• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Sjmcc13

Story Friday March 31, 2017

Between this one and the latest pinup's commentary, we may have to make a weird change to the OT3, as in specifying who the not Grace or Tedd partner is.  I suggest OT3-S and OT3-E.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Between this one and the latest pinup's commentary, we may have to make a weird change to the OT3, as in specifying who the not Grace or Tedd partner is.  I suggest OT3-S and OT3-E.

5 hours ago, WR...S said:

...so much for my utopian fantasy of polyamory obviating shipping wars.

No, we still have them all in OT14, and I would have said OT4, but Elliot has the "like a sister" thing with Sarah, so that would be "one big awkward moment", so we end up with 2 threesomes, that have to check their day planner as to who is to be where, when.

9 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Well, been a while since I kept up with any Walkyness, but yes, sort of.  It's almost a shippers reaction?  Certainly seems more than just, "Oh hey, hug and experience the feels of resolving past issues."  Or, remember Sarah's and Grace's reaction to Justin and Luke possibly pairing up? (http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1901)  I imagine from the expression on Grace's face that she is experiencing a reaction that is a lot closer to Sarah's reaction.  I wonder if Tedd and Grace have discussed their relationship in terms of openness?  I imagine not.  Ah, Dan must be rubbing his hands together and cackling in delight over the fevered imaginings of his readers.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Oh Elliot. You want so badly to apologise but can't make yourself reopen an old wound. So you do all you can to show Tedd now how much you accept what he is. I think I love Elliot more now than I ever have before.

He really is the kind of guy you would love to have as your BFF.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

I still think there's a good possibility is the Main Eight having kids together. If Grace really can make Uryuom eggs on her own like Mr Guyur could, then I can easily see her wanting all her friends to be parents. Uryuom society is such that they don't build relationships on physical attraction and sexual urges, what may look like polyamory could a bunch of best buds and while there's the human tradition of choosing god-parents for their children, Uryuoms take it a step further and allowing anyone they have close connections with to be part of the family and the process of raising children.

Now true, we don't know a lot about how Uryoum eggs work, it does seem to be implied that clothing can remain on during the process so that would make things less awkward. As for how they would go about donating the DNA material, we know it can be injected by syringe, and it also seems that blood is enough, so maybe it would just be a matter pricking your finger with a pin and sticking it in one of the holes.

As for Grace knowing about Elliot making those comments the first time he saw Tedd as a girl, the most plausible scenario would be that Tedd didn't have to say anything because Grace saw and heard it through Tedd's glasses, if she didn't understand it fully then, she then would have gotten Tedd to talk about it when she confronted him later. The other thing is that while Grace may not fully understand everything about human behaviour, she is very observant and it was very recently comic time (like 5 or 6 days ago) that Elliot nearly had a melt down over people that gay bash, so Grace was probably seeing similarities in Elliot's tone and since she had that prior knowledge of hearing Elliot yelling at f!Tedd through Tedd's glasses, Grace had the means to difuse Elliot's anger.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:
13 hours ago, WR...S said:

...so much for my utopian fantasy of polyamory obviating shipping wars.

No, we still have them all in OT14, and I would have said OT4, but Elliot has the "like a sister" thing with Sarah, so that would be "one big awkward moment", so we end up with 2 threesomes, that have to check their day planner as to who is to be where, when.

Well, there was already issue with Elliot and Ellen not being "in it" at same time, so ...

8 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

I wonder if Tedd and Grace have discussed their relationship in terms of openness?  I imagine not.

It might be first relationship having problem with one partner wanting the OTHER being more open HIMSELF ...

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

I still think there's a good possibility is the Main Eight having kids together. If Grace really can make Uryuom eggs on her own like Mr Guyur could, then I can easily see her wanting all her friends to be parents. Uryuom society is such that they don't build relationships on physical attraction and sexual urges, what may look like polyamory could a bunch of best buds and while there's the human tradition of choosing god-parents for their children, Uryuoms take it a step further and allowing anyone they have close connections with to be part of the family and the process of raising children.

I think having eight parents would be lot even for Uryuom (not record, sure, but lot over average) but I can totally see Grace not wanting anyone to feel excluded, yes ...

