69 replies to this topic

#1 blackspike2710

blackspike2710

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

http://www.egscomics...date=2010-05-17

Ohh, I really hope we get to see her full squirrel form. It's been a while.

And I believe Susan would have slapped Tedd for making that joke.

And why the hell is Elliot's hair so messed up?

#2 CidGregor

CidGregor

Insert witty dialogue here.

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:Video games, webcomics, and cartoons.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

And why the hell is Elliot's hair so messed up?

Seriously, he looks like he just came up for air after a furious makeout session.

"Nice guys finish last......but only because we have farther to go." - Lord Belgarion

My EGS Fanfiction:
Twin Envy, ALTERNATE ENDING ADDED APRIL 23RD '08!
Basic Instinct, COMPLETED AUGUST 1ST '08!

#3 blackspike2710

blackspike2710

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

he looks like he just came up for air after a furious makeout session.

But Sarah is with Susan and Grace, who could he be making... :icon_eek:

#4 Youwillneverknow

Youwillneverknow

The Bunny with Scales

• Members
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Tedd's pervert senses for tingling

As for what Susan is doing, its not going to work, those rooms are so filthy and that sanitizer is going to do is make them angry

On the sleeping agreements, sharing a bed isn't necessary, you can ask for a cot or just sleep on the floor
2000 Strips Slain
Erepublik: The New World Order
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
THE GOLD IS FOR THE CHILDREN-BELLE BONNET

#5 Carl

Carl

Obsessive 910 Reader

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

I'm guessing that Elliot just morphed back from some female form, accounting for the hair.

I like Dan slipping in a glimpse of couple of the other characters, since it looks as if the Three Musketeers will be taking center stage for a long time.

#6 Qman20

Qman20

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Borederlands, ranma1/2, EGS sailor ranko :3, reading, mettalurgy, and music(Skillet and TRJsA)

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

On the sleeping agreements, sharing a bed isn't necessary, you can ask for a cot or just sleep on the floor

woulden't want to deprive the fleas of a meal, now would we...?
(refrence joke!)
i find tedd power to be amusing to the extreme, and for the hair of the elliot, i have but one thesis...
he runs his hands through his hair when he's getting beat at video games.
i know i do and if im getting beat really bad, i ussaly end up looking up like that...
I AM Q, MASTER OF SPACE AND TIEM!!!! but I still can't get a winning lottery ticket...

I will be the one you're going to run to, I will be the the whose going to hold you, My love is a burning, consuming fire.

My fires burn like beacons, guiding the lost and weakened. Flames dance on crashing waves, guiding ships who've gone astray.

Rah Rah fight the powah!

#7 Haylo

Haylo

Recycled Bunny

• Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

But Sarah is with Susan and Grace, who could he be making... :icon_eek:

His hair stood on end the last time he transformed, when Tedd politely turned his back and called out the warning, "Dude, you've got to visualize the back of an outfit as well as the front!" :icon_eek:
Vorlonagent wrote: It's the flaws a creation has to overcome as much as its strengths that make it interesting.
right.png...recycled-bunny.gif

#8 The Old Hack

The Old Hack

Pundit of Pedantry

• Moderators
  • 6,954 posts
  • Favorite Comic:Girl Genius

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

The comic left me wondering about several points and then Dan went and spoiled everything by answering all of them in the commentary. Spoilsport. *mutter*

I like Susan in the first two panels. The light effect in panel one serves as a cool introduction, and the clothes Susan wears look very close to a Federation uniform. All she is missing is buttons of rank on the collar and a communicator insignia on her chest.

Tedd should be hammered for that one. I know that the hammers are (or seem to be) out of order and that there isn't anyone female present, but he deserves a hammering anyway. Hmf.

