• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

More Speculation.

11 minutes ago, chridd said:

That's not sensing power (and also the link's not right).  It's a vaguely-remembered dream.  I'm pretty sure this has already been discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Several times. And, as usual, it seems that approximately nobody was persuaded to change what they thought had happened.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Nope. The only thing Grace has sensed about Sam is that he's in the body of a she. It does make sense that Pandora might have marked Sam with a transgender spell, but if she had, Sam wouldn't need that fake beard, would he?

Fixed that for you.

Also, Grace didn't sense that, she likely used her ability to analyze physical structures in human bodies to tell the difference between males and female, like size of the Adam's Apple, or maybe despite the pockets, Grace could tell Sam had breasts. Or maybe Grace did sense a difference in the form of the type of scent Sam gave off, Grace's squirrel quarter could give her heighten smell even in her human form. Either way it wouldn't have been a magic sense.

This is basically just speculation on the world of EGS rather than the story. Talking about how magic flows from one half of the world to the other, and the effect of how magic enters the world got me wondering if there would be a correlation to civilization development and areas where Magic flowed in. We know Immortals meddled with humans for ages, and quite likely played as Gods for humans to worship, but what if they couldn't do it just anywhere, that there needed to be enough ambient energy for humans to perform their "miracles".

One obvious place would be Stonehenge, ancient people worshiped pagan gods and had ceremonies there, and people even claim that the stones radiate energy.

Other places with multiple gods, ancient Egypt, the Romans, ancient Japan, China, the Aztecs, Incas and Mayans. You could probably expect that any holy sites that these civilizations had could have been an influx point where magic energy was high.

Ok, this might be a bit of a stretch, but in Dan's description for the Mall Elliot+Mall Ashley pinup:

" 1 - He liked his mall form enough that it had become its own special form with its own abilities. "

This actually seems like something that could, and may have actually happened in canon. Why couldn't that apply to Susan's fairy summons, it started off as part of the "summon what I have in a box" spell, but she loved summoning Nase and did it pretty much constantly, enough that Sarah even joked around about it. It would totally make sense that it would eventually become it's own summon spell with it's own abilities.

So if Susan s pretty much keeping a fairydoll summoned continuously (hiding her in her purse when needed), I have to wonder whether Susan's mom knows about Susan's magic yet.  I suspect she would at first be annoyed at Susan doing something so girly as summoning a cutesy little fairy, but after Susan showed her she could summon weapons and tools, that would mollify her.

Then again, maybe while Susan's man-hating turned into extreme feminism (less extreme since she's started to get to know more males), perhaps her mom would rather see a more feminine daughter.  Maybe she's wishing Susan weren't so masculine in her dress and attitude.  We're really only seen her a couple of times.

52 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

So if Susan s pretty much keeping a fairydoll summoned continuously (hiding her in her purse when needed), I have to wonder whether Susan's mom knows about Susan's magic yet.  I suspect she would at first be annoyed at Susan doing something so girly as summoning a cutesy little fairy, but after Susan showed her she could summon weapons and tools, that would mollify her.

Then again, maybe while Susan's man-hating turned into extreme feminism (less extreme since she's started to get to know more males), perhaps her mom would rather see a more feminine daughter.  Maybe she's wishing Susan weren't so masculine in her dress and attitude.  We're really only seen her a couple of times.

Well, the only time we saw her not in flashbacks, she thought being homosexual was insanity yet wouldn't be opposed to Susan being one as she wouldn't have to deal with men.

As for Mrs Pompoms knowing about Susan's magic... I doubt it but it's true we haven't seen her lately. We do know that Susan was worried about having to sneak in all the dolls she got during the Playing With Dolls arc and that was the day before the current story so I think it is safe to say that Susan believes her mom doesn't know and is trying to keep it that way.

The only parent that we know of that knows about their kid having magic and hiding the fact that they know is Mama Kitsune, and she probably knows that Ellen and Susan has magic, heck she probably concluded herself that Nanase awakened in France, of course she probably didn't realize it until the incident with Abraham but she might have always thought there'd be a chance that Nanase would awaken at some point considering what she knows of her family. It is clear that she knows what Edward really does and she probably even knows Adrian's true nature as well, I think maybe Mama Kitsune and Noriko used to be closer which let Mama Kitsune be privy to the stuff Adrian was teaching Edward and Noriko, or maybe Mama Kitsune herself is also skilled in magic which Adrian help train her in, but hasn't used it since falling out with her sister, the fact Adrian's her least favorite would certainly be related to Noriko leaving Edward.

