• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

More Speculation.

It's entirely possible that Tedd's ability is independent of the rules Magic sets for itself. 

Then it occurred to me: Could it be that all magical aptitudes are independent of the rules Magic is using? 

It makes some sense.  Regardless of Magic's rules Susan ought still be advantaged when it comes to making stuff out of magic.  This is not the same thing as saying she would keep her spells or "magic user" status through a rules change.  Just that her innate magical talent shouldn't disappear.

From Pandora's conversation with Disco Wizard we learned that on a previous occasion when the Will of Magic changed the rules, an entire army of fire-mages lost the ability to throw fire.

So it's reasonable to think that, in the event of another rule change, the large majority of existing magic-users (within the scope of the rule-change... whatever that scope may be) will lose their ability to do magic. After all, it would hardly serve to keep magic rare if, in response to a great many people knowing how to do magic, the rules changed in a way that left THE SAME great many people still knowing how to do magic.

VorlonAgent may be right about affinities. Susan might be better suited than most to gain object-summoning abilities rather similar to her current ones. But there's no reason to think she would keep those abilities through the change. Of course, it's also entirely possible that under the new system, whatever it is about her that creates that affinity will instead create an affinity to, oh, healing spells (just to pick something at random).

Just now, Don Edwards said:

VorlonAgent may be right about affinities. Susan might be better suited than most to gain object-summoning abilities rather similar to her current ones. But there's no reason to think she would keep those abilities through the change. Of course, it's also entirely possible that under the new system, whatever it is about her that creates that affinity will instead create an affinity to, oh, healing spells (just to pick something at random).

I think the kind of affinities like what Susan, Diane, and Sarah have are something that's engrained in their being, something that's been passed through generations, much like Nanase's family and can't be completely erased, however, a system change would mean having to start over by doing whatever would be required to reawaken or have an Immortal re-mark them which is probably a given considering Pandora "Box" promised to help Sarah get magic even if the system changed.

So I think Susan still have the same vampire hunting affinity, but the question would be whether or not she'd get the same spells she had. The summon magic weapon spell probably has the highest likelyhood, but it might not be the first spell she gets and it might not require keeping the original items in a marked storage container. Getting her fairy spell might again be dependent on the summon magic weapon spell and if there's no storage involved in the new spell then it would be difficult to get Nase or Susy back. The there's the hammer spell which she gained when she had her angst induced awakening over the origin story of the hammers. We're not even sure if Jerry could mark or awaken Susan at this point since his current incarnation is basically still a newborn and likely doesn't have enough power or hasn't relearned the ability to mark or awaken people, but there's still no guarantee that she'd get the same spells because the circumstances of how she got them in the first place aren't there.

So recent talk that brought up Ashley's internet Ex-girlfriend again got me thinking. We have Dan's twitter statement that he knows who she is, we also have the fact that Ashley goes into detail about it during the date, those details give us hints at how old characters were when it happened and the interests of said characters, which is why I figure Tedd is the most likely because it could easily have happened before he got a hold of the TFG and being interested in transformation for a while would have been motivation to want to work on the TFG as well. We know that Tedd spent a number of years prior to the TFG being very shy and quiet to the point where everyone thought he was mute, but having access to the internet would have allowed him to be more expressive, especially if he found someone in a chatroom or forum that had the same interests. There's probably no argument that Tedd being genderfluid goes back years before the comic starts so even though Tedd didn't realize that transgender and genderfluidity were real, he could still have had those feelings back then and expressed himself as female online because it was safe and no one could judge him.

If Tedd isn't Ashley's Ex, I still think it's someone we know. I think if it was supposed to be obvious, Dan would have made it obvious, but I think if he didn't want it to be obvious, he'd still leave breadcrumbs that he can later use to say "here are examples to show why I made it this character". With that in mind, I'm looking at character development and personality and the first that comes to mind would be Sarah. We know she's been interested in transformation ever since she saw Sword in the Stone. So that fits with the shared interest part, however it does seem like Sarah's questioning of her possible bisexuality is a very recent thing so that makes it hard to see Sarah ever considering dating girls prior to the comic start.

