshifting symbiont with supernatural origins.)

Altruism is crucial, yet sketchy at the same time.

I used to give a lot of used, modified missile launchers to my followers in Fallout 4. Good times...

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I don't like mixing sexy and armor either. It tends to get against each other. If the woman is supposed be dressed sexy, don't pretend it's armor ... or at least make it magical armor, that might work.

You can still have armor that looks good on females, but it's when they give a woman in a game what amounts to a chainmail bikini and call them a tank is where it gets ridiculous.

Seriously, "armor similar to that of males but made for a female body shape" is much more sensible and does much more for suspension of disbelief.

At one time, I thought that games where the computer controlled characters would just do anything the player tells them was intended as a training exercise for military officers or royal brats.

These people will do what you tell them with out complaint or thought of consequence.  If you tell them to fly to the next planet, but don't tell them to get fuel first, they will end up drifting forever or crashing down halfway through launch.  The way I saw it, this was to make the player realize the need to be clear with commands.

It was only later that I realized that game designers were not moral authorities dispensing sage wisdom in the modern equivalent of the Aesopian fables.

Will no one pick up the banner Jay Ward once carried into battle against the cultural ignorance of American youth?

20 hours ago, Scotty said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You can still have armor that looks good on females, but it's when they give a woman in a game what amounts to a chainmail bikini and call them a tank is where it gets ridiculous.

You can make armor that looks good on females, but not exactly sexy, or at least not in the "easy-sexy" way.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Seriously, "armor similar to that of males but made for a female body shape" is much more sensible and does much more for suspension of disbelief.

Yes. And with "uniboob" - there is no way how to justify design which divert damage into middle of chest, which is what any design with two separate boobs does.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At one time, I thought that games where the computer controlled characters would just do anything the player tells them was intended as a training exercise for military officers or royal brats.

These people will do what you tell them with out complaint or thought of consequence.  If you tell them to fly to the next planet, but don't tell them to get fuel first, they will end up drifting forever or crashing down halfway through launch.  The way I saw it, this was to make the player realize the need to be clear with commands.

Well, they behave like robots because they ARE (controlled by computer). You can't expect game designer put actual AI into the game just so NPC can complain if you try to order them something stupid. Making the OPPONENT not completely predictable is hard enough.