Overall, I am fairly content with this page though it initially left me confused. Now let's see what happens next.
"I'm wrong all the time. It's how I get to right." -- Gil Grissom, CSI

Courtesy rules for the EGS forums may be found here

#9 Demicus_Maximus

Demicus_Maximus

Interdimentional Reality Bender

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Science,

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

My hair does that when I'm playing my 360. Course, its my pillow and horrible posture that are to blame, not Hawiian electrical scientists or whatnot.

And I love how easy it can be sometimes to forget that Grace is a shapehifter. I mean, she hasn't really done anything wierd (transformationally speaking) for a while.

And as for Susan, love how she's in Trek mode with those Phase BottlesTM, and how she quickly calls dibs on a bed for herself, but...

WTF is with the first panel? Where did her clothes go?
Posted Image
"So what if it seems hopeless? Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honor as SOLDIER."
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

#10 Qman20

Qman20

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Borederlands, ranma1/2, EGS sailor ranko :3, reading, mettalurgy, and music(Skillet and TRJsA)

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

WTF is with the first panel? Where did her clothes go?

your mind is in the gutter. please do us all a great favor by removing it and washing it with massive ammounts of indrustial solvent.

and it's obvious she just got done transforming into her uniform.
(susan for senshi!)

....wait

.....no never mind
I AM Q, MASTER OF SPACE AND TIEM!!!! but I still can't get a winning lottery ticket...

I will be the one you're going to run to, I will be the the whose going to hold you, My love is a burning, consuming fire.

My fires burn like beacons, guiding the lost and weakened. Flames dance on crashing waves, guiding ships who've gone astray.

Rah Rah fight the powah!

#11 MidorLune

MidorLune

Supreme 910 Reader

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

It's as if Grace is some social arithmatic remainder. Or maybe they think she has Tedd's cooties? I mean sheesh, if worse comes to worse, get a fold out bed. Even Super-8's have fold out beds! Or at least fold-out couches! But for god's sake don't stand there and argue about which one gets stuck sharing with her. It's just rude, especially when she's right there in the frigging room.

#12 Snes

Snes

910 Reader

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

That first panel is obviously an excuse to draw Susan's silhouette. It appears to be wearing far less/tighter clothing than the Susan in the second panel.
Posted Image

Do you remember where we all came from?
Do you remember what it's all about?

#13 Herald Loveall

Herald Loveall

Bunny S.T.O.R.Y.teller

• Members
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

Somehow I can just imagine Sarah rolling her eyes at how Susan opened the door to their room with a Star Trek reference. Moreso with how she happened to have a couple of bottles of cleaner on her. I wonder if she and Diane are actually clones of Hannelore.

It's as if Grace is some social arithmatic remainder. Or maybe they think she has Tedd's cooties? I mean sheesh, if worse comes to worse, get a fold out bed. Even Super-8's have fold out beds! Or at least fold-out couches! But for god's sake don't stand there and argue about which one gets stuck sharing with her. It's just rude, especially when she's right there in the frigging room.

It does kinda make you wonder why neither of them wanted to sleep with her. Now the reasonable explanation is that they'd simply prefer to have their own bed, but reasonable explanations for mundane things like this are boring. Now let's see... the snoring excuse is out, as that would effect both of them either way. It's possible that they're worried about her having to get up during the night if something in her digestive system suddenly decides it's time for those dozen pancakes to come on out, but I don't think that would be it. It might be some other kind of nighttime problem she's gotten a reputation for though through the grapevine. Sleep-talking wouldn't really work as, again, that would effect both of them either way. Something like sleep-cuddling, or even worse, tossing-and-turning, might be a reason though, especially if Grace starts having one of her more disturbing nightmares (has she had any since Painted Black?). Sarah was the first of the group to witness those, so she'd know about it at least. Or maybe they just heard Tedd mention at one point that she hogs the blankets.
Posted Image
For an explanation of the S.T.O.R.Y. threads see here.

I has an imaginary kitten. His name is Morpheus.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett

#14 David

David

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

Or maybe Elliot's guess here is right. Those beds aren't big, you're going to notice if the person next to you transforms.

