• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

More Speculation.

Elliot's identity issues are important to Elliot and the characters closest to him/her, so it is valuable as character development. However, it does not advance the "big picture" (the Magic Reset and what is being done to cause/prevent it), which I think is what Tom was complaining about.

19 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Elliot's identity issues are important to Elliot and the characters closest to him/her, so it is valuable as character development. However, it does not advance the "big picture" (the Magic Reset and what is being done to cause/prevent it), which I think is what Tom was complaining about.

Indeed. And had he commented on that in a more reasonable manner than the melodramatic and sanctimonious form 'putting plot development on hiatus' I might have taken less issue or no issue at all. As it is, he reminded me of a past poster who went into long tirades about a sequence he called the 'Trapped in the Basement' storyline where he lamented how everything took place in Tedd's basement and the story never left it.

Said sequence was a total of thirteen pages long. Eleven if you count two pages in the middle of it that skipped elsewhere.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Indeed. And had he commented on that in a more reasonable manner than the melodramatic and sanctimonious form 'putting plot development on hiatus' I might have taken less issue or no issue at all. As it is, he reminded me of a past poster who went into long tirades about a sequence he called the 'Trapped in the Basement' storyline where he lamented how everything took place in Tedd's basement and the story never left it.

Said sequence was a total of thirteen pages long. Eleven if you count two pages in the middle of it that skipped elsewhere.

I feel like there's an overarching story that needs to be told, it's not just about plot, it's about their lives. And saying that Elliot's character development here not being relevant to the plot is like saying Susan's development with the school uniforms wasn't relevant to Sister 2.

The thing about this particular arc, is there is a looming threat that Dan will be getting to soon, Dan said before he started this are that it will span the course of a week in comic time, he's now finishing off Thursday and the main event is supposedly Friday. Dan needs to show how the characters are dealing with the information they've just been given (Tedd and Elliot with magic reset and how they feel about it, Sarah with her spell needing to help try to prevent the reset, Susan faced with meeting Diane who may or may not be her sister, and everything Pandora's doing) while at the same time showing us how unaware they are of what's about to happen.

32 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Dan said before he started this are that it will span the course of a week in comic time, he's now finishing off Thursday and the main event is supposedly Friday.

A week in comic time. In our time, ten months, so far. Last Friday in Moperville lasted eleven months, and it took fourteen months to get through Saturday. And Thursday isn't over yet.

14 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

A week in comic time. In our time, ten months, so far. Last Friday in Moperville lasted eleven months, and it took fourteen months to get through Saturday. And Thursday isn't over yet.

We're at Thursday night here, so Dan's gone through 5 days in ten months, as opposed to 3-5 hours in 11-14 months. I can see Dan keeping Thursday night going for Wednesday's and Friday's comic, and then getting on to Friday's events next week. As it is, the majority of this arc was spent on getting Sunday out of the way, having Pandora talk to Disco Wizard and then talking to Sarah, Nanase asking Edward about Susan and Diane, discussing Elliot's cover over the events at the the mall, Grace and Tedd talking to Sarah, Ellen and Nanase talking to Susan. That was 82 comics just for Sunday, the rest of the week has be 49 comics so far.

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

So, you want Dan to change gears from continental drift to glacial movement. I am not sure my heart could take such rapid acceleration. O.O

*cough* ...yeah, Dan's pacing has been the source of much arguing. That is one reason we have the pacing thread. I do not blame you but please try to confine your venting to there.

And I'm in the process of writing a story where time sometimes goes backward.

(Chapters 1, 3-4, and 6 - that's how far I've gotten to date - cover from Wednesday evening through Friday evening. Chapters 2 and 5 are the following Monday morning.)

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

(Chapters 1, 3-4, and 6 - that's how far I've gotten to date - cover from Wednesday evening through Friday evening. Chapters 2 and 5 are the following Monday morning.)

I would look forward to have read that when you're done...

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

5 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I would look forward to have read that when you're done...

