• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

More Speculation.

A while back Dan tweeted with a tease about an EGS villain he considered really evil. Today he tweeted again with this:

We're currently speculating that Sirleck is who's behind the vampires organizing in Moperville as part of Magus' request to distract Helena and Demetrius. We also have a feeling that Sirleck's planning on double crossing Magus once Magus has possessed Elliot's body. Sounds pretty evil there.

Aside from Sirleck, who else would fit the bill of being evil?

Some may jump to Lord Tedd, considering Beta Tedd's warning that Lord Tedd is trying to kill all other Tedds, but there's evidence that contradicts this, like our actual view of Lord Tedd and what Nioi says about "...he is corrupting you". The fact the Nioi came to the EGS main universe looking for Dr. Scuiridae hoping he'd "know how to defeat him" strongly implies that it's General Shade tail that's the evil one in this scenario manipulating Lord Tedd.

Pandora is crazy yes, for reasons probably to do with Adrian she's not bothered to reset herself in many centuries, that doesn't necessarily make her evil. Chaotic Neutral would be more fitting.

Magus himself doesn't come across as evil, likely the victim of some other plot in his universe. His interaction with Terra comes across as magic sparring practice (similar to Nanase and Elliot's AMSA sparring) gone wrong. So he's stuck in limbo and desperately trying to get back.

That Ancient we know as Colonel Sanders is still pretty mysterious, nothing is know about his motivations and whether he's actually affiliated with anyone, he apparently knows of Pandora but there's been nothing to suggest he's with or against her or just taking advantage of the situation for his own fun. His behaviour in trying to incite violence strongly suggests he's evil but there may be more to him that we don't know about.

I'm in the Sirleck corner for this particular case, but who know, all these plot threads could very well be connected to one particular villain that we either already know of, or Dan hasn't revealed yet and he's just teasing us. ;)

Am I the only person who calls out latest interfering immortal "Floating Elf Lucifer"?

Why that name?  Because he's a light-bringer, and was called a floating elf Jesus, but does not appear at-all christlike.

... that being said, he probably isn't an elf.

Honestly the most truly evil thing I can think of in the comic that we've seen is Damien. The only things that come close are the abominations / vampires...so I guess I'm in the Sirleck camp. (Though truthfully that tweet looks like a joke to me. "So EEEVIIIILLLL ~pinky~ One MILLION dollars! Ahahaha ~pinky~")

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

A while back Dan tweeted with a tease about an EGS villain he considered really evil. Today he tweeted again with this:

We're currently speculating that Sirleck is who's behind the vampires organizing in Moperville as part of Magus' request to distract Helena and Demetrius. We also have a feeling that Sirleck's planning on double crossing Magus once Magus has possessed Elliot's body. Sounds pretty evil there.

Aside from Sirleck, who else would fit the bill of being evil?

Some may jump to Lord Tedd, considering Beta Tedd's warning that Lord Tedd is trying to kill all other Tedds, but there's evidence that contradicts this, like our actual view of Lord Tedd and what Nioi says about "...he is corrupting you". The fact the Nioi came to the EGS main universe looking for Dr. Scuiridae hoping he'd "know how to defeat him" strongly implies that it's General Shade tail that's the evil one in this scenario manipulating Lord Tedd.

Pandora is crazy yes, for reasons probably to do with Adrian she's not bothered to reset herself in many centuries, that doesn't necessarily make her evil. Chaotic Neutral would be more fitting.

Magus himself doesn't come across as evil, likely the victim of some other plot in his universe. His interaction with Terra comes across as magic sparring practice (similar to Nanase and Elliot's AMSA sparring) gone wrong. So he's stuck in limbo and desperately trying to get back.

That Ancient we know as Colonel Sanders is still pretty mysterious, nothing is know about his motivations and whether he's actually affiliated with anyone, he apparently knows of Pandora but there's been nothing to suggest he's with or against her or just taking advantage of the situation for his own fun. His behaviour in trying to incite violence strongly suggests he's evil but there may be more to him that we don't know about.

I'm in the Sirleck corner for this particular case, but who know, all these plot threads could very well be connected to one particular villain that we either already know of, or Dan hasn't revealed yet and he's just teasing us. ;)

I doubt it's Pandora, she was observing Sarah during the time the griffin thing was happening.

8 hours ago, HarJIT said:

Am I the only person who calls out latest interfering immortal "Floating Elf Lucifer"?

Why that name?  Because he's a light-bringer, and was called a floating elf Jesus, but does not appear at-all christlike.

... that being said, he probably isn't an elf.

I thought forum consensus was that we are calling him Colonel Cheshire?

I can't help but wonder if the griffon situation, and the accident that trapped Magus aren't related? They're both situations that took a turn for the worse thanks to apparent 3rd party interference, and it's long since been established that Magus needs Eliot to one degree or another. Someone who wants to mess with Magus going after Eliot would make sense.

From the commentary for April 1st's story page:

Anyway, I'm sure there aren't any plot twists remaining in this storyline and that none of this is building up to a story arc with a number in it or anything.

