• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Not for Ubermann.

Not for original Superman either, considering he was able to see the COLOR of Lois Lane underwear. That's why I specifically said "the superman one OR real X-Ray" - because real X-Ray doesn't work like what Superman was using. At least not normal X-Ray ... note that the backscatter X-ray used on airports come closer to it, although it would still obviously be unable to show colors. (The same is true for other technologies used for screening on airports.)

Also, note that the "X-ray" option Tedd had on glasses was likely this technology. In fact, that may be the same model of glasses. Or possibly next version (Tedd got the previous version when they were replacing them.)

Superman's powers aren't even consistent in Superman. He doesn't fly in the first issue, for instance. Back in either the very late 1950s or early 1950s, I had a Superman which explained that Clark Kent's glasses have lenses from made the canopy of the spaceship that brought him to Earth. Ordinary lenses kept melting.

One thing is consistent, though: Superman's powers aren