• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Monday May 1, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=610

And we have a Duck (not the demonic kind) which explains everything, Nanase's demonstrated her magic to him so of course he'd also be curious about any of her's and Justin's friends. Maybe he overheard her telling Justin about how she plays with change blindness and was more sneaky than his friend and caught some of it.

She sees you when your sneaking.
She knows your peeking ways.
She knows if you just squint your eyes,
Or if you look away!

As for the commentary?  A lot of people with modern plumbing forget just how heavy water really is, until they must repeatedly carry the forty pound, five gallon bucket from point A to point Z.

Carrying forty pounds by a thin wire handle is not particularly good for your hand.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Punctuation

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=610

And we have a Duck (not the demonic kind) which explains everything, Nanase's demonstrated her magic to him so of course he'd also be curious about any of her's and Justin's friends. Maybe he overheard her telling Justin about how she plays with change blindness and was more sneaky than his friend and caught some of it.

Note that he almost guessed something else: there really IS a spell which allows to know exactly if someone is looking. Except Nanase has it, not Grace.

7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for the commentary?  A lot of people with modern plumbing forget just how heavy water really is, until they must repeatedly carry the forty pound, five gallon bucket from point A to point Z.

Carrying forty pounds by a thin wire handle is not particularly good for your hand.

Carrying one six-pack of 2l bottles of mineral water in every hand will also reminds you quite nicely. Those handles are even worse.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

The wall of comics raised in the final panel.

It's not raised. It's inverted. There are no comics in bottom part of picture.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That is what I meant.  Raised like a window, for example.

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

the vault containing America's strategic reserve of CDs from AOL.

I'm not sure what is strategic on AOL CDs but it wouldn't be first decision of US Department of Defense I don't understand.

23 minutes ago, mlooney said:
35 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That is what I meant.  Raised like a window, for example.

There must be shelf on the bottom of comics rack. There is no shelf on bottom here. Therefore I suspect it's really inverted.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There must be shelf on the bottom of comics rack. There is no shelf on bottom here. Therefore I suspect it's really inverted.

Meh, The book in between Duck and the other dude looks like it was just raised up, not flipped, but depends on if there are 2 or 3 rows.  Really not enough data to go on.

Snicker at the boys for being double dolts.

This will always fit the expression "turned the world upside down". Either the books are magically holding up, or the kids are practically walking on the supposed ceiling.

If you assume that the boys are stationary (at least in the vertical direction), then the wall of comics behind them rose so much that its top is *above* where the ceiling had been. And the ceiling somehow moved out of the way.

So either the boys are stationary and the building moved up, or the boys are descending.

However, there is more than that going on. In panel 1, the space between the boys' heads has a darker comic on the left; in panel 2, it's on the right. Meanwhile, the comics seen between their shoulders retain the same relative colors.

Meantime, we encounter this little problem with Grace's change-blindness play. Basically, the impropriety of asking her about her changes in the context of the comic-and-game shop.

Particularly certain changes. "Hey, weren't your boobs bigger five minutes ago?"

So really, she has very limited information on how many people notice the changes.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Meantime, we encounter this little problem with Grace's change-blindness play. Basically, the impropriety of asking her about her changes in the context of the comic-and-game shop.

Particularly certain changes. "Hey, weren't your boobs bigger five minutes ago?"

So really, she has very limited information on how many people notice the changes.

Not necessarily. Grace herself is observant. I know that if I noticed that someone had, say, gotten six inches taller, I would at the very least do a double take. That alone would probably be enough to tell Grace that I had noticed.

ETA: It also depends on the story universe. I have seen any number of animes, for example, where characters existed who would just outright say, "Your boobs are noticeably shrinking. Maybe you should stop dieting?" (That these would mere moments later also be crushed into the ground by some nearby Tsundere helps explain the anime origins of Susan's hammers.)

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

If you assume that the boys are stationary (at least in the vertical direction), then the wall of comics behind them rose so much that its top is *above* where the ceiling had been. And the ceiling somehow moved out of the way.

So either the boys are stationary and the building moved up, or the boys are descending.

However, there is more than that going on. In panel 1, the space between the boys' heads has a darker comic on the left; in panel 2, it's on the right. Meanwhile, the comics seen between their shoulders retain the same relative colors.

There are only two colors of comics: F8 and E8. In first panel, the top row is F8, E8, E8, F8, E8, F8 and the bottom is E8, F8, E8, E8, F8, E8.

In second panel, the comics seem to be mirrored: left to right, right to left.

In third panel, the comics seems rotated 180 compared to first panel, or flipped top to bottom compared to second panel.

Actually, that's likely exactly what Dan did. Seriously:

1493698156-np20170501-FAW-10.pngwww.egscomics.com-1493698156-np20170501-FAW-10-flop.pngwww.egscomics.com-1493698156-np20170501-FAW-10-flip.png

So the comics and racks on the wall stayed still.  The young customers were put into different positions, but our point of view observing the nerds remained stationary relative to them.  Thus making it look like the world was spinning around them when they were actually in motion.

I doubt those two twerps have ever seen "Royal Wedding".  Probably they've never even heard of Fred Astaire

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So the comics and racks on the wall stayed still.  The young customers were put into different positions, but our point of view observing the nerds remained stationary relative to them.  Thus making it look like the world was spinning around them when they were actually in motion.

... well, technically, you can say that mirroring is rotation in 4D, but it's still weird to assume people would "just move" in 4D ...