From that I'm pretty certain we should expect at least 1 plot twist left before the end. Possibly the reveal of the one who's EVIL? If it is Sirleck, then the "story arc with a number in it" could be a "T-Minus" arc? Maybe that will occur when the main eight and the griffons meet again?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe that will occur when the main eight and the griffons meet again?

Thunder and lightning
Enter Meddling Kids

When shall we all meet again
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
When the hurlyburly's done
When the battle's lost and won.
That will be ere the set of sun
Where the place?
Upon the heath.
There to meet with Macbeth

Just had an epiphany about Helena and Demetrius' role in this story. Way back in "In the Shadows" we see Edward, Wolf and Cranium discussing their investigation into the disturbance in the forest and getting that warning from Pandora about the "Egg", they didn't get any more information about it so Edward takes them off the case and states his intent to "enlist the assistance of some friends"  following it up with "let's just say there's a reason I know so much about Immortals".  Remember how Jerry said that Edward was a VIP in the world of the paranormal.

I've stated my belief that Helena and Demetrius have been following Elliot around because they were asked to, it's also been very strongly implied that Magus is the "Egg" that Pandora mentioned, and Magus knew that Helena and Demetrius had an improper death. I'm now thinking that Helena and Demetrius are the "friends" that Edward spoke of, they would be better suited to investigate the activity of another Immortal and if they did uncover anything important, their improper deaths might have been caused by Pandora to prevent them from reporting that back to Edward. Part of that info would have been the plan to use Elliot to get Magus back into the mortal plane but their memory only just mentions "blah blah follow blah blah Elliot blah" so they just assume that he needs to be watched but not sure why.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

I've stated my belief that Helena and Demetrius have been following Elliot around because they were asked to

Which raises the question of WHO asked them to and WHY that person thought it was a good use of the time of not one Immortal, but two. With a good enough reason to convince said immortals of it as well.

That's why I said Edward is very likely the one that did so, he's well known to Immortals and has probably helped them on numerous occasions so there are probably several that would return the favor if asked.

27 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I have to question the idea of a single immortal forcibly resetting them though. Pandora is powerful, sure, but is she that powerful? 

Before finding out about the mechanics behind how the magic energy excess works, I'd have assumed yes since the magic energy had to come from somewhere. Before the griffins explained it, I assumed the excess was coming from her.

Now that Andrea explained otherwise, I have to rethink what Pandora's power levels are.

Pandora would have to be pretty powerful to block a nexus point between the to halves of the world. Also if Helena and Demetrius were close to needing to reset (Jerry was 208 so I'm guessing there's some leeway to the reset at 200 rule but probably a point where they're like "Ok we really should get it over with.") They were probably like "we'll save what we know and then get back to Edward". They could have been more vulnerable to an attack from Pandora, or as I said before, the reset might have been interrupted by them going to France to help Nanase and Susan. Magus entering the spirit realm and DGB's meeting about it happened a few months before the France trip so there's plenty of time for Edward to recruit Helena and Demtrius' aid.

Another possibility would be Helena and Demetrius WERE in the process of resetting when Edward asked their help and they stopped the process. They may only have had a limited time before they improperly died.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also if Helena and Demetrius were close to needing to reset (Jerry was 208 so I'm guessing there's some leeway to the reset at 200 rule but probably a point where they're like "Ok we really should get it over with.")

I doubt that's a factor given Pandora's age.

Pandora is confirmed to be a minimum of 500, (she said herself she's been claiming to be just shy of 300 for centuries. Centuries, plural, so minimum 2.) seems to favor attire that belongs in the medieval ages when appearing in her adult form, which would suggest closer to 1000, and for all we know she's THE Pandora, of greek myth, which would put her at 2800. give or take a century.

If age made them more vulnerable to attack, the advantage should still have been theirs.

I meant being in the process of resetting made them vulnerable, like they're gathering up all their knowledge and undoing any magic stuff they'd done over the years, their guard would be likely be down during this time, and even at the minimum of 500 years, Pandora would be more powerful and quite possibly capable of messing up their reset.

On 4/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, Scotty said:

I meant being in the process of resetting made them vulnerable, like they're gathering up all their knowledge and undoing any magic stuff they'd done over the years, their guard would be likely be down during this time, and even at the minimum of 500 years, Pandora would be more powerful and quite possibly capable of messing up their reset.

Personally I favour the notion of a distraction. They set up their deaths, then discover or are told that someone important to them is in dire trouble. Do nothing or die improperly... the Devil and the deep blue sea...

My own pet theory I want to carry on in the new forum context is that what lead Pandora to go overboard and skip "dying" was that she was deeply in love with a mortal, probably Adrian's father, and couldn't cope with only knowing of him instead of directly remembering him.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but...

a couple times the idea of Elliot distancing himself from being identified as Cheerledra has come up, ad more often than not, the idea of Elliot turning into Cheerledra while someone poses as Elliot gets thrown around, usual focusing on Grace or Tedd mimicking him, yet i don't understand why they haven't gone with the obvious candidate:

Ellen.

