• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Pinup, Single, Mall-Goth Elliot, Wed March 29 2017

I must say, any attempt to visualize a cross between Mall Girl and Goth alter ego did not come close to this, and I'm glad this exceeded expectations.

Does this Goth/Mall hybrid frequently appear at the Moperville Mall?
That could help explain while that mall is still thriving while other malls are in decay.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That could help explain while that mall is still thriving while other malls are in decay.

EGS is a world where video rental stores are still a thing.  Brick-and-mortar retail is resisting death-by-internet better than they are in our world.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

I really like this one.

I really like the image but I really don't like the story. Seems like too strong personality change to me ...

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

EGS is a world where video rental stores are still a thing.  Brick-and-mortar retail is resisting death-by-internet better than they are in our world.

That and I would expect clothes stores to still be doing well in some areas from people who want to actually try on clothes before you buy them. The malls back where I am from are still doing well (well the main 2 anyway), but one is almost all clothes stores, the other just mostly

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

You know, I'm not sure if the main malls in Tulsa are doing well or not.  I haven't been in a mall (vs. a strip mall) in over a decade.  That doesn't mean anything; I didn't like malls back when they were a thing.

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

You know, I'm not sure if the main malls in Tulsa are doing well or not.  I haven't been in a mall (vs. a strip mall) in over a decade.  That doesn't mean anything; I didn't like malls back when they were a thing.

Not so much a response to what you said, but why the heck did a portion of your post get censored with a "Protected by Grammarly" block?

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not so much a response to what you said, but why the heck did a portion of your post get censored with a "Protected by Grammarly" block?

I don't see any censorship.

Wait ... when I look into source code, there is some "data-grammarly-reactid" inside the quote ... that may be it.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not sure.  I use the Firefox addon of Grammarly, which I haven't noticed any weirdness with as yet.

[edit] Oh, I see why, it is to hide the Grammarly button, which should only show up if you have that addon installed.  It's a little widget that lives in the lower right-hand corner of the text edit field.  Unless it seems to do something odd to your display, it should be harmless. 

[edit 2] Another reason may be that I left that post in edit mode, for reasons I'm sure made sense at the time, or I forgot to push the save button.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't see any censorship.

The block is the same colour as the post background (the light blue) and doesn't completely cover "anything;" either, I could see the "a" and the tops of the "th". The block also goes out past the boundaries of the post and it says "Protected by Grammarly" when I hover over it. I've never seen it do that before, and haven't installed anything related to grammar checking. It's a mystery...

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

Not sure.  I use the Firefox addon of Grammarly, which I haven't noticed any weirdness with as yet.

Obviously, quoting your post didn't reproduce the effect so I have no clue why it did that in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Obviously, quoting your post didn't reproduce the effect so I have no clue why it did that in the first place.

Another reason may be that I left that post in edit mode, for reasons I'm sure made sense at the time, or I forgot to push the save button.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:
8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Another reason may be that I left that post in edit mode, for reasons I'm sure made sense at the time, or I forgot to push the save button.

What likely happened was that you copy&pasted part of Grammarly markup into the post text (maybe when copying the quote) and send it to server.

13 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

As Dan has pointed out many times, video rental stores are still a thing in the Real World(TM).  There's a Family Video within bicycling distance of me in two different directions as I type this.  Not to mention the public library has a pretty good collection of DVDs and Blu-Rays.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

There's a Family Video within bicycling distance of me in two different directions as I type this.

Google says there are 8 in Tulsa.  Granted 5 of those are "Vintage Stock" which to be honest, would be the sort of store I would expect Mr. d10 to run in the current day and age.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

<grammarly-btn>
<div class="_e725ae-textarea_btn _e725ae-not_focused" data-grammarly-reactid=".9" style="visibility: hidden; z-index: 2;">
<div class="_e725ae-transform_wrap" data-grammarly-reactid=".9.0">
<div class="_e725ae-status" data-grammarly-reactid=".9.0.0" title="Protected by Grammarly">
</div>
</div>
</grammarly-btn>

This seems to be the offending code. It appears to render weirdly in several browsers. I haven't seen anything really bad, but it's a bit distracting.

1 hour ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

<grammarly-btn>
<div class="_e725ae-textarea_btn _e725ae-not_focused" data-grammarly-reactid=".9" style="visibility: hidden; z-index: 2;">
<div class="_e725ae-transform_wrap" data-grammarly-reactid=".9.0">
<div class="_e725ae-status" data-grammarly-reactid=".9.0.0" title="Protected by Grammarly">
</div>
</div>
</grammarly-btn>

This seems to be the offending code. It appears to render weirdly in several browsers. I haven't seen anything really bad, but it's a bit distracting.

I think I have it turned off now.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

As Dan has pointed out many times, video rental stores are still a thing in the Real World(TM).  There's a Family Video within bicycling distance of me in two different directions as I type this.  Not to mention the public library has a pretty good collection of DVDs and Blu-Rays.

I'd quibble that video rental stores only survive where they cater to a niche market.  The days of Blockbuster herds thundering across the prairie are sadly behind us, never to come again.

But in fairness, a town like Moperville where everybody is at least a bit of a geek, could be such a niche.

24 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Come for the movies, stay for the Tensaided! :)

If you don't like him, he;ll grow on you.  Like a fungus.  An enthusiastic, boss and GM hybrid, rules-evoking alpha-geek sort of fungus.