• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday April 10, 2017

29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not so sure about this either. From what Heka said, I would actually suspect that while generally his class of immortal is more powerful than fairies, he is not entirely convinced he would win without the help of fairy law limiting Pandora's options.

I suspect that if Heka went through with manipulating Pandora, and she discovered the deception, she wouldn't be able to kill Heka, but she could easily still be a thorn in his side while at the same time just being out of reach of any retailiation. Immortal law does seem to prevent Pandora from outright killing Heka, but Heka seemed confident that she would die by his will as well if she attempted to force her way past him so he's probably strong enough to do so, but then Tara was prepared to fight Voltaire and Edward said that odds were in favour of Wolf, Cranium, himself or any skilled magic user winning if an Immortal played fair or didn't have the safety of multiple planes of reality to retreat to. So it's possible that Heka doesn't have any advantage that negates Pandora from doing things to him from outside the physical plane.

I will concede that it's not clear whether Heka can also travel to other planes of reality, but even if he can, I would expect Yakety Sax to be playing as he attempted to find Pandora.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Immortal law does seem to prevent Pandora from outright killing Heka, but Heka seemed confident that she would die by his will as well if she attempted to force her way past him so he's probably strong enough to do so

It sounded like he's trying to convince someone. Either he's not so confident or he's not sure if Pandora isn't crazy enough to assume she would win.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

but then Tara was prepared to fight Voltaire and Edward said that odds were in favour of Wolf, Cranium, himself or any skilled magic user winning if an Immortal played fair or didn't have the safety of multiple planes of reality to retreat to.

Yeah ... and Edward warned he doesn't expect Immortal to play fair.

Also note the powerful as I am, you'd still find some way to make me regret being manipulative. Heka isn't afraid of what can Pandora do when playing fair, but about what she can do indirectly.

13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

The Bible has a lot of stuff that seems to put women down beginning with Eve, but at least Eve gets created as a companion for Adam.

In the story I'm familiar with, originally biblical but declared apocryphal by the Church in one of their big editing splurges, God created Adam and Lilith together, from the same materials at the same time.  But when Lilith expected to be treated as an equal, Adam complained to God, who, instead of telling Adam to be a good husband and accept an equal companion, kicked out Lilith and made Eve out of spare parts with a message from day one that she was subservient to Adam.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also note the powerful as I am, you'd still find some way to make me regret being manipulative. Heka isn't afraid of what can Pandora do when playing fair, but about what she can do indirectly

I have never said my waifu was capable of being a major player in the metaphysical world, just she isn't evil.  Just chaotic as all get out

Just now, mlooney said:

Just chaotic as all get out

Dan's even said in commentary that Pandora is the least likely character in EGS to do anything truly chaotic and that you wouldn't want to play a game of chess with her.

She wanted to be surprised with the outcomes of things she did but there was a linear reason for her doing them and as I've said before, it's apparent that the things she's done was never with the intent on harming anyone, aside from killing Abraham, although letting her son fight him was bad too, but she's since realized that it was a wrong thing to have done.