She has an ability that would let her copy Cheerledra rather than Elliot eliminating the inherent problem of someone seeing through the 'Elliot disguise' because there won't be one, Elliot will be the real deal, meanwhile she knows Elliot more than well enough to pull off acting exactly like how Cheerledra would. Even better, if her power includes copying secondary abilities, she can "accidently" get caught changing into Heidi after being seen with Elliot which would deflect attention further by making people focus on someone that technically doesn't exist and only a handful of people (Noah, Melissa, Justin, & Carol) have ever met, only one of which knows Heidi is actually Elliot. (Melissa, and presumably Noah know Heidi is an alias & disguise, but as far as I'm aware I don't think they know who's under the disguise.)

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

If he's referring to the one that he said will have Susan in it, I really wonder what it'd be about.

If it's Susan. the worst possible possibility is her dad showing up again.

It could be another hint that the next NP would be about Susan and Diane meeting, but a large part of me feels that something like that is best kept to the main story comics where Dan can get more details on a page.

On 4/15/2016 at 6:05 PM, InfiniteRemnant said:

a couple times the idea of Elliot distancing himself from being identified as Cheerledra has come up, ad more often than not, the idea of Elliot turning into Cheerledra while someone poses as Elliot gets thrown around, usual focusing on Grace or Tedd mimicking him, yet i don't understand why they haven't gone with the obvious candidate:

Ellen.

The same reasons that she stayed female at Grace's birthday party. That and as soon as Elliot is "disproved" suspicion could immediately fall on Ellen who has a similar name, looks similar, lives at the same house, and is the right gender. They need to do it in such a way that Elllen is not suspected either. 

Well, some people have also said that Ellen could copy the Cheerleadra form off Elliot and then Elliot would just be himself, But I'm not sure if that would be a good idea if it has the potential of drawing suspicion onto Ellen.

1 hour ago, Sjmcc13 said:
On 4/15/2016 at 4:05 PM, InfiniteRemnant said:

Ellen.

The same reasons that she stayed female at Grace's birthday party. That and as soon as Elliot is "disproved" suspicion could immediately fall on Ellen who has a similar name, looks similar, lives at the same house, and is the right gender. They need to do it in such a way that Elllen is not suspected either. 

you didn't actually read the other half of that post did you? those issues were addressed.

On 4/15/2016 at 4:05 PM, InfiniteRemnant said:

She has an ability that would let her copy Cheerledra rather than Elliot eliminating the inherent problem of someone seeing through the 'Elliot disguise' because there won't be one, Elliot will be the real deal, meanwhile she knows Elliot more than well enough to pull off acting exactly like how Cheerledra would. Even better, if her power includes copying secondary abilities, she can "accidently" get caught changing into Heidi after being seen with Elliot which would deflect attention further by making people focus on someone that technically doesn't exist and only a handful of people (Noah, Melissa, Justin, & Carol) have ever met, only one of which knows Heidi is actually Elliot. (Melissa, and presumably Noah know Heidi is an alias & disguise, but as far as I'm aware I don't think they know who's under the disguise.)

one: She's not copying Elliot directly, she's copying cheerledra in that scenario. so the 'making her male will cause problems' issue mentioned at the party, wouldn't come up because she's not doing that. and she's previously demonstrated she's okay with copying someone else's super-form if the situation calls for it.

and two: ANYTHING that shifts attention off of Elliot, short of a third party proving they are Cheerledra, is going to draw it to Ellen no-matter what. that's where the "accidentally" getting caught changing into Heidi comes in. even if that doesn't work as part of the copy power, Elliot can do that himself, later.

20 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Okay, wild theory here, or maybe it's the opposite of wild?  Magus has seen enough of Elliot and his friends to know they're good people.  Once he gets zapped into Elliot's body, what if he just comes clean and *tells* them about how he got stranded in a strange dimension, and has been stuck invisibly watching his duplicate there?  He wouldn't have to tell them exactly how long he's been there, or about his ability to amplify emotions, or his working with Pandora, or any of that.  Just tell them that he's been watching Elliot, and when he saw Ellen about to zap Elliot, he had a flash of insight and realized he might be able to ride the beam into Elliot's body and be able to communicate with them.  Then he'd ask them to please help him.

He might even let them come up with the idea of using the Dewitchery Diamond on their own, once he explained his problem and asked for help.  If they're too slow to come up with it on their own, he could ask whether Ellen was also a duplicate from another dimension, as he had no twin back home.  (Most people seem pretty sure that Magus and Terra are alternates of Elliot and Tedd, but even if they aren't, if we believe it, why wouldn't they?)

Does anyone really think our Main Eight+ would say no?  Or would they head for the Dewitchery Diamond to help the poor stranded alternate-Elliot regain form and get back home?  Even if they took the matter to Mr. Verres, I could see him agreeing to it as long as he was convinced no harm would come to Elliot and that Magus's intentions were honorable.  So, instead of wild hijinx as possessed-Elliot makes a run for the DD and his friends try to stop him, we get a nice, calm, fully-approved trip to where it's stored.  Might even help keep Sirleck from double-crossing him, as it would be difficult to get into the facility and take possession under the watchful eye of Verres and company.

Thought this was the appropriate place to put this idea, as it seems to be the successor to the old "wild theories" thread. :-)