• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Wednesday April 26, 2017

Deux visages mystérieux?
Ce doivent être Les Immortels.

We know they have begun watching a wider circle around Elliot.  And Susan is someone they were watching even before Elliot.

We know that Les Immortels in their past life were aware of Jerry's work.  But will they realize this Jerry was that Jerry?

Of course, getting these two to apologize to and make amends with Susan would almost certainly get New Jerry off the hook from Old Jerry's vow.  After all, he only agreed to be her ally because the immortals who used her unfairly were not present to account for their actions.  Well, now they are present.

12 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

Way too chaotic for Les Immortals, IMO. And too many other eyes. Hello, Pandora.

I don't think so, mainly because she is in Egypt right now and because she seems to have a soft spot for Tedd's friends.  Of course she might not be aware that Jerry is on Susan's side so she might be in defense of Susan right now.

Of course The Dan is under a bridge right now, so it will be a few days before we know one way or another.

Yup, chaotic, and that fits Pandora Chaos Raven Box. Any other candidates?

Dipping into my endless barrel of amazing crackpot plot theories:

• Susan's dad, ol' blackface.
  • Susan's mom. Definitely enough anger to do something like this if she could.
  • Susan--it's something like Nanase's duplicate, particularly the "urge to kill" version in Sister II.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I don't think so, mainly because she is in Egypt right now and because she seems to have a soft spot for Tedd's friends.  Of course she might not be aware that Jerry is on Susan's side so she might be in defense of Susan right now.

Of course The Dan is under a bridge right now, so it will be a few days before we know one way or another.

We last saw her in Egypt, yes. Considering how quickly she seems to have gotten there in the first place, that is probably not an impediment.

... ok. I was afraid of scene change. I wasn't expecting that we will see who's hand it is and STILL know just as little ...

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

We know that Les Immortels in their past life were aware of Jerry's work.  But will they realize this Jerry was that Jerry?

Do they still REMEMBER what they knew of Jerry's work before reset?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course, getting these two to apologize to and make amends with Susan would almost certainly get New Jerry off the hook from Old Jerry's vow.  After all, he only agreed to be her ally because the immortals who used her unfairly were not present to account for their actions.  Well, now they are present.

Except there seem to be THREE entities. Although they may just pretend that ... or it may be Pandora pretending all three ... or Voltaire pretending all three ...

... but I'm starting to suspect this might after all be someone new. Or at least relatively new, like Sirleck's vampires. It WOULD make sense for vampires to try to attack the summoner ...

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Susan--it's something like Nanase's duplicate, particularly the "urge to kill" version in Sister II.

Susan can't summon anything which won't fit into her trunk. This seems bigger. ( ... and of course there are few more reasons why it's unlikely ...)

53 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

We last saw her in Egypt, yes. Considering how quickly she seems to have gotten there in the first place, that is probably not an impediment.

Especially considering it was likely already several hours ago.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Susan can't summon anything which won't fit into her trunk. This seems bigger. ( ... and of course there are few more reasons why it's unlikely ...)

Maybe Sarah has a bigger trunk. As I recall, her basic spell magical summons things from a container she has marked. Or maybe it's a new spell. Or maybe it isn't Susan or Susan's magic after all.

My last three amazing crackpot plot theories have one thing in common: They're all strongly connected to Susan. And the three suspects would all be very, very upset to discover an intruder in her room, particular one while she appears to be helpless in sleep.

Pandora doesn't have any direct connection to Susan anywhere in canon. Of course, what Heka told her that we didn't hear could have provided that connection.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Deux visages mystérieux?
Ce doivent être Les Immortels.

Je pense que les immortels sont juste Pandora elle-même.
Pas le premier à deviner, il semble.

"Glurk" is a word that tried to grab a letter and succeeded.

That certainly is reminiscent of Pandora's "Cloud of Infinite Chaos" form with the numerous eyes in the background and all-black appearance. So it's either Pandora or someone imitating her. My theoretical money is on Pandora. I don't think the cloud of chaos fits any other known immortal's style, and I don't see a much of a reason to try to frame Pandora on the spirit plane.

The whole "WHY ARE YOU HERE" line suggest that whoever it is thinks that Jerry is intruding. As stated before, Pandora likely considers all of Tedd's friends as a kind of extended family and would protect them.

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The whole "WHY ARE YOU HERE" line suggest that whoever it is thinks that Jerry is intruding. As stated before, Pandora likely considers all of Tedd's friends as a kind of extended family and would protect them.

I'll admit that's a possibility I missed. There's only one conclusion: I still have too much of a real life. I must strive to eliminate that last remnant. I must be even more like Mr. Tensaided.

52 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'll admit that's a possibility I missed. There's only one conclusion: I still have too much of a real life. I must strive to eliminate that last remnant. I must be even more like Mr. Tensaided.

Though Mr. Tensaided achieved his level of geekdom not be eliminating his real life, but by infusing his real life with as much geekdom as possible.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Susan can't summon anything which won't fit into her trunk. This seems bigger.

What if Susan were to somehow become aware that Pandora was in her trunk checking out the contents?

...I mean really...when you come down to it, why are any of us here?  If the universe's constants were just a little different, we wouldn't have stars or planets, let alone life and intelligence.  Things had to be just right.  It's kinda weird and random when you think about it...

Except that in some versions of the multiverse theory, every universe (and therefore every collection of those universal constants) that could exist, does. (Or, perhaps, did or will. Depending on how time relates from one universe to another.)

Therefore, all the combinations that allow for star and planet formation exist.

We think this one is special - and it is, to us - because we can see it.

But somewhere out there is another planet inhabited by sapient beings. They refer to themselves as "us" and the place they live as "here", and they gaze at the stars and wonder if they are the only ones...

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

But somewhere out there is another planet inhabited by sapient beings. They refer to themselves as "us" and the place they live as "here", and they gaze at the stars and wonder if they are the only ones...

... and eventually they find us, and decide to keep on looking.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

...I mean really...when you come down to it, why are any of us here?  If the universe's constants were just a little different, we wouldn't have stars or planets, let alone life and intelligence.  Things had to be just right.  It's kinda weird and random when you think about it...

The Tick managed to find the answer to this deep and philosophical question. "Why am I here?"

"Because a giant clown kicked me into orbit!"

5 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

The Tick managed to find the answer to this deep and philosophical question. "Why am I here?"

"Because a giant clown kicked me into orbit!"

Would that work for new-Jerry?