• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

More Speculation.

43 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I had nearly forgotten the meeting that occurred at the same time as the Mall date.

So Volty actually being Pandora is probably not possible.  But do they have some relation?

I dunno, some people believe he's trying to thwart Pandora's plans, but if that's the case, he's being very aggressive about if he thinks killing Elliot would do so.

I think he's got some other agenda and is taking advantage of what Pandora started to accomplish it.

Wild Theory of the Day: Diane and Susan had to be separated for magical reasons.

The idea of twins developing their own private language is well-known.  Twins often share talents and encourage each other to develop them.  Well, what if, together, Susan and Diane started manifesting their magical talents at a very early age?  Neither one on their own was able to do it, but together they could create magical objects.  And, like most toddlers, they had very little sense of what is and isn't appropriate behavior in public, so they started making magical objects appear in public whenever they were together.

It might even have become dangerous -- again, toddlers don't know *what* not to summon as well as *when* and *where* not to summon.

So, for the twins' own safety, they had to be split up.

Voltaire is Pandora's Ex

They were not able to have a chld.  But Pandora had a son with a mortal and that kid gets all her attention.

Volty is setting up machinations to humiliate, hurt, or kill Pandora, Adrian, and/or anyone close to them.  All out of petty jealousy.

Jerry did warn Susan, Nanase, and Grace about the hissy fits that can erupt when two immortals who chose the same name show up at the same place.  A jealous rage where any number of noncombatants may be injured or killed would not seem out of character.

Voltaire would have to be nearly as old as Pandora for that to work though I think, could an Immortal carry a grudge like that through a reset?

Also he's specifically targeting Elliot here, if he was fighting against Pandora, he should be targeting everyone that Pandora has affected. Those whom Pandora gave marks to should be high priority as well.

I just re-read the bit of Hammerchlorians in the cave, and when Jerry vows to repay the Immortals' debt to Susan and Nanase, the first thing he does is confirm that Grace and Sarah are her friends and she cares about them, then try to do what he can to protect them.  It would be consistent for Voltaire to try to hurt Pandora indirectly through the people Tedd and/or Raven care about.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also he's specifically targeting Elliot here, if he was fighting against Pandora, he should be targeting everyone that Pandora has affected. Those whom Pandora gave marks to should be high priority as well.

Elliot seems to be a "lynchpin" of the social group of the Main Eight plus their peripheral friends. Killing him would possibly lead to the whole group psychologically fragmenting, like a knitted garment unraveling when you pull on a thread.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Elliot seems to be a "lynchpin" of the social group of the Main Eight plus their peripheral friends. Killing him would possibly lead to the whole group psychologically fragmenting, like a knitted garment unraveling when you pull on a thread.

It's a flawed plan though, because if he's trying to stop Pandora's plan by disrupting the Main Eight, it would probably cause the others to want to avenge him, which would likely work in favour of Pandora's plan. You know Tedd and Ellen for sure will go apes&*t, probably even vow to kill all Immortals.

A Roaring Rampage of Revenge may be EXACTLY the effect that Voltaire was aiming for in trying to get Elliot killed. Such anger would make Elliot's friends throw caution and obedience-to-the-law to the wind, as well as possibly turning to The Dark Side. He may have wanted them to go all Frank Castle. 

Something just occurred to me - is there some sort of mystical connection between vampires/vampire hunters and lesbians?  (...insert Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter reference here.)  Only:

• Nanase was impressed into the Paris vampire hunt partially because she was a lesbian.
  • Andrea, who's been going around killing vampires in Moperville, is married to another wo-... er, female.
  • Diane, who has the blood of a vampire hunter, just happens to have a lesbian best friend.

Someone tweeted back with "Sister 3?" which, considering Susan and Diane's meeting is pretty much inevitable now, I can totally see that being the title. Can anyone think of another storyline that could have 3 in the title?

End of an Era is at part 2, as is Squirrel Prophet (there was a "SP: final battle" part but "Part 3" was not in the title) and Guest Comic.

That's more in terms of individual story bits. This would likely be a new arc, like Pandora's Box is ending after either So a Date or Q&A#7 is done, so the new one could be Sister 3 with whatever sub stories involved.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Whoopi Goldberg?

I don't think susan can pull off wearing hats that look like tablecloths draped over a pizza tray, an ironing board, an anvil, and a handglider.

A "Sister III" would be awesome. Some short storylines that could include the number 3 are those mentioned above, and "Shade" and "Relations". I kinda doubt Dan is going back to his very first storyarc, though. I have to re-read "End of an Era", but that and "Sister" seem the most likely. The title may also be in l33t-speak.

16 hours ago, HarJIT said:

We have had two, separated, "T-Minus", IIRC, although neither were numbered.

I would imagine the Sirleck, Abner and Voltaire moments in "So a Date" would have been a "T-Minus" mini story if Dan had made it a separate story.

2 hours ago, Maplestrip said:

A "Sister III" would be awesome. Some short storylines that could include the number 3 are those mentioned above, and "Shade" and "Relations". I kinda doubt Dan is going back to his very first storyarc, though. I have to re-read "End of an Era", but that and "Sister" seem the most likely. The title may also be in l33t-speak.

Yeah, Shade 1 and 2 was a Grace oriented story and Relations 1 and 2 was Elliot and Sarah and had more to do with relationships rather than family relations, End of an Era was also Elliot and Sarah. Also those were substories inside a major arc (the first two were part of the intro arc  "El Goonish Shive" and the third was in "The Dawn") so a third part to those would probably have to follow the story laid out by the first two parts which wouldn't make sense considering what happening currently.

Having a new major story arc named Sister III would make sense because not only would it likely involve sisters being reunited, but the events of "So a Date" suggests that another attempt to get Ellen to zap Elliot may be made in the near future (comic time). So I can imagine we'll have separate substories of talking to Edward about vampires and such, Susan and Diane meeting, Ellen maybe zapping Elliot.

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Having a new major story arc named Sister III would make sense because not only would it likely involve sisters being reunited, but the events of "So a Date" suggests that another attempt to get Ellen to zap Elliot may be made in the near future (comic time). So I can imagine we'll have separate substories of talking to Edward about vampires and such, Susan and Diane meeting, Ellen maybe zapping Elliot.

I had not even considered Susan and Diane. Damn, that's brilliant. That combined with Ellen zapping Elliot can definitely result in a good "Sister" arc. I'm getting hype :3

Let's hope this new arc will take place at least a few days after the dozen arcs we have been experiencing the past two years or so.

3 hours ago, Maplestrip said:

Let's hope this new arc will take place at least a few days after the dozen arcs we have been experiencing the past two years or so.

I disagree.  I want to see how much drama can be sandwiched between Grace's dream early Friday morning and the Lunchtime Roundtable discussions on Monday.

How about this?  Sunday morning, Good Tom drags Bad Tom into Church.  Then while standing at the back of the Sanctuary, Bad Tom sees the light and begins dancing while shouting "THE BAND!"