12 hours ago, ijuin said:

She might, which may in turn lead to him realizing that it is his mother doing this...

He already thinks his mother is involved, thanks to the pithos on the amulet Dex was wearing.  He's completely wrong about that particular incident being his mother, of course, but he does believe she's behind whatever part of this he's aware of.

Dan has confirmed that the next part of the Sister III story arc would be Part 6.  I did not see this coming.

Part XIVa would have been my guess.

But to the point, which dangling thread will be followed?  Ellen, Nanase, & Diane?  Elliot & Ashley?  Another PCR Box appearance?  Edward (with or without the FBI)?  Adrian?  Justin?  Carol Brown?  Helena & Demetrius?  Charlotte?  Greg & Dex?

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But to the point, which dangling thread will be followed?  Ellen, Nanase, & Diane?  Elliot & Ashley?  Another PCR Box appearance?  Edward (with or without the FBI)?  Adrian?  Justin?  Carol Brown?  Helena & Demetrius?  Charlotte?  Greg & Dex?

Yes

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

But tomorrow is Thursday...

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

And Dan often uploads a new page on Thursday night rather than during the daytime on Friday.

And, of course "later in the day Wednesday" often effectively means Thursday.

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If I had to guess, something involving Susan.  The characters split into three groups, and we've seen what happens with one of the groups; the remaining groups are Ellen, Nanase, and Susan (unless something prevents them from meeting), and Ashley and Elliot.  Ashley and Elliot might just be Elliot passing on information that we've already heard without much issue—Ashley already knows most of what happened, and "someone's going to fake a Cheerleadra sighting" isn't really that shocking (though of course something important/interesting/unexpected might happen anyways)—there's a possibility the discussion won't be shown at all.  On the other hand, we know there's going to be something surprising to Susan, we don't know how she's going to react, and of course at some point she's probably going to actually meet Diane.

Of course, I could be wrong.  Maybe Sirleck attacks Adrian next, or something happens to Elliot and/or Ashley, or Magus finds some way back, or....

On 11/16/2016 at 8:53 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

...which dangling thread will be followed?  Ellen, Nanase, & Diane?  Elliot & Ashley?  Another PCR Box appearance?  Edward (with or without the FBI)?  Adrian?  Justin?  Carol Brown?  Helena & Demetrius?  Charlotte?  Greg & Dex?

My guess is Elliot & Ashley. But it could be any of the above, or others, such as:

• Good Tom & The Girlfriend That Talked to Matt Cohen
  • Helen & Demetrius
  • William & Gillian
  • Liz & Still-Not-Named Boyfriend
  • Diane & Lucy
  • Those Two Wimpy Rentacops from the Mall
  • Jeremy, Brownie, and Max sleeping
  • Wolf & Cranium
  • Ratt & (the other) Matt
  • Raven & Noah
  • Melissa & Noah
  • Anything but Susan & Diane, because The Shive is stalling.

Follow-up

Okay, The Shive is bringing in Susan. But will Susan finally meet Diane? Tune in Monday, same Bat-time, Same Bat-channel! (Yes, I'm old enough to remember the Adam West Batman series.)

On another tack, as we learn more about how Magic itself can be an active character, there could be way for Susan and Diane to be totally unrelated: Magic might insist that Potential Vampire Hunters be born in pairs (or more) because of horrifying attrition rates. There could be a lot of Susan look-alikes throughout the world (this generation).  In another generation, Van Helsing might have lasted as long as he did because there was always another one to take over for him...

It hits me - Diane is Susan's counterpart in another universe (or the "other side" of the main one, if it's not all griffins).  The idea that they're half-sisters doesn't make any sense (they wouldn't be identical, and it doesn't explain the birth coincidence), and this has been set up too much to be a coincidence.

54 minutes ago, WR...S said:

It hits me - Diane is Susan's counterpart in another universe (or the "other side" of the main one, if it's not all griffins).  The idea that they're half-sisters doesn't make any sense (they wouldn't be identical, and it doesn't explain the birth coincidence), and this has been set up too much to be a coincidence.

The coincidence of being born so close together really doesn't need all that much explaining - the normal variation in gestation period is something like a 4-week window, so it isn't like it's necessary to assume that the two mothers got knocked up on the same day.

Their similarity is not hard to believe if their father has a particular "type", so the younger Mrs. Pompons and the lover who was Diane's birth mother looked extremely similar.