• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotty

story
Story: Monday April 24, 2017

37 posts in this topic

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2339

Uh oh.

So uh, who does that shadowy hand belong to? Pandora's possibly still talking to Heka in Egypt, or maybe not, if travel instant for such a distance? That leaves either Voltaire having found out about Jerry and possibly worried that his meddling with Susan might interfere with Voltaire's plans, Not sure why Helena and Demetrius would grab him, unless they just wanted to be overly dramatic but really they just want to talk. Fingernails though could be a hint.

Oh, and for the record, Jerry 2.0 has so far crashed ONE party. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why I didn't think of this.

"Ask Susan's Dad."

So far, Susan's dad has only been seen in flashbacks.  And there his face was always shadowed.  I always took this to mean that Susan blocks out as much memory of her dad as she can.

So now, for vital information, we are counting on a man of whom we know nothing other than that he has cheated.

I'm sure that creepy hand shadow in the background doesn't mean anything ominous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So uh, who does that shadowy hand belong to? Pandora's possibly still talking to Heka in Egypt, or maybe not, if travel instant for such a distance? That leaves either Voltaire having found out about Jerry and possibly worried that his meddling with Susan might interfere with Voltaire's plans, Not sure why Helena and Demetrius would grab him, unless they just wanted to be overly dramatic but really they just want to talk. Fingernails though could be a hint.

Pandora doesn't have more reasons to grab him than Helena and Demetrius. And Voltaire? Being black is not his style. Maybe Magus? But he doesn't have reason to BE there, much less grabbing immortal.

Mrs. Pompoms? She would be likely to have long nails, but she's NOT likely to be able to see astral plane.

Not-Tengu got out of jail faster than expected and somehow found Jerry helped defeating him? Ok, that might be even less logical than Mrs. Pompoms.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Oh, and for the record, Jerry 2.0 has so far crashed ONE party. ;)

I would ask if his reason for following Nanase and Diane instead of Susan on New Year was because Nanase might've been in danger OR that Nanase might've been on party, but I think the answer is clear.

Hmmm ... does he mean that if he finds out the Diane connection he will consider the vow fulfilled or that he will consider it reason enough for pause?

2 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I don't know why I didn't think of this.

"Ask Susan's Dad."

So far, Susan's dad has only been seen in flashbacks.  And there his face was always shadowed.  I always took this to mean that Susan blocks out as much memory of her dad as she can.

So now, for vital information, we are counting on a man of whom we know nothing other than that he has cheated.

And who we have no idea where he is and who might not remember all women he slept with 18 years ago.

And Jerry can't even actually ask him. His idea is to stalk him and hope to find something randomly. I don't think it has high chance for success ... on the other hand, it's true that we don't exactly have that many better ideas.

Wait: what about spying on him, find where is he hiding his journal and then look into journal? He MIGHT be keeping journal, right? ... ok probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So uh, who does that shadowy hand belong to? Pandora's possibly still talking to Heka in Egypt, or maybe not, if travel instant for such a distance?

The time at the top probably means that a few hours have passed, and Pandora could easily be back in town. 

We can not be certain due to immortal shape shifting, but the nails make the hand look female to me, and Pandora is more likely to get involved with Susan then Helena. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, Jerry, right now it would probably be a bit of a challenge finding any immortals who are all that much younger than you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

To be fair, Jerry, right now it would probably be a bit of a challenge finding any immortals who are all that much younger than you.

Not necessarily.  Lots of humans have been born since Jerry's reset.  And aren't we all immortal?  At least until we miss that last saving throw...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not necessarily.  Lots of humans have been born since Jerry's reset.  And aren't we all immortal?  At least until we miss that last saving throw...

Not really. Especially not with those whose wrongs give edge unto the swords that make such waste in brief mortality. *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple Jerry.  Get grabbed, go to the material plane.  Scream.  Susan and her flight of fey awaken and kick the butt of who ever is attacking you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing Susan's dad very soon unless that's his black, long-nailed hand. Or are those talons? There's only one character that's been shown with Susan with black hands and talons. He's supposed to be dead, but not-Tengu was thought to be probably dead, wasn't he?  If he's alive (or the un part of undead is working for him) he could be one of the vampire mercenaries, and couldn't resist waiting until Friday night.

