• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Friday April 7, 2017

46 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Can we get the day of the week on the thread title corrected from Monday to Friday, please? 'Twould be most appreciated.

oops.

Fixed it.

You know what the irony is about this? I was about to post in Wednesday's thread that it needed to be corrected because Wednesday was the 5th, not 6th. lol

The Dan is correct that a combatant out of a uniform is in fact in violation of The Geneva Convention, however no where in the Convention does is say what a uniform has to look like, so, yeah, if your miltary wears armored combat maid outfits you are in the clear.

That isn't as far out as it seems.  This is what the Elite members of the Greek army wear while on guard duty.  These are their bad asses.

2ea3561093055ce690e46b350a4f7624.jpg

Even without the self-awareness, if you find fix for some bug, you will apply it. You may complain it doesn't make sense but if it works ...

Remember Hex's Fluffy Teddy Bear?

55 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

I do not see why they could not have just had her wear the maid outfit over the cat-suit. 

Get the armor, and let her wear the "cute" dress, plus no work involved/delays...

Plus protection against wardrobe removal...

The "armoring of maid outfit" might end up similarly actually. I definitely agree that maid outfit over the cat-suit would work.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The Dan is correct that a combatant out of a uniform is in fact in violation of The Geneva Convention, however no where in the Convention does is say what a uniform has to look like, so, yeah, if your miltary wears armored combat maid outfits you are in the clear.

I suspect that you are expected to warn your enemy about non-traditional uniforms beforehand.

Of course, in fight between android and alien robots, Geneva Convention is unlikely to apply anyway.

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, in fight between android and alien robots, Geneva Convention is unlikely to apply anyway.

There still is the responsibility of the maker, who is supposed to be human.

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The "armoring of maid outfit" might end up similarly actually. I definitely agree that maid outfit over the cat-suit would work.

That depends on the body temp after wearing both suits.

But ey, I should grin from ear to ear on this one.

30 minutes ago, Stature said:
51 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There still is the responsibility of the maker, who is supposed to be human.

Doesn't matter. Geneva Convention are useless unless both sides agree to uphold them.

31 minutes ago, Stature said:
52 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That depends on the body temp after wearing both suits.

And how good androids are in cooling, sure.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Doesn't matter. Geneva Convention are useless unless both sides agree to uphold them.

This is true.  And any thing more should go in the locked politics thread, so I think it is a good idea to drop this sub thread.  But I am not the Lord Almighty Moderator, so there is that.

3 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

That Greek elites post cracked me up.

Dude, that is what they wear.  I've seen them.  And worked with a few.  I mean it when I say they are bad asses.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Dude, that is what they wear.  I've seen them.  And worked with a few.  I mean it when I say they are bad asses.

And of course there can be a huge difference between formal dress uniforms and what they wear in combat.

12 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

And of course there can be a huge difference between formal dress uniforms and what they wear in combat.

Oh, yeah.  That isn't even their dress uniform, that is the honor guard uniform.  The only wear that when they are doing something really important.  Sort of like the big bear skin hats that the UK Army wears at times.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

This is true.  And any thing more should go in the locked politics thread, so I think it is a good idea to drop this sub thread.  But I am not the Lord Almighty Moderator, so there is that.

We barely scratched the surface, but I am done with Geneva.

Susan, though, made a crack in the fourth wall for Charlotte. :P

I wonder if Dr Last-Name-Not-Known-Yet is related to Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film?

As for Funny uniforms I would never laugh at?  There are still ceremonial units of the US Army that wear tri-corner hats.  And I don't think any thing scores higher on the absurdity scale than the Neo-Renaissance Gala Uniforms of the Pontifical Swiss Guard with Halberds.

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There are still ceremonial units of the US Army that wear tri-corner hats.

Hmmmm ... yeah, one example of progress ... tri-corne -> bi-corne -> uni-corne

depp.jpg -> Detail_from_a_painting_of_Napoleon.jpg->G5w0ch4j_400x400.jpg

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... yeah, one example of progress ... tri-corne -> bi-corne -> uni-corne

depp.jpg -> Detail_from_a_painting_of_Napoleon.jpg->G5w0ch4j_400x400.jpg

So, next we'll have corneless hats?