You should have read it in the past when it will be finished.

10 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I would have but I had other readings in invisible writings that I had to leave unfinished.

Sigh...

There are people who claim that they know nothing.  Most of these people are wrong.

Understanding nothing is hard work.  Comprehending that which is not is not a skill taught along side letters and numbers in Kindergarten.

This is not the place for a discussion of quantum physics, Zen Surrealism, or my bank account.  So I will just remind everyone that...

nothing really matters

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sigh...

There are people who claim that they know nothing.  Most of these people are wrong.

Understanding nothing is hard work.  Comprehending that which is not is not a skill taught along side letters and numbers in Kindergarten.

This is not the place for a discussion of quantum physics, Zen Surrealism, or my bank account.  So I will just remind everyone that...

nothing really matters

...to me.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think the number Zero is introduced in every kindergarten class.  Considering how its existence revolutionized mathematics, it would be hard to teach numbers greater than 9 without it.

23 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think the number Zero is introduced in every kindergarten class.  Considering how its existence revolutionized mathematics, it would be hard to teach numbers greater than 9 without it.

It is such a simple invention. Incredibly easy to master. Yet the Hindu mathematical genius who did it solved a number problem that had stymied the ancient Greek masters for centuries. And that way paved the way for everything that followed.

21 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think the number Zero is introduced in every kindergarten class.

But Zero does not necessarily mean absolutely nothing.  On the traditional number line, Zero is the origin.

19 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Channeling Harold Pinter?

Don't forget to tell us where you post your story.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

WILD SPECULATIONS!

Is the overall EGS plot headed towards the Lord Tedd Redemption or Destruction?

General Shade Tail seems to be the key in this, so I would imagine that defeating General Shade Tail will save Lord Tedd.

It just occurred to me that it might be possible to weaponize Immortal law at least as far as Immortals are concerned.

Option 1: Force a thought into an Immortal's head that incurs the Immortal law reset, if only for a moment.

Option 2: Simulate an Immortal thinking they broke the law.

It doesn't seem like Immortals really weigh evidence dealing with violations of their law.  It's not "Twelve Angry Immortals".  It's just "Oh, violation?  Here's my bit of energy for the reset.  Now back to my regularly scheduled debauchery."

It may not even be that interactive.  Immortal law could be a black-box system that deducts energy for violations automagically.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Immortal law could be a black-box system that deducts energy for violations automagically.

Are you saying that Immortals, aka fairies, as a group is a botnet?

38 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Are you saying that Immortals, aka fairies, as a group is a botnet?

And a forced reset for breaching Immortal law is sort of like a DDoS attack.  Yes.

It is probably been mentioned before but I am starting to suspect that the hidden second potential power Tedd has as a Seer is that if Magic does change... it will be his job not just to codify the new rules, but to make them. In other words, he would be the one to set up how magic works, how you can get it and what is possible to do with it and so forth.

I find this speculation hilarious in that it creates the mental image of Noriko having to come back to the child she abandoned to beg for instructions in how to do magic again.

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

It is probably been mentioned before but I am starting to suspect that the hidden second potential power Tedd has as a Seer is that if Magic does change... it will be his job not just to codify the new rules, but to make them. In other words, he would be the one to set up how magic works, how you can get it and what is possible to do with it and so forth.

I find this speculation hilarious in that it creates the mental image of Noriko having to come back to the child she abandoned to beg for instructions in how to do magic again.

I would think that she possibly would anyway, even if Tedd can't create the new system, he could still teach people whatever the new system becomes, so she could still see that as enough reason to come back.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I would think that she possibly would anyway, even if Tedd can't create the new system, he could still teach people whatever the new system becomes, so she could still see that as enough reason to come back.

This would not change the hilarity factor for me. Mind you, it would be a very bitter hilarity. In both cases.

I am glad it is not me. I would most likely tell Noriko to take a flying dive. I am unfortunately capable of nursing resentment for a long, long time.