The next would be Nanase, she's the only main character that would have been around back then that's a lesbian, however considering how much she was in denial about it in the first few years of the comic, I don't see her having secret relationships with females when she was younger, I also consider her interest in transformation to be a recent development with spending more time with Tedd. So I don't think she's a likely candidate either.

Susan...we know that she had a broad hatred for men for a long time, and we saw her consider dating females early on and even tried to enlist Ellen's help in that. But transformation doesn't seem to be of much interest to her and even her considering being a lesbian seemed to be a development within the comic and not something she had been thinking about for years.

Here's where I might expect pitchforks and torches, Diane. Yes for pretty much her entire time in the comic shows her taking advantage of the male population of MSHS, there are some hints that support her possibly being Ashley's ex. Diane's interest in magic, she thinks it's soo cool, that interest can translate into an interest in transformation as well. As to Diane's sexual preference, she takes advantage of men's attraction to her, but she's never seen getting physical with them. Her interaction with Rhoda seems strange to me, Rhoda's inclusion in the group seemed very odd, Diane early on always came off as being the Alpha Female of the group, Lucy I could see fitting in with that, but Rhoda never did, and yet for some reason Diane let her hang out with them and even goes out of her way to defend and help Rhoda through situations, I don't think Diane had ever tried to mold Rhoda to be like her and Lucy though I do get the feeling Lucy wished she did. I think Diane is quite fond of Rhoda and is just afraid to admit it. This is the same with Diane's behaviour around Nanase, she's always held Nanase in high regard as evidence by her attempts to get Nanase to join her group. Diane having such a view of Nanase probably also stems from seeing Nanase using magic around school so of course Diane would think Nanase's soo cool but is still afraid to just come out and admit it. It's a stretch, but there's been soo many similarities between Susan and Diane that even if they aren't sisters, I still wouldn't be surprised if Diane was bisexual (yeah I know, Susan considering dating females doesn't necessarily make her bisexual) but if Diane has had an interest in magic and transformations for years, if she found someone online that shared that interest, a relationship could have formed.

Just now, HarJIT said:

TuningFork659Hz.jpgBlack_flashlight.jpg

So, I did a google image search on pitchfork, and only saw 1 example of that particular type among a sea of garden/farm tools and the occasional bike part. So I can still try to correct you and say that's actually a tuning fork. :P

7 hours ago, HarJIT said:

TuningFork659Hz.jpgBlack_flashlight.jpg

Visual puns count.  On the list with a freaking notation.

3 packet.  At least one either in your nose or in your left eye.

So... maybe Liz's power is to make enchantments semi-permanent?  It'd fit with her monologue, and complement the current situation with Kitty and (Felix)...

One of the spells Pandora rejected giving Ashley was reducing pain.  Based on the commentary, it was more of a Throw It In last minute thought on Dan's part, but it still seems like the sort of thing a good writer could pick up on later.  I can foresee some future plot where Tedd is hurt, or greatly upset by one of his friends being hurt, and Pandora either regrets not giving Ashley the ability to help them, or discovering that her desire to help them makes her able to get a more powerful spell than she would have gotten back in October.  Pandora might be out in the open about things by then, and just plain offer Ashley the mark at that point, or she might mark her unknowing with the assumption/hope that the circumstances would lead Ashley to use her new powers sooner rather than later.

11 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I can foresee some future plot... and Pandora either regrets not giving Ashley the ability to help them, or discovering that her desire to help them makes her able to get a more powerful spell than she would have gotten back in October.

Unfortunately, her current attention to the magic reset threat will probably keep her from dwelling on things like the people she did not mark.