Or that vampire could be dead-dead, and it's another vampire. How about a vengeful brother? That's a trope with a YUGE number of precedents in every genre.

Or maybe it's Susan's mom. She's demonstrated that she can be a real terror, magic or not. She'd need magic to see Jerry 2.0, thought, and she's not an Immortal. Or is she? Well, probably not, since she was visiting her sister when Susan caught Daddy cheating. But she might have magic she doesn't show, much as some or all of us suspect Nanase's mom has.

It could be Voltaire, making sure his plan for Friday night stays on track. But Voltaire has this thing for white, and there's no proof in canon that he even knows Susan exists.

And it could always be Pandora. Twice she's demonstrated that she can make more than one of herself, although the selves were close together. Morphing is definitely her thing.

We need to call in a detective to solve this one. Hey, isn't there a detective in canon now? One who was somehow able to shadow Immortals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Simple Jerry.  Get grabbed, go to the material plane.  Scream.  Susan and her flight of fey awaken and kick the butt of who ever is attacking you.

How? The one who is grabbing him may stay on astral plane. He doesn't need to scream: he only need to imply he could wake up Susan if the grabber would follow him to material plane.

13 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or that vampire could be dead-dead, and it's another vampire. How about a vengeful brother? That's a trope with a YUGE number of precedents in every genre.

I think she killed that vampire quite thoroughly, but yes it could be his brother ... or friend. I mean not literal brother but someone who considers him his brother.

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

We need to call in a detective to solve this one. Hey, isn't there a detective in canon now? One who was somehow able to shadow Immortals?

Abner was just lucky. I think we need to call professionals. Charlotte's Angels.

Tom Sewell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry's four immortals older than himself are probably four immortals older than himself as measured from his last reset. By that measure, Helen and Demetrius are older, since they are shown in their reset forms before Jerry's reset happened.

Okay, the previous thought seems solid enough, although not that exciting. On to a truly amazing crackpot plot theory. And that theory is:

Voltaire is Susan's Dad--and Diane's. Volty's been working on this scheme for a long, long time and the sisters have a part to play in it. Maybe that part is to kill the vampires that are definitely part of the scheme he's set up. And brought Magus over to the Moperverse with his power to amplify impulses--the timing of that is a bit vague but it could have happened before Susan and Nanase's trip to France. Magus knows that Helena and Demetrius have reset badly, so he knows they've reset. How would he know that? Why did Dan decide it was important that he know that, and important to let us know he knew that?

Maybe I should have gone back to bed instead of posting this. It's probably influenced by seeing a YouTube video that alleges Emperor Palpatine was Anakin's father in the original script of Revenge of the Sith. The scheme is obviously insane. But then, so is Voltaire.

Anyone up for a contest for a crazier mastermind? Right now I'd nominate Desty Nova of Battle Angel Alita, the Joker, Dr. Emilio Lizardo of Buckaroo Banzai, and any president of North Korea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jerry ditches Susan as being her ally, he might be considered a coward. Or those lessons are getting to me fast.

A bad way for a good person to say hello, or he is being captured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hkmaly said:

Pandora doesn't have more reasons to grab him than Helena and Demetrius. And Voltaire? Being black is not his style. Maybe Magus? But he doesn't have reason to BE there, much less grabbing immortal.

Maybe Pandora noticed Jerry and mistakes him for the one that tried to get Elliot killed? She doesn't know it was Voltaire (she likely doesn't know, or remember Voltaire). Of course she should probably realize that Jerry had fairly recently reset and manipulating others into killing might not be on the list of thing a young immortal wants to try. Other possibility is she's aware of his vow to Susan and Nanase so she might consider him useful in helping find the one who tried to get Elliot killed, snatching him up that way definitely seems like a Pandora way to say "Hello".

Magus would be interesting, he doesn't trust Immortals, but he doesn't trust Sirleck either and after his last meeting with Sirleck, I wouldn't be surprised if Magus regrets his choice so much that asking for an Immortal's help is looking better again. At the very least Magus might consider a freshly reset Immortal to be let likely to jerk him around and if he's careful with what he says, he could convince Jerry to help deal with Sirleck. Of course, if that's the case, then Magus needs to trim his nails. :)

Just now, hkmaly said:

Mrs. Pompoms? She would be likely to have long nails, but she's NOT likely to be able to see astral plane.