Now true, we don't know a lot about how Uryoum eggs work, it does seem to be implied that clothing can remain on during the process so that would make things less awkward. As for how they would go about donating the DNA material, we know it can be injected by syringe, and it also seems that blood is enough, so maybe it would just be a matter pricking your finger with a pin and sticking it in one of the holes.

I think that while using syringe is possible, it's not SUPPOSED to be done that way. But, maybe someone would consider it less awkward ...

(Also, while it may not be SUPPOSED to be done that way for Uryuoms it may be preferred option for humans.)

There is also question about time window. It's possible you can keep adding DNA for whole hour or even more, which would allow less awkward options even if nakedness would be required.

As for Grace knowing about Elliot making those comments the first time he saw Tedd as a girl, the most plausible scenario would be that Tedd didn't have to say anything because Grace saw and heard it through Tedd's glasses, if she didn't understand it fully then, she then would have gotten Tedd to talk about it when she confronted him later.

... right. She wouldn't hear the first comment there but even this might be enough for her to guess correctly.

Note that while only her short-term memory is perfect, even her normal memory might be better.

So the Pink Haired Mall Girl will be part of the clone-form library.
Why am I envisioning a day when everyone Tedd knows shows up at the mall in the Mall Girl form at the same time?

As for multiple genetic contributions to an Uryom Egg?
If genetic material can be obtained from any source, a blood sample from each would probably be the most effective way.

But if traditional reproductive cells are required, the human males have a much easier time contributing than the human females.

As for using the transformation gun or similar technology to allow everyone to contribute both types of cells, remember that the victim subject needs to be in that form for about a month before the revised reproductive system becomes fully functional.

I know that it is possible to harvest human egg cells and store them cryogenically for later use.  But that is a medical procedure with significant costs and inherent risks.

23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note that while only her short-term memory is perfect, even her normal memory might be better.

That, and the video evidence might still exist.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But if traditional reproductive cells are required, the human males have a much easier time contributing than the human females.

I would imagine that the egg contains the equivalent of stem cell templates already, just enough genetic material to be considered reproductive cells which then combine with the DNA from donor blood.

23 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So the Pink Haired Mall Girl will be part of the clone-form library.

And probably "backed up" on Grace.

24 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for using the transformation gun or similar technology to allow everyone to contribute both types of cells, remember that the victim subject needs to be in that form for about a month before the revised reproductive system becomes fully functional.

We know the male needs to be female for about a month. I don't think it was specified how long female needs to be male ; it would be logical to assume there is some time needed but it may not be whole month. Of course, even just week would be impractical. Also, we don't know what effect would enchanted cells have on embryo.

27 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I know that it is possible to harvest human egg cells and store them cryogenically for later use.  But that is a medical procedure with significant costs and inherent risks.

Yes, that definitely doesn't seem like method they would use.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:
40 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That, and the video evidence might still exist.

Sure. I'm certain Tedd was planing to keep it.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I would imagine that the egg contains the equivalent of stem cell templates already, just enough genetic material to be considered reproductive cells which then combine with the DNA from donor blood.

Not only yes, but also the stem cell templates needs to be Uryuom for the reproduction to work.

23 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Oh Elliot. You want so badly to apologise but can't make yourself reopen an old wound. So you do all you can to show Tedd now how much you accept what he is. I think I love Elliot more now than I ever have before.

Also, with the asking for Tedd to make it into a clone form, Elliot is implying "hey, I want to share this fun form with you too".

Just now, ijuin said:
20 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Also, with the asking for Tedd to make it into a clone form, Elliot is implying "hey, I want to share this fun form with you too".

While there's no harm in Elliot doing that, I would think that what Elliot told Tedd the day before was enough for Tedd to know that Elliot no longer thinks that way.

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
14 hours ago, Scotty said:

While there's no harm in Elliot doing that, I would think that what Elliot told Tedd the day before was enough for Tedd to know that Elliot no longer thinks that way.

Well, this is Elliot. And Elliot does not do things by halves.

No. He always overcompensates at least thrice.