In fact her Modus Operandi for centuries has been "guiding and empowering" people in ways that will spread silliness and discord.  I believe Pandora would be in a psychological crisis that could only result in her own reset if she begins regretting the things she didn't do that would reduce suffering or spread joy among mundane humans

16 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

One of the spells Pandora rejected giving Ashley was reducing pain.  Based on the commentary, it was more of a Throw It In last minute thought on Dan's part, but it still seems like the sort of thing a good writer could pick up on later.  I can foresee some future plot where Tedd is hurt, or greatly upset by one of his friends being hurt, and Pandora either regrets not giving Ashley the ability to help them, or discovering that her desire to help them makes her able to get a more powerful spell than she would have gotten back in October.  Pandora might be out in the open about things by then, and just plain offer Ashley the mark at that point, or she might mark her unknowing with the assumption/hope that the circumstances would lead Ashley to use her new powers sooner rather than later.

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=503

On the subject of Elliot, Magus and Pandora. Back when Pandora was first helping Magus in his attempts to get his body back by having Ellen zap Elliot, we all thought Pandora was an insanely bored Immortal that didn't care who got hurt as long as the results were something she didn't expect. Even after she ended her partnership with Magus for refusing to kill the man that hurt her son and then announced that she was going to "destroy the world" we thought she was twisted, which seemed to be confirmed by Jerry's mention of the 200 year suggestion and that the older Immortals got, the more bored and insane they were which would result in bad things happening, we thought Pandora was such an Immortal who was on the verge of insanity with catastrophic results.

New and Old Flames suggested that she was carrying out her promise and we thought she was responsible for nearly killing Elliot and Noah and while she was never seen, we assumed she was responsible for Justin's mark as well as Rhoda's mark later in Death Sentence. We didn't see her again until Squirrel Prophet which was when her behaviour started to make us question whether or not see was really insane, she was a child when viewing Sarah, but then an adult seemingly guarding Tedd. It was then revealed that she considered Tedd her Grand Godson who then gave Tedd a mark out of kindness though her reaction to the result didn't really help on the question of sanity, her behaviour towards Sarah in Question Mark didn't help her case much either.

Now we're at Sister 3 and everything we thought we knew about Pandora was thrown out the window. The question of her sanity is not as severe as was implied, she's certainly capable of keeping herself together. Sure she was getting bored and looking for things to do, but it's apparent that she aside from killing Abraham, she didn't intend on anyone getting harmed by her shenanigans, and that she wasn't responsible for Elliot and Noah's near death experiences. She was certainly responsible for Justin's mark, but I'm not so sure about Dex's anymore, Pandora has no knowledge of what happened during that timeframe. And to top it off, Adrian hit a nerve that set Pandora on track to redemption.

But anyway, the main points are, her reaction to when she learned of Elliot's brush with death against Tara due to another Immortal's meddling gives a strong indication that Pandora cares about the well-being of those close to Tedd, so that makes me question her intentions with Magus. Did she intend on actually helping Magus use Elliot to get back to the physical plane? She must have felt that the plan would not harm Elliot in the long run or else she wouldn't have suggested it, right? The plan would have to have been to get Magus into Elliot, then then touch the diamond to separate, Elliot would be fine and Magus would have a physical body again, if that didn't work and Elliot died or the diamond couldn't separate them leaving Magus in control of Elliot's body, Tedd would have lost his best friend and be devastated which would not be something Pandora wants. So she must be sure it would work or else not risk hurting her Grand Godson just to be entertained.

I'm thinking that whatever happens when "hell rains down on Moperville" Pandora may end up helping ensure Magus gets his body back, probably by just coming out and telling Elliot to let Ellen zap him and then take them to the diamond to separate Magus in the quickest way possible so that everyone is happy. Or maybe she can get Magus his body back without needing Elliot and the diamond. It would make sense for her to do so because if Magus happens to fail again, who knows what could happen later, Elliot could be in greater danger if Magus gets even more desperate, and I don't think Pandora would want to risk it because of what Elliot means to Tedd.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

so that makes me question her intentions with Magus. Did she intend on actually helping Magus use Elliot to get back to the physical plane? She must have felt that the plan would not harm Elliot in the long run or else she wouldn't have suggested it, right? The plan would have to have been to get Magus into Elliot, then then touch the diamond to separate, Elliot would be fine and Magus would have a physical body again, if that didn't work and Elliot died or the diamond couldn't separate them leaving Magus in control of Elliot's body, Tedd would have lost his best friend and be devastated which would not be something Pandora wants. So she must be sure it would work or else not risk hurting her Grand Godson just to be entertained.

