• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotty

np
NP: Friday March 24, 2017

12 posts in this topic

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=594

Yeah, those open world games and their main quests always seeming to be important, I just want to farm. ;)

 

Interesting, if true, about Dan's plan for the next NP set, Grace, Susan and Charlotte, using as much copy-pasta as possible. I wonder what it'll be about, non-canon of course, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mowr. Moo Mowr.

So many mini-quests, so little time. I never even got to really follow the main challenge in Fallout 4. I loved how I made my character, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't that actually supposed to be a thing in Fallout 4, with there being people who either never leave Sanctuary, or only leave to scavenge materials towards improving Sanctuary? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is little more frustrating when playing a game than to come up with a plan, only to the game itself keep you  from even trying it.  For example, there was this one old game that claimed to let you develop real estate, but all you really did was endlessly circle Atlantic City.

I really think leaving Ventor Avenue undeveloped and building six houses on Marvin Gardens would be a much better option than a hotel on each.  But will the zoning board even listen to my request?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, those open world games and their main quests always seeming to be important, I just want to farm. ;)

Even in non-open world, the urgent quests rarely end up being as urgent as presented. Game designers rarely dare to actually put player on timeout.

Although ... maybe it would be nice idea to have a game where the main goal is to defeat the force of Winter and you could spend lot of time farming and developing but after several years of game time you would notice that the winters are colder and colder ...

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There is little more frustrating when playing a game than to come up with a plan, only to the game itself keep you  from even trying it.  For example, there was this one old game that claimed to let you develop real estate, but all you really did was endlessly circle Atlantic City.

I really think leaving Ventor Avenue undeveloped and building six houses on Marvin Gardens would be a much better option than a hotel on each.  But will the zoning board even listen to my request?

Board games are usually considerably less open than computer games, yes ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Although ... maybe it would be nice idea to have a game where the main goal is to defeat the force of Winter and you could spend lot of time farming and developing but after several years of game time you would notice that the winters are colder and colder ...

Going back to the ECO game I mentioned before, it kinda has a Majora's Mask twist in that there's a meteor that will hit the world you're in after 30 real days (game time passes more like minecraft so a game day is 20 minutes or so) So basically the goal of the game is to manage resources while learn new skills and technologies and try progress as far as possible before the end of the world. Some people I've seen play mention trying to build a bunker underground to try to survive the impact, but I dunno if it's actually possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scotty said:
14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Although ... maybe it would be nice idea to have a game where the main goal is to defeat the force of Winter and you could spend lot of time farming and developing but after several years of game time you would notice that the winters are colder and colder ...

Going back to the ECO game I mentioned before, it kinda has a Majora's Mask twist in that there's a meteor that will hit the world you're in after 30 real days (game time passes more like minecraft so a game day is 20 minutes or so) So basically the goal of the game is to manage resources while learn new skills and technologies and try progress as far as possible before the end of the world. Some people I've seen play mention trying to build a bunker underground to try to survive the impact, but I dunno if it's actually possible.

Bunker?

What about technology to divert the meteor or colonize other planets?

EDIT: Actually, the wiki for ECO mentions meteor is supposed to be prevented by technology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Bunker?

What about technology to divert the meteor or colonize other planets?

EDIT: Actually, the wiki for ECO mentions meteor is supposed to be prevented by technology.

Yeah.

Anyway diverting back to the commentary and the next NP story, Dan states that it will feature a strange alternate universe scenario. Unfortunately, despite it being a week from April 1st, this likely wont be a return to the AF04 crew, especially considering Dan said it will involve just Grace, Susan and Charlotte, and the fact that one of them will be an android, though I wouldn't be opposed to referring to this as the AF17 universe.;)   As to who would be the android... I'm thinking Grace, mainly due to the fact the Susan once thought Grace was an android, this would be an opportunity to do a callback to that and say that there is a universe where Tedd did build himself and android girlfriend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

As to who would be the android... I'm thinking Grace, mainly due to the fact the Susan once thought Grace was an android, this would be an opportunity to do a callback to that and say that there is a universe where Tedd did build himself and android girlfriend.

Right. That's why it could be Grace. I wasn't sure about her, as it would make more sense with Susan and Charlotte :)

Edit: Elliot though she's robot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hkmaly said:

Right. That's why it could be Grace. I wasn't sure about her, as it would make more sense with Susan and Charlotte :)

 

In Susan's case, we only have her being portrayed as one, not really sure how an alternate Susan could be an android though it might be tied to Star Trek somehow. No idea how Charlotte would have an alternate version of her that's an android.

Another possibility is this alternate reality has them playing a game together where one of them picks an android character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scotty said:

n Susan's case, we only have her being portrayed as one, not really sure how an alternate Susan could be an android though it might be tied to Star Trek somehow. No idea how Charlotte would have an alternate version of her that's an android.

Depends on how much alternate the reality is.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Another possibility is this alternate reality has them playing a game together where one of them picks an android character.

The reality of game IS alternate to the reality where you play it (from). Not close alternate, but still ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlotte does have manners and speech patterns that could fit an android quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0