Unless she's got an Immortal friend who vowed to protect Susan and assumes Jerry might be infringing on that vow...that'd be too convoluted and we've already got 5 immortals running around her, add another one and Dan could probably start a spinoff comic. ;)

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not-Tengu got out of jail faster than expected and somehow found Jerry helped defeating him? Ok, that might be even less logical than Mrs. Pompoms.

I doubt we'll see him again, he was a plot point to bring attention to Noriko, Tedd and Nanase. Beyond that, I don't see Dan having a reason to bring him back, unless for a flashback.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Wait: what about spying on him, find where is he hiding his journal and then look into journal? He MIGHT be keeping journal, right? ... ok probably not.

Plot twist: Mr. Pompoms has been keeping track of Susan and Diane for the past 18 years and has a room full of various pictures of them growing up. He intentionally impregnated two women, made sure Diane was put up for adoption and made sure Susan caught him cheating. Either this is a nature vs nurture experiment, or he wanted both to be conditioned a certain way for a specific purpose. Maybe he was counting on them meeting which would explain why both would still be living in Moperville.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

We need to call in a detective to solve this one. Hey, isn't there a detective in canon now? One who was somehow able to shadow Immortals?

Abner was just lucky. I think we need to call professionals. Charlotte's Angels.

Abner wasn't lucky, he had Voltaire telling him everything, but still, Abner does seem to be familiar with the paranormal, whether he's a wizard or mage or neither is something we'll hopefully find out soon.

57 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Magus knows that Helena and Demetrius have reset badly, so he knows they've reset. How would he know that? Why did Dan decide it was important that he know that, and important to let us know he knew that?

It's entirely possible that Pandora told Magus, she would have warned him that Elliot was being watched by two Immortals, and added that they were recently improperly reset which means they should be easy to distract.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyone up for a contest for a crazier mastermind? Right now I'd nominate Desty Nova of Battle Angel Alita, the Joker, Dr. Emilio Lizardo of Buckaroo Banzai, and any president of North Korea.

I vote Big Cheese from Samurai Pizza Cats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stature said:

If ...captured.

Jerry 2.0 is in some real danger, and considering avoiding danger isn't exactly cowardly. I give him the benefit of a doubt. Remember what happened the last time he tried to rationalize slacking off on that vow to Susan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Remember what happened the last time he tried to rationalize slacking off on that vow to Susan?

The last time he rationalized slacking off worked. If you're referring to the moment in Family Tree, then Jerry assumed that what he had done fulfilled his previous self's vow and he was free and clear, I doubt even finding the connection between Susan and Diane would instantly free him of the vow either. It might take Susan telling Jerry that he's fulfilled his vow, which could be after Jerry finds the connection, it could be 30 years later, or she dies of old age. Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyone up for a contest for a crazier mastermind? Right now I'd nominate Desty Nova of Battle Angel Alita, the Joker, Dr. Emilio Lizardo of Buckaroo Banzai, and any president of North Korea.

 

Kind of feels like someone should just link to a TVtropes page for a list of nominees

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I vote Big Cheese from Samurai Pizza Cats.

I always thought Jerry was the real mastermind there... I need to re-watch the show. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I strongly suspect that the hand does not have talons so much as it has long nails. Meaning, I'm betting, either Pandora or some new Fairy we haven't met before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

I always thought Jerry was the real mastermind there... I need to re-watch the show.

As far as I can remember, Big Cheese came up with the crazy convoluted schemes, and Jerry Atric attempted to make them less convoluted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I strongly suspect that the hand does not have talons so much as it has long nails.

Yes, they do look like nails. That's a very well drawn hand, almost like it's been traced. But Dan would never do that! And maybe he didn't. Hands are hard to draw, but provided you aren't a pirate, you always have willing models there at the ends of your arms. And the perspective for that black hand looks to me like a good match for a hand as seen by the owner/operator.

Whatever means Dan used to create that hand, he took some care to get it right. Nails done that way suggest that it's a woman's hand. All-black, though, suggests otherwise. Even humans with very dark skin over most of their bodies have light-colored skin on their palms, the soles of their feet, and the undersides of their fingers and toes. And it can't be a black glove because fingernails. Dramatic effect? The black hand scores there. Artistic choice? Well, it does emphasize how tiny Tiny Jerry is and probably emphasizes that it isn't Susan's hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyone up for a contest for a crazier mastermind? Right now I'd nominate Desty Nova of Battle Angel Alita, the Joker, Dr. Emilio Lizardo of Buckaroo Banzai, and any president of North Korea.