There is also possibility that helping Magus has some much more important reason than just having fun (although Magus must never realize it) so some risk is worth it. That would also explain why in her tantrum she still didn't killed him - I find unlikely she wouldn't be able to. But even then, she must be assuming very good chance of recovering Elliot.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm thinking that whatever happens when "hell rains down on Moperville" Pandora may end up helping ensure Magus gets his body back, probably by just coming out and telling Elliot to let Ellen zap him and then take them to the diamond to separate Magus in the quickest way possible so that everyone is happy. Or maybe she can get Magus his body back without needing Elliot and the diamond. It would make sense for her to do so because if Magus happens to fail again, who knows what could happen later, Elliot could be in greater danger if Magus gets even more desperate, and I don't think Pandora would want to risk it because of what Elliot means to Tedd.

So, Pandora will help Magus and Magus will be like "why didn't you do it before"? Nah.

This is hard to predict, because Pandora MIGHT just forgot about Magus, assuming he wouldn't do anything until she will have time to play with him again ... OR she can be still manipulating him and Voltaire is only one who she didn't predicted. Or anything between.

I would definitely assume that if Magus appears, she will manipulate him somehow. Which may result in helping him getting Elliot's body, possible with Ellen's knowledge but not Magus knowledge.

And IF Magus will get Elliot's body, she would DEFINITELY make sure he will get to the diamond.

I've long thought that if Magus ever gets the chance to explain his situation, the gang would be happy to help him.  I can even see Mr. Verres getting them access to the Dewitchery Diamond for that very purpose.  Most likely that either won't happen until after the main story is over, and Magus has helped them in some way (thinking he was sacrificing his chance at getting home by doing it), or it will come when they think it's all over, and someone will then either (try to) take over Magus's new body or have some other nefarious use for the DD that they were just waiting for it to be brought back out of wherever it is now to get to it.

Hmm, if they do get Magus a new body with the DD, I wonder what ability Elliot will gain?

Just now, hkmaly said:

So, Pandora will help Magus and Magus will be like "why didn't you do it before"? Nah.

Immortals are known for meddling with the affairs of mortals for their own enjoyment, Magus must have known that Pandora would not directly tell him what to do even though it frustrated him greatly that she wouldn't. He was certain Helena and Demetrius wouldn't help him but we don't exactly know why he believes that, there might have been a misunderstanding somewhere, maybe their vow to protect Elliot  made them consider Magus a threat to that vow regardless of the fact that the plan to get his physical form back was safe. Magus didn't even attempt to find any other Immortal because he didn't trust any of them to not give him the same treatment Pandora did, which is probably good because I can only imagine what could have happened if the next Immortal he asked for help turned out to be Voltaire.

Pandora seems very much focused on making things right again, removing the energy clog, vowing to help Sarah get magic regardless of whether magic changes or not, realizing that what she'd been doing for the past year at least has been doing more harm than good, and finding out what Tedd is. Yeah Magus has reason to be upset, but Pandora has plenty of reason to not jerk him around anymore, the longer Magus is stuck in the Immortal realm, the more desperate he'll become, and the more dangerous his attempts could get as evidenced by his dark allegiance with Sirleck.  Pandora would have to be aware of that if not now then soon when crap hits the fan, she'll have to realize "I gave Magus the idea for getting his body back, I introduced him to Sirleck, I put Tedd's friends in danger."

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I've long thought that if Magus ever gets the chance to explain his situation, the gang would be happy to help him.  I can even see Mr. Verres getting them access to the Dewitchery Diamond for that very purpose.  Most likely that either won't happen until after the main story is over, and Magus has helped them in some way (thinking he was sacrificing his chance at getting home by doing it), or it will come when they think it's all over, and someone will then either (try to) take over Magus's new body or have some other nefarious use for the DD that they were just waiting for it to be brought back out of wherever it is now to get to it.

