• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

More Speculation.

It's a very good theory and I've thought of it myself. Still, somehow I have a feeling that Magus doesn't want anyone to know about him unless absolutely necessary, especially H&D and Mr. Verres. After all, Pandora did warn Edward, Wolf and Cranium about Magus, calling him a "hawk" and them "little mice". Of course, she was probably lying, but Edward might have taken her seriously and therefore he might not trust Magus even if he came clean about everything.

2 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

It's a very good theory and I've thought of it myself. Still, somehow I have a feeling that Magus doesn't want anyone to know about him unless absolutely necessary, especially H&D and Mr. Verres. After all, Pandora did warn Edward, Wolf and Cranium about Magus, calling him a "hawk" and them "little mice". Of course, she was probably lying, but Edward might have taken her seriously and therefore he might not trust Magus even if he came clean about everything.

Why would Edward make any connection between an encounter that happened almost three years ago and came to a dead end, with Elliot apparently being possessed (semi-possessed?) by his duplicate from another universe who is only trying to get back home?  Unless Pandora makes a personal appearance specifically to blow his cover, I find it unlikely.  And none of the other Immortals involved would even know about that woodland encounter.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Really, it's Pandora herself who is the hawk, not Magus.

Unless the "hawk" doesn't refer to Magus himself, but a Magus/Sirleck mash-up. She was the one who introduced the two to each other.

4 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Unless the "hawk" doesn't refer to Magus himself, but a Magus/Sirleck mash-up. She was the one who introduced the two to each other.

I'm reasonably certain there's an upper limit to how effectively clairvoyant Pandora is.

8 hours ago, partner555 said:

I'm reasonably certain there's an upper limit to how effectively clairvoyant Pandora is.

And I am rather worried that it has started to move very far out. I wondered why Pandora would not realise that Magus would hate her and want to destroy her after what she did to him... then I realised that that might be the whole point and that she was using him in an elaborate scheme to effectively 'commit suicide.' :(

Of course, another possibility is that she doubts he could ever succeed and just doesn't care. But as far as creepiness goes, it would be entirely Pandora to offhandedly include a suicide attempt in her plans.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

And I am rather worried that it has started to move very far out. I wondered why Pandora would not realise that Magus would hate her and want to destroy her after what she did to him... then I realised that that might be the whole point and that she was using him in an elaborate scheme to effectively 'commit suicide.' :(

Of course, another possibility is that she doubts he could ever succeed and just doesn't care. But as far as creepiness goes, it would be entirely Pandora to offhandedly include a suicide attempt in her plans.

Or that the addition of a bit of personal risk just makes the whole thing more fun. Pandora's main purpose is to ease her boredom, and I'd imagine that adding elements of personal risk as well as elements of uncertainty can help with this.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

That kinda implies that the reason Pandora refused to reset was that she wanted to see how long she could go before nothing surprised her, with the ultimate question "Can someone become capable of killing me?" only being answered by someone killing her and thus finally forcing her to reset. Interesting thought though, if she's forced to reset that way it'd be an improper death wouldn't it? she wouldn't likely remember what killed her or why, but she may remember enough to want to try the experiment all over again.

Hmm, that theory would imply that Adrian was probably more a product of curiosity rather than love, at least initially.

That's where the whole insanity bit comes in "This can't be all there is, there has to be something I can't predict." It would have become a challenge to Pandora to keep setting things in motion to see what happens, if anything happens that she doesn't expect. Pandora's essentially got "One more level syndrome".

Moved from the "what's behind Phill?" thread as to not derail it:

1 minute ago, Drachefly said:

None at the moment. Betting thread - and its HUGE pool on who's got the gender mark - is gone with the old forum. :|

Tedd's likely the one with the gender mark considering what his mark spell is. I wouldn't be surprise if, despite the fact that it seems like Pandora's decision to mark Tedd was a spur of the moment one, the mark being in the chart of marks at the beginning of the arc either was foreshadowing Dan's plan to give Tedd that mark or if Grace really did know about all those marks from her dream, it probably meant that Disco Wizard (or rather Magic) foresaw that mark being applied in the future. It's also possible Grace only knew about 4 of the marks, and the others hadn't been applied at the time of her dream.

There are still two marks we don't have candidates for, right? The pile of dookie might actually be a cloud of smoke, which would apply well to Diane's pride in her stealth. I still have no idea of what the circle-rectangle thing is supposed to be, unless it's some kind of spinner with one side of the circle representing good luck and the other side bad luck.

16 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

There are still two marks we don't have candidates for, right? The pile of dookie might actually be a cloud of smoke, which would apply well to Diane's pride in her stealth. I still have no idea of what the circle-rectangle thing is supposed to be, unless it's some kind of spinner with one side of the circle representing good luck and the other side bad luck.

It still looks like a "contrast" symbol in an image editing program to me.

16 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I took the smoke to potentially represent auras, which is what Luke can see.

I figured his was the magnifying glass, of course the marks shape does not have to be linked to the spell, and Luke might be the paw for all we know. 

I figured Luke's was the magnifying glass as well because he focuses on the person to see their aura, putting them under the magnifying glass as the phrase would be. Well, before microscopes were a thing that is. :)

nah, size changing is rhoda's power, and her mark is the wierd squiggly thing that looks like two interlocked music notes upside-down from eachother.
Flame mark was justin's streetfighter specials.
Fairy is dex.
Luke is the magnifying glass.
The characters have mentioned 'cat' a few times in that arc, probably referring to catalina, so that would be the logical choice for the paw, given the running gag of her turning into a catgirl in noncanon pages. (accidental foreshadowing?)
Gender symbol is ted.
Smoke cloud - ? (i doubt it's Dianne given that grace didn't react to her presence but did react to Rhoda and Justin only seconds later.)
Contrast icon - ?

more than likely the last two symbols are the other two Marked Dreamers that Luke knows, the ones justin figured out about from the way he was reacting. it would be more straight forward than inventing another two on top of them, and existing characters having new powers would have been forshadowed by now.

Alright, time for a new wild speculative theory:

Voltaire is Pandora.

He has a similar sense of mischief to him, and let's face it - there's something about that grin.

Given that we've seen Pandora take on multiple forms, some of them not even humanoid, it's not exactly a stretch to think she could appear to be an adult male.

She's been toying with and manipulating people for at least the past two years,

Pandora has stated that she has had many names

As for why she might reveal Adrian, it might be an attempt to force him to break his restraints.

3 hours ago, AFNB said:

Alright, time for a new wild speculative theory:

Voltaire is Pandora.

He has a similar sense of mischief to him, and let's face it - there's something about that grin.

Given that we've seen Pandora take on multiple forms, some of them not even humanoid, it's not exactly a stretch to think she could appear to be an adult male.

She's been toying with and manipulating people for at least the past two years,

Pandora has stated that she has had many names

As for why she might reveal Adrian, it might be an attempt to force him to break his restraints.

Dan has already stated that it's not Pandora, because Pandora is visiting Sarah during all this.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Dan has already stated that it's not Pandora, because Pandora is visiting Sarah during all this.

I had nearly forgotten the meeting that occurred at the same time as the Mall date.

So Volty actually being Pandora is probably not possible.  But do they have some relation?