#15 Demicus_Maximus

Demicus_Maximus

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

I don't believe that Sarah and Susan are'nt secure enough in theit femininity to innocently sleep with another woman! I mean, if it were Ellen or Nanase I could see there being uncomforatable feelings with sleeping with a lesbian, but its Grace for god's sake...

Granted, if I was in a similer situation with my own friends, I would agree to not sleep with them. Why? One's homosexual and even though I'm okay with him being that way, sleeping with him would be way to awkward. And all my other male friends are as big as I am, making sleeping together on anything less than a king untenable.

...that, and we'd also not be stopping, would have known the earthquake to be not responsible, be armed rather than having to bring shapeshifters, and wouldnt care about hammers that harmlessly beat offensive women scratch that, I know a few that would make such a power very worthwhile.

And I also must say that this comic illustrates Grace's growth. In the days of, say... Lady Mysterious or even in her Birthday Party story, she'd probabally argued about "not seeing whats wrong with girls sleeping together", whereas now shes just accepting that some thigns "just are", and just went and solved the problem. There's another hole in the rampant argument that Grace has the mind of an Eight year old although that will continue anyway...
Posted Image
"So what if it seems hopeless? Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honor as SOLDIER."

#16 sarahfan

sarahfan

Supreme 910 Reader

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:58 AM

It's turning into short-attention-span theater, where issues get introduced one comic and then completely dropped by the next...

I wonder if it's some method to speed up EGS's pacing? It feels like the comic is just going down a list of points to get out of the way.
On suspension because the moderator thinks I'm too negative about EGS.

#17 Demicus_Maximus

Demicus_Maximus

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:08 AM

It's turning into short-attention-span theater, where issues get introduced one comic and then completely dropped by the next...

I wonder if it's some method to speed up EGS's pacing? It feels like the comic is just going down a list of points to get out of the way.

Or maybe Dan's doing EXACTLY what Sarah said: Now they're at the motel... hotel... WHATVER! They're there, and I'm sure that one of four things will happen.

1- Susan tells of France
2- They sleep, then talk of France
3- They sleep, some creepy d00d sees Grace doing her squirrel bit, and all hell breaks loose
4- The SGC accidantally dials another black hole, the world gets sucked into the singuality THROUGH a singularity, and the point is rendered moot!

Anything else would be like accidentally shooting yourself in the face with a shotgun. Not pretty, really stupid, but probabally really funny for someone somewhere.

Although I would forgive him if he showed us more about how Nanase's doing. She really grew durring Sister II and I'm still awaiting SOMETHING! (I hate when stuff liek this happens to characters. REALLY hated it in Honor Guard, one of the Gaunt's Ghost's books...)

And I'll stop stalking this thread for a while now... >.<
Posted Image

#18 The Old Hack

The Old Hack

Pundit of Pedantry

• Moderators
  • 6,954 posts
  • Favorite Comic:Girl Genius

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

4- The SGC accidantally dials another black hole, the world gets sucked into the singuality THROUGH a singularity, and the point is rendered moot!

*is stunned by the sheer perfection of the above technobabble*

I am... amazed. I thought I had heard some ridiculous abuses of the laws of physics, not to mention of general suspension of disbelief, but the above... it is so beautiful. At last I understand how Hunter S. Thompson must have felt when he after years of searching finally came across the perfect headline.

I bow to your mastery of utter nonsense, sir. You have created a work of true art.
"I'm wrong all the time. It's how I get to right." -- Gil Grissom, CSI

Courtesy rules for the EGS forums may be found here

#19 Demicus_Maximus

Demicus_Maximus

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

*is stunned by the sheer perfection of the above technobabble*

If only SG1 had the tech that AR1 does now. They could have had fun with paradoxs' before shutting things down.
Posted Image

#20 RandomBunny

RandomBunny

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:11 AM

In the first panel, she is clearly wearing no pants.

I brought sexy evidence, in case you don't believe me:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users