• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Monday April 17, 2017

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Being taken along to the Verres house after the second Goo incident would make sense.

Not that she was taken along. It was the thought balloon I was referring to. It was the first sign that she was capable of doing more than just reflexively dislike anyone guilty of being male.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Not that she was taken along. It was the thought balloon I was referring to. It was the first sign that she was capable of doing more than just reflexively dislike anyone guilty of being male.

I'll grant that may well have been the inception point.

Tagglng along to the Verres household and continuing to be involved afterward was the beginning of her movement up the character ladder.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

What? No. The house didn't turn upside down or sideways relative to the rest of Moperville, so it can't have been. o.O

There also wasn't a loud "BWAAAAAAAOOOOOOM" playing at the time either.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

What? No. The house didn't turn upside down or sideways relative to the rest of Moperville, so it can't have been. o.O

What?  Original-concept-Susan admitting positive qualities in a male was not surprising enough to fold Moperville onto itself?  :)

19 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

The last panel in this one does show Susan holding Justin's hand looking happy. But this isn't really happening, it's Dan playing around while giving us something better to look at than just a bunch of text, or even Justin and Susan using their computers or smartphones to IM. Maybe Dan is suggesting that Susan is already in love with Justin but doesn't realize it yet. But I think the more important part is Justin's expression. He doesn't look happy, does he? Remember, Melissa was his best friend before he realized he was gay. He doesn't want that to happen again.

They also both roleplay on chat. It's possible she typed she's holding his hand.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
17 hours ago, Scotty said:

That doesn't correct me, I was saying at the time Dan introduced Diane (3 years before he has Ellen react to her) he may not have intended on the whole long lost sister possibility, but people's reactions to Diane might have inspired Ellen's reaction, and then it snowballed from there.

I'll grant the possibility but ask: Is there a Diane sighting in a comic prior to, say, 2003?   Anytime after, even if it's a flashback, the odds-on explanation for her appearance becomes Susan-connected.

According to wiki, this is her first appearance.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

What?  Original-concept-Susan admitting positive qualities in a male was not surprising enough to fold Moperville onto itself?  :)

You're absolutely right, we had better write Dan and point this out! O.O