Any president of North Korea qualify for the "crazy" part, but I doubt about the "mastermind" part.

From Batman, what about Riddler?

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Mrs. Pompoms? She would be likely to have long nails, but she's NOT likely to be able to see astral plane.

Unless she's got an Immortal friend who vowed to protect Susan and assumes Jerry might be infringing on that vow...that'd be too convoluted and we've already got 5 immortals running around her, add another one and Dan could probably start a spinoff comic. ;)

Well, more that half of major cast is still mortal, so ...

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Plot twist: Mr. Pompoms has been keeping track of Susan and Diane for the past 18 years and has a room full of various pictures of them growing up. He intentionally impregnated two women, made sure Diane was put up for adoption and made sure Susan caught him cheating. Either this is a nature vs nurture experiment, or he wanted both to be conditioned a certain way for a specific purpose. Maybe he was counting on them meeting which would explain why both would still be living in Moperville.

Hmmmm ... I like the idea of Mr. Pompoms doing nature vs nurture experiment ... although I don't think he wanted Susan to caught him cheating before part 2: without getting Mrs. Pompoms pregnant second time, he doesn't have anyone to compare the child conceived when Susan caught him with.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I doubt even finding the connection between Susan and Diane would instantly free him of the vow either. It might take Susan telling Jerry that he's fulfilled his vow, which could be after Jerry finds the connection, it could be 30 years later, or she dies of old age. Who knows?

There is also NANASE. Sure, it seems that Susan was affected by that France experience worse, but still, Nanase is part of the vow.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Hands are hard to draw, but provided you aren't a pirate, you always have willing models there at the ends of your arms.

If you ARE pirate and lacks both hands, you are unlikely to be good at drawing. Or at anything pirate might have in "job description". On the other hand, you probably wasn't that good to begin with, that's why you ended without both hands ...

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Nails done that way suggest that it's a woman's hand. All-black, though, suggests otherwise. Even humans with very dark skin over most of their bodies have light-colored skin on their palms, the soles of their feet, and the undersides of their fingers and toes. And it can't be a black glove because fingernails. Dramatic effect? The black hand scores there. Artistic choice? Well, it does emphasize how tiny Tiny Jerry is and probably emphasizes that it isn't Susan's hand.

Practical Susan is very unlikely to have long nails. Granted, she DOES have long hair, but long nails seem even less practical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingernails

I haven't re-checked all 2338 comics, but I don't think Dan has ever drawn fingernails, long or short, on Susan, or for that manner on any of the main characters except Grace in combat mode and that's only if you count claws as fingernails.

Mr. Pompoms

Jerry may have limited magic now, but that's on the scale of Immortals, and he can make make himself invisible to ordinary humans. So assuming Mr. Pompoms is an ordinary human, Jerry can spy on him. As for finding him, how many Mr. Pompoms are there? Given Jerry was searching the internet earlier, he could already know where to find him.

(Since Susan isn't an ordinary human, and Jerry's invisibility is still sub-par, there's a chance she's seen him and is about to grab the tiny intruder.)

Since we don't know anything about Mr. Pompoms beyond the divorce, there's also a chance that he's dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Fingernails

I haven't re-checked all 2338 comics, but I don't think Dan has ever drawn fingernails, long or short, on Susan, or for that manner on any of the main characters except Grace in combat mode and that's only if you count claws as fingernails.

Mr. Pompoms

Jerry may have limited magic now, but that's on the scale of Immortals, and he can make make himself invisible to ordinary humans. So assuming Mr. Pompoms is an ordinary human, Jerry can spy on him. As for finding him, how many Mr. Pompoms are there? Given Jerry was searching the internet earlier, he could already know where to find him.

(Since Susan isn't an ordinary human, and Jerry's invisibility is still sub-par, there's a chance she's seen him and is about to grab the tiny intruder.)

Since we don't know anything about Mr. Pompoms beyond the divorce, there's also a chance that he's dead.

There's also a chance that it's Mr. Pompom's hand grabbing new-Jerry...

Not a big chance.  The smart money's on Voltaire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0