After the main story is over? Which main story, Lord Tedd one? There are obviously more stories "in play", and we can't be completely sure what will be part of "current" story and what is being prepared for the next one. It is possible Magus will be somehow connected to the magic reset story, OR he will be the story after that, OR he will be solved BEFORE the magic reset story finale.

Sure, the story arc name "Sister 3" combined with what the previous "Sister" stories were about suggests Magus will be involved, but that may be misdirection. In fact, this story arc already has more parts than any else (previous record was Bringing Silly Back) and doesn't seem to actually involve any sisters except Diane and Susan and those only lightly, so we might overestimated how important the title would be.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

He was certain Helena and Demetrius wouldn't help him but we don't exactly know why he believes that, there might have been a misunderstanding somewhere, maybe their vow to protect Elliot  made them consider Magus a threat to that vow regardless of the fact that the plan to get his physical form back was safe.

There is speculation he knew them from before their reset.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah Magus has reason to be upset, but Pandora has plenty of reason to not jerk him around anymore, the longer Magus is stuck in the Immortal realm, the more desperate he'll become, and the more dangerous his attempts could get as evidenced by his dark allegiance with Sirleck.  Pandora would have to be aware of that if not now then soon when crap hits the fan, she'll have to realize "I gave Magus the idea for getting his body back, I introduced him to Sirleck, I put Tedd's friends in danger."

Yeah ... she might realize she made mistake. But then what? Reward him for how much problems he caused? ... Wait. Actually that may work. With how she presented herself to Magus, she can totally give him more help out of fear he will became worse problem AND claim to him she's rewarding him for what he did. Rewarding bad behaviour is generally bad idea, but Magus seem to realize he shouldn't be doing this and praise from Pandora will likely make him regret it even more.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Sure, the story arc name "Sister 3" combined with what the previous "Sister" stories were about suggests Magus will be involved, but that may be misdirection. In fact, this story arc already has more parts than any else (previous record was Bringing Silly Back) and doesn't seem to actually involve any sisters except Diane and Susan and those only lightly, so we might overestimated how important the title would be.

Magus is most certainly involved in Sister 3, and judging by his dialog, he's regretting his partnership with Sirleck, well he never liked having to ask Sirleck for help anyway, but he certainly has to be thinking "what am I doing with this thing!?!". Yeah, Sirleck says it's Magus' plan, but I'm thinking Magus didn't expect Sirleck to go to this extreme. Something tells me that Magus may do something to try to make things right again even if it means possibly not being able to get his physical body back, but I still think things will work out for him.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There is speculation he knew them from before their reset.

Yeah but none of us knows much about them before their reset beyond the fact that they gave Nanase and Susan magic, and that was it, it'd be nice to know more about that and how Magus knew. Then again, Pandora could have easily just told him; "Fair warning, Elliot's guarded by two other Immortals, they shouldn't be too difficult to deal with though since they were recently forced to reset and should be very disoriented".

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah ... she might realize she made mistake. But then what? Reward him for how much problems he caused? ... Wait. Actually that may work. With how she presented herself to Magus, she can totally give him more help out of fear he will became worse problem AND claim to him she's rewarding him for what he did. Rewarding bad behaviour is generally bad idea, but Magus seem to realize he shouldn't be doing this and praise from Pandora will likely make him regret it even more.

She could just apologize for giving him the runaround? And she probably has the ability to make it easy for him to get a physical body without making anyone jump through hoops.

The other thing I'm thinking, is with everything Pandora had gone through in this arc and what she's doing, it seems possible that by the end of Sister 3, Pandora may reset, either by her own choice, or forced to reset by the other Immortals. It would be fitting if she fixed as many of the things she's done first.

On 04/12/2017 at 1:57 AM, Scotty said:
On 04/12/2017 at 1:31 AM, hkmaly said:

Magus is most certainly involved in Sister 3, and judging by his dialog, he's regretting his partnership with Sirleck, well he never liked having to ask Sirleck for help anyway, but he certainly has to be thinking "what am I doing with this thing!?!". Yeah, Sirleck says it's Magus' plan, but I'm thinking Magus didn't expect Sirleck to go to this extreme. Something tells me that Magus may do something to try to make things right again even if it means possibly not being able to get his physical body back, but I still think things will work out for him.

