• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Friday April 21, 2017

8 minutes ago, partner555 said:

The background mother and daughter switched hairstyles and clothes.

I thought the background ladies were exhibiting a simultaneous age progression / age regression event.

4 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I don't see any change in the guy at the counter, though.

Most guys keep the change in their pockets.

As for the commentary?  Remodeling the set is often an excuse for the characters to find something that had been lost.

When the comic shop moves the front counter, George will discover a mint condition copy of Adventures of the Big Boy number one and retire to the Sandwich Islands.

See? This is why it's good that the NPs now have the dates displayed on the page, hovering over the image and the tab shows "2018-04-21" :)

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I don't see any change in the guy at the counter, though.

The collar on his shirt is bigger.

And if we really want to be technical here, there's now a comic on the counter, and the comic that the little girl was pointing at in panel 1 is now in the mother's (or older sisters?) hands.

Also m!Grace's hair looks a lot like Elliot's but with sideburns.

Just a minor mlooney twitch.  Spaghetti strap sun dresses on small children are very often, well, tacky.  And an invitation to a wardrobe malfunction.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

The collar on his shirt is bigger.

And practically smaller. At least he knows foreign expressions.

My canon is the girls are siblings. Instigating a rivalry, even.

17 hours ago, partner555 said:

The background mother and daughter switched hairstyles and clothes.

No, they switched age and position :)

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

See? This is why it's good that the NPs now have the dates displayed on the page, hovering over the image and the tab shows "2018-04-21" :)

Good catch.

Wasn't switching people out for similar-looking people of the opposite gender one of the things they did in the earliest studies on change blindness?  (Of course, they didn't have access to shapeshifters.)

I recall watching a video where they had the guy at the service counter duck down out of sight behind it, and then another guy stand back up again in his place.  It was fun seeing how many people didn't seem to notice.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I recall watching a video where they had the guy at the service counter duck down out of sight behind it, and then another guy stand back up again in his place.  It was fun seeing how many people didn't seem to notice.

There's a segment in this video that's kinda like that, I don't think any of these really work on a change blindness standpoint, but using twins to create confusion can still be fun.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

but using twins to create confusion can still be fun.

The TV show "Untold Stories of the ER" had a great one of these. Patient shows up in the ER complaining of pain, doctor gives her a tiny bit of morphine and proceeds to spend a couple hours running all sorts of tests on her... concludes that she's a junkie looking for a free fix. Tells her she won't get any more pain meds that day at that hospital. She leaves.

A bit later, Doc calls his brother.

Different ER. Brother looks up at the whiteboard showing current status of patients in the ER, says "yes, she's here, she just came in." Shortly thereafter, doc walks in to talk to the patient, holding printouts of all the test results from the other hospital - sent by his identical-twin brother - and says "Now, ma'am, I told you, we aren't going to give you any more pain medicine."

She gets a panicky look on her face, grabs her coat, and leaves.

12 hours ago, WR...S said:

Wasn't switching people out for similar-looking people of the opposite gender one of the things they did in the earliest studies on change blindness?  (Of course, they didn't have access to shapeshifters.)

I guess that is where the Dominion are ahead of us. But as far as I am concerned, they can stay in the Gamma quadrant.

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
On 04/24/2017 at 6:23 PM, WR...S said:

I guess that is where the Dominion are ahead of us. But as far as I am concerned, they can stay in the Gamma quadrant.

That's what those cloaked self-replicating mines are for.

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Prophets are always a problem.

I'd enumerate, but this is not a Religion Round Table Thread.

So no prophet and loss statements here...

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Quite a few prophets (deliberately not naming names or making any universal generalizations) are the result of falsified books...

Cooking the books to show a prophet...