• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Monday April 24, 2017

The only times I've seen a character with long fingernails was mainly for Pandora when she's mad or trying to look scary, Grace in omega squirrel form, and Sirleck's braindead host.

Of those three, Pandora would be the most likely because Grace certainly can't reach into the immortal realm even if she happened to be sleeping over at Susan's for some reason, and I doubt Sirleck can bring his hosts into the Immortal realm either. The only other possibilities would be Dan's felt it necessary to add extra detail to an existing character whose capable of grabbing Jerry2.0 (Voltaire, Helena, Demetrius, Magus) or it's someone we haven't see yet. I'm not really counting on a new character, but maybe an existing character we don't expect to be involved.

Possibly the menacing hand isn't really menacing Jerry? Given that Tiny Jerry is still sitting on Susan, the hand is in a position to grab her.

BTW, since my last posting, a guy got shot across the street. I saw a couple of guys running away from my window. An ambulance took away the shootee about twenty minutes ago, but there's three cop cars I can see without getting up.

15 hours ago, HarJIT said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand,

I see what you did there…

... whoa. I'm constantly surprising myself. I didn't use that consciously ...

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Since Susan isn't an ordinary human, and Jerry's invisibility is still sub-par, there's a chance she's seen him and is about to grab the tiny intruder.

Even if we are right with her being Adrian Raven's descendant, she's ordinary enough.

Since we don't know anything about Mr. Pompoms beyond the divorce, there's also a chance that he's dead.

We know Mrs. Pompoms didn't spend too much in jail. On the other hand, we also know Mrs. Pompoms is rich ... maybe she had good lawyer.

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

BTW, since my last posting, a guy got shot across the street. I saw a couple of guys running away from my window. An ambulance took away the shootee about twenty minutes ago, but there's three cop cars I can see without getting up.

Do you have photos? On second though, if you do, don't mention it on internet until they are caught.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

We know Mrs. Pompoms didn't spend too much in jail. On the other hand, we also know Mrs. Pompoms is rich ... maybe she had good lawyer.

I didn't mean Mrs. Pompoms killed him. I just meant he could have died. There's no evidence Susan has had any contact with him since she told her mom about his cheating, and I'm guessing Susan was around five then. That's lots of time for an accident or illness to carry him off, or for someone else to murder him. Remember that Susan's mom told her she shouldn't hate him, and that doesn't jibe with her mom refusing to let him see her. It also doesn't fit Susan insisting that there were good times with him before the divorce. Death is a good excuse for his apparently long absence from Susan's life.

Although...

I have just had a thought about the anomaly of Susan's cousins. When Ellen texted her about a cousin that looked like her, she said she didn't know and didn't care. But the day after Christmas, she told Justin about watching not-bad Christmas shows with her cousins. I was assuming the cousins she was talking about were the children of her mom's sister, the one she was away visiting in hospital. But maybe they could actually be her younger half-siblings that she calls cousins?

Not the most amazing crackpot plot theory I've come up with, perhaps, but at least it's a change of pace from scrying that black hand for clues.

55 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I didn't mean Mrs. Pompoms killed him. I just meant he could have died. There's no evidence Susan has had any contact with him since she told her mom about his cheating, and I'm guessing Susan was around five then. That's lots of time for an accident or illness to carry him off, or for someone else to murder him.

That kind of random deaths only happens in real life. :)

Remember that Susan's mom told her she shouldn't hate him, and that doesn't jibe with her mom refusing to let him see her. It also doesn't fit Susan insisting that there were good times with him before the divorce.

Quite the contrary, I would expect she wouldn't let him near her daughter. Note that those good times vere BEFORE the divorce.

Death is a good excuse for his apparently long absence from Susan's life.

That's actually good question. Dan, is there any afterlife in EGS? :)

When Ellen texted her about a cousin that looked like her, she said she didn't know and didn't care. But the day after Christmas, she told Justin about watching not-bad Christmas shows with her cousins.

I got the feeling those cousins are considerably younger.

And, to speculate even more, maybe those not-bad shows included Friendship is Magic. Or Frozen.

But maybe they could actually be her younger half-siblings that she calls cousins?

Not the most amazing crackpot plot theory I've come up with, perhaps

Unlikely, but it's true it's not the most unlikely theory presented here.

but at least it's a change of pace from scrying that black hand for clues.

Only few hours till next comics ... hopefully ... and hopefully it wouldn't be scene change ...

That is less than optimal.

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Remember that Susan's mom told her she shouldn't hate him, and that doesn't jibe with her mom refusing to let him see her. It also doesn't fit Susan insisting that there were good times with him before the divorce.

Quite the contrary, I would expect she wouldn't let him near her daughter. Note that those good times vere BEFORE the divorce.

Also Susan's mom might have been trying to calm Susan down because Susan was trying to cut all of her hair off and could have hurt herself in the process too. Though note that there was a change of tone when Mrs. Pompoms got to "Because he's a man."

There's also the possibility that the divorce itself made Mrs Pompoms even more bitter towards him, if he tried to make demands about custody and such. Though I'm not very familiar with family law, but I get the feeling a judge would rule that a cheating father wouldn't make for a fit parent.

49 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

When Ellen texted her about a cousin that looked like her, she said she didn't know and didn't care. But the day after Christmas, she told Justin about watching not-bad Christmas shows with her cousins.

I got the feeling those cousins are considerably younger.

Younger would be likely, maybe Akiko's age, give or take a couple years?

As for the discrepancy, I'd rather say that it was because Susan was in a foul mood over the treatment the other students gave her about trying to change the uniforms. The comment about only caring about her mother might have just been off the top of her head to try to satisfy Ellen's question. Susan being blunt is well established.

Also possible that Susan doesn't get the chance to see her cousins often, if they do belong to Mrs Pompom's sister then it's possible they're not in Moperville. So visiting is rare.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also possible that Susan doesn't get the chance to see her cousins often, if they do belong to Mrs Pompom's sister then it's possible they're not in Moperville. So visiting is rare.

I was thinking maybe Susan's warmed up quite a bit since Sister II and would be amenable to a visit from some much younger half-siblings. They wouldn't be the product of her dad's cheating (at least, cheating on her mom). The idea of a half-sibling her age, though...we know that has been harder for her to get around.

Maybe I've been exposed to too many Star Wars plot theories.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Younger would be likely, maybe Akiko's age, give or take a couple years?

Yes.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

18 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I was thinking maybe Susan's warmed up quite a bit since Sister II and would be amenable to a visit from some much younger half-siblings.

It's possible she didn't cared for them last time she visited them (possibly previous Christmas) because they were only annoyance, but this time she watched surprisingly not bad cartoons with them, so it wasn't that bad experience ...

On 4/25/2017 at 5:15 PM, Scotty said:

The only times I've seen a character with long fingernails was mainly for Pandora when she's mad or trying to look scary, Grace in omega squirrel form, and Sirleck's braindead host.

I just came across another character who has rather long, sharp nails....

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I just came across another character who has rather long, sharp nails....

Yeah, I was reminded of that as well when I looked at the Moar Speculation thread. Still I don't think Arthur would be capable of enter the Immortal realm and grabbing Jerry.

I'll be honest, it would be disturbing enough to know that you could have an Immortal watching everything you do. It'd be even more disturbing to have humans watching you from another layer of reality. We know Crainium can see stuff somewhere without physically going there, whether that's the same spell as Sarah's or something else is a question we've discussed before, but I feel I can trust her to not abuse it beyond the occasional peek into the guy's locker room/shower.