• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Pinup: Saturday April 1, 2017 (Rental Guard Level 2)

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

And of course, because she works for Tensaided, there's RPG style level up bonuses. ;)

It may also explain why Susan is doing it. She has been told she will get bonuses but not what bonuses. Especially not the blonde hair one.

(Although the "it's just someone's daydream" explanation is still more likely ...)

To be honest I would like this a bit better if Susan's hair color was still her trademark dark blue.

Not that I don't!Ike this version mind you.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
18 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

She's fine, but she's not Susan.

Well, if you still consider Heidi to be Elliot ...

We do have canon evidence of the last time Susan was (mostly) Blonde. So we could boil this down to Susan having let go of the feelings associated with being blonde, or there's some sort of mind altering effect going on, but considering Susan apparently accepted being a Rental Guard to begin with, it's tough to say.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We do have canon evidence of the last time Susan was (mostly) Blonde. So we could boil this down to Susan having let go of the feelings associated with being blonde, or there's some sort of mind altering effect going on, but considering Susan apparently accepted being a Rental Guard to begin with, it's tough to say.

There IS sort of mind altering effect in case of Heidi. That's why I used her as example.

Just now, hkmaly said:

There IS sort of mind altering effect in case of Heidi. That's why I used her as example.

Yeah, I was just using an example of a time when Susan did seem happy with the blonde hair (even if it was brief). But I also agree to the possibility of a Heidi like personality shift due to the change, but that shift would have to have started earlier to make her even accept getting into a swimsuit and sitting on a counter in the video store.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:
12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, I was just using an example of a time when Susan did seem happy with the blonde hair (even if it was brief).

She was also happy here with two-color hair :)

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But I also agree to the possibility of a Heidi like personality shift due to the change, but that shift would have to have started earlier to make her even accept getting into a swimsuit and sitting on a counter in the video store.

I can imagine her getting into swimsuit and sitting on a counter as sort of dare or step in her training with being more comfortable with her body. Although I can't imagine her doing that with anyone except Elliot in the store, or anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Heidi doesn't look anything like Elliot, nor is she supposed to.  She's a separate form, that's the whole point.  But, a pinup of Heidi can look like Heidi or not look like Heidi, just like a pinup of Susan can no longer look like Susan.

If something is described as a pinup of a character I love, I want that pinup to still look like that character, even if there are modifiactions applied.  When the body is so different it looks nothing like that character any more, then it's not a pinup of that character, it's a pinup of an unrelated cheesecake figure.  Which is fine to make in general, but I'd rather it not be described as being the character when it no longer is.

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Heidi doesn't look anything like Elliot, nor is she supposed to.  She's a separate form, that's the whole point.

So that's "no". Ok. Argument withdrawn.

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Heidi doesn't look anything like Elliot, nor is she supposed to.  She's a separate form, that's the whole point.  But, a pinup of Heidi can look like Heidi or not look like Heidi, just like a pinup of Susan can no longer look like Susan.

If something is described as a pinup of a character I love, I want that pinup to still look like that character, even if there are modifiactions applied.  When the body is so different it looks nothing like that character any more, then it's not a pinup of that character, it's a pinup of an unrelated cheesecake figure.  Which is fine to make in general, but I'd rather it not be described as being the character when it no longer is.

Agreed.  I have to tell myself that the girl in this pinup is Susan.  She doesn't even really look like Diane. 

The "Return to Comicon" pinups were much easier for me to accept as Sarah and Susan despite the changes.

5 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Agreed.  I have to tell myself that the girl in this pinup is Susan.  She doesn't even really look like Diane. 

Well I must agree that without the text I wouldn't recognize her either. It's just that it's not first time that happened.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
12 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Well I must agree that without the text I wouldn't recognize her either.

On the other hand the over sexualized version of Susan and Elliot are recognizable as them, which is why I like them more.  Other than the lip stick.  The more I think about that the more I'm a bit weirded out by it.

Just now, mlooney said:

On the other hand the over sexualized version of Susan and Elliot are recognizable as them, which is why I like them more.  Other than the lip stick.  The more I think about that the more I'm a bit weirded out by it.

I wasn't going to complain about lipstick twice on two separate threats but since you brought it up...

Yeah.  It makes the girl harder to recognize as Susan.

Just now, Vorlonagent said:

I wasn't going to complain about lipstick twice on two separate threats but since you brought it up...

Yeah.  It makes the girl harder to recognize as Susan.

Soooo, the lipstick has something common with Clark Kent's glasses?

Just now, hkmaly said:

For the special case of EGS characters, apparently...

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's an in-obvious accessible focus to their disguise skill.  If I recall the value right, that makes it a 1/2 limitation, which, baring any other limitations or advantages, cuts the price of the skill in half.

Why is it the I end up thinking in the Hero System terms for EGS, and for EGS alone, when my primary two table top game engines are the Traveller based 2d6 engine or the d20 engine?  There is a study to be had in there some place.

16 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

For the special case of EGS characters, apparently...

No, special is the lipstick. I mean, it's special kind of lipstick Susan is using here.

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Why is it the I end up thinking in the Hero System terms for EGS, and for EGS alone, when my primary two table top game engines are the Traveller based 2d6 engine or the d20 engine?  There is a study to be had in there some place.

Remember, Uryuoms can pass as humans in EGS just by wearing a shirt that says they're human.

Just now, Scotty said:

Remember, Uryuoms can pass as humans in EGS just by wearing a shirt that says they're human.

Again, IAF on disguise skill, which the Uryuoms have an grossly unreasonable level, so they need something to cut the cost down.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Again, IAF on disguise skill, which the Uryuoms have an grossly unreasonable level, so they need something to cut the cost down.

Edward might also have something to do with it too.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
21 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Edward might also have something to do with it too.

So the tee shirts are an IAF on his disguise skill that has the modifiers of "effects others", "area effect","always on"' and "zero endurance cost".   He needs those shirts, that combo makes it a rather expensive power.

Just now, mlooney said:

So the tee shirts are an IAF on his disguise skill that has the modifiers of "effects others", "area effect","always on"' and "zero endurance cost".   He needs those shirts, that combo makes it a rather expensive power.

In Heavy Gear, characters have a skill level which indicates the character's experience using the skill, and then there's complexity level which indicates the level of knowledge a character has for a particular skill, so in terms of Disguise; complexity 1 would equal putting on a pair of sunglasses and a hat. Complexity 2 would add in cutting your hair/shaving/putting on basic makeup, 3 would be wigs, padding in clothes, 4 would be "Mrs Doubtfire" level Hollywood makeup. And if you want "Face Off" level disguises, you'd need complexity 5 in disguise PLUS I think it was at least complexity 3 in Medicine because cosmetic surgery.