Right, he already appeared. But he didn't get near Elliot yet and while we expect that, it may be postponed to Sister 4.

She could just apologize for giving him the runaround?

Destroying her image like that? Unlikely.

And she probably has the ability to make it easy for him to get a physical body without making anyone jump through hoops.

She may not. Immortals are limited on physical plane both by not actually being so powerful on it AND the fairy laws. Magus is not under fairy laws protection, but the body would be.

The other thing I'm thinking, is with everything Pandora had gone through in this arc and what she's doing, it seems possible that by the end of Sister 3, Pandora may reset, either by her own choice, or forced to reset by the other Immortals.

I think that Pandora reseting by her choice would be pretty big story line on its own, would be bad idea to stuffing it into Sister 3 and she may also not have enough time for it.

Her being force-reset because she decides to fix (or "fix") something even if it means breaking immortal law AND dealing with her after-reset later would be possible, yes ...

It would be fitting if she fixed as many of the things she's done first.

I don't think they manage to unclog the clog before the vampire attack ... on the other hand, with Sister 3 starting with Pandora's backstory, maybe it will still fit into it? Hmmm ...

I really find weird that Dan would suddenly deliberately made story arc which is already longest and still feels like being in first half.

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Right, he already appeared. But he didn't get near Elliot yet and while we expect that, it may be postponed to Sister 4.

I honestly hope there isn't a Sister 4. It really seems like Dan's trying to wrap up long standing plotlines like the energy clog and Magus deal. At the very least I can accept Sister 3 being a shift in focus and if there's a Sister 4, it'd be more about Susan and Diane rather than Elliot an Ellen especially since I don't think we'll learn the truth about Susan and Diane in this arc. But that's probably just me speculating.

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think she started destroying her image when she confessed to Sarah that she was responsible for the clog, needed help to fix it, and vowed to help Sarah with Magic regardless of the outcome. Adrian's question about what would Blaike think of her now was a real kick in the pants (figuratively) for Pandora, I really think she's going to be careful about what she does...with the exception of how she deals with SIrleck and Voltaire, but I do think Magus will reach a point where he just can't let SIrleck continue with this plan and try to stop him, It's apparent that Magus doesn't know that Sirleck was misinformed about Adrian and that he's targeted Adrian for the vampires, Magus knows Adrian is Pandora's son and I don't think he'd let Sirleck go through with it because of the backlash he'd get from Pandora.

Sure Pandora was wrong with how she treated Magus when he refused to make Edward kill Abraham, and it's apparently clouded his judgment, but even he must have some idea of the kind of backlash he'd receive from her if she found he was responsible for Adrian being harmed, he can't be that desperate to allow Sirleck to go through with a plan like that if he knew.

43 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I really find weird that Dan would suddenly deliberately made story arc which is already longest and still feels like being in first half.

While Sister 3 has the most parts out of every other multi-part arc. It's still far from being the longest arc, Sister 3 has only been going for 9 months now, Sister 2 went 21 months and is I think the current record holder.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think she started destroying her image when she confessed to Sarah that she was responsible for the clog, needed help to fix it, and vowed to help Sarah with Magic regardless of the outcome. Adrian's question about what would Blaike think of her now was a real kick in the pants (figuratively) for Pandora, I really think she's going to be careful about what she does...with the exception of how she deals with SIrleck and Voltaire, but I do think Magus will reach a point where he just can't let SIrleck continue with this plan and try to stop him, It's apparent that Magus doesn't know that Sirleck was misinformed about Adrian and that he's targeted Adrian for the vampires, Magus knows Adrian is Pandora's son and I don't think he'd let Sirleck go through with it because of the backlash he'd get from Pandora.

Sure Pandora was wrong with how she treated Magus when he refused to make Edward kill Abraham, and it's apparently clouded his judgment, but even he must have some idea of the kind of backlash he'd receive from her if she found he was responsible for Adrian being harmed, he can't be that desperate to allow Sirleck to go through with a plan like that if he knew.

Pandora has underwent a lot of Villain Decay.  It's why I floated the idea that Voltaire could have been that hardcore villain side of her split off and incarnated as a separate being unbeknownst to Pandora herself.

Think of it as "conservation of villainy"..

On 4/13/2017 at 6:19 PM, hkmaly said:

Nah, Sister 4's gonna be about meeting Second Life Ellen. Or maybe Beta Ellen. Wait, does that mean we need a Sister 5?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Nah, Sister 4's gonna be about meeting Second Life Ellen. Or maybe Beta Ellen. Wait, does that mean we need a Sister 5?

I think any story arc where we see the return of Beta Ellen would likely be related to Lord Tedd and would be more of a Tedd and Grace centered story arc rather than Elliot and Ellen, so I doubt it would be a Sister arc.

As for second life Ellen, I don't know really expect to see her again. Of course I could be wrong, but the whole point of the second life was so that Ellen and Kaoli would experience growing up with new memories rather than just having memories of Elliot and Nioi, and the expectation there is that one day Ellen would get to meet Kaoli for real, which again lends me to think this would happen as part of a Lord Tedd arc.

If there is another Sister arc, it won't be because Magus fails to Ellen to zap Elliot and he has to try a different plan, I really do get the feeling that this arc has been building to a last chance at freedom for Magus, either he succeeds, or failure kills him. Another Sister arc would likely then focus on Susan and Diane, rather than Elliot and Ellen.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
On 04/14/2017 at 3:19 AM, hkmaly said:

So far, one-seventh of the story arcs was Sisters. If this ratio will change in future, I suppose it will be in the "more Sister arcs" direction.

On 04/14/2017 at 4:09 AM, Scotty said:

I think she started destroying her image when she confessed to Sarah that she was responsible for the clog, needed help to fix it, and vowed to help Sarah with Magic regardless of the outcome.

Why do you think she introduced herself as "Box" to Sarah?

On 04/14/2017 at 4:09 AM, Scotty said:

While Sister 3 has the most parts out of every other multi-part arc. It's still far from being the longest arc, Sister 3 has only been going for 9 months now, Sister 2 went 21 months and is I think the current record holder.

Sure not in real time length, but Sister II only had 133 pages, Sister III started on ID 2210 and is already on 2337 (and I don't think there were any gaps), making it 127 ... of course, Pandora's Box is 385 pages, so yes, it's only longest in terms of number of storylines.

(Damn I need better statistics.)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

If there is another Sister arc, it won't be because Magus fails to Ellen to zap Elliot and he has to try a different plan, I really do get the feeling that this arc has been building to a last chance at freedom for Magus, either he succeeds, or failure kills him. Another Sister arc would likely then focus on Susan and Diane, rather than Elliot and Ellen.

While I'm not entirely convinced Magus will finish in this arc, I do agree that not all Sister arc would involve Magus. It's just that considering the amount of "Sisters" we speculated about when this arc started suggests that having Sisters arc from time to time would be too good opportunity to miss.

31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Why do you think she introduced herself as "Box" to Sarah?

At the time, I think she figured she had an opportunity to start fresh, she admitted to us that she liked Sarah and her vow sounded like she wasn't going to make Sarah jump through hoops to learn magic, her training might be closer to how Pandora trained Adrian (though maybe not as harsh). Though she still sounded like she might still want to play around in general.

Choosing "Box" over "Pandora Chaos Raven" is because "Pandora Chaos Raven" holds a different meaning, "Pandora" obviously was because no one got the reference when she tried going by "Box" before, "Raven" has sentimental value in her memories of Blaike and it's a connection to Adrian that she might not want Sarah to learn about yet, if she told Grace the Immortal helping her was named Raven, Grace would likely tell Adrian, Chaos actually seems to be the name given by Magus because Pandora refused to tell him her name, but she of course added it to the list.

Of course after Pandora's discussion with Adrian, she's become more aware of what she's been doing over the years and this will likely have an effect on how she behaves around Sarah, also Pandora might now consider resetting to avoid letting herself be consumed by boredom again and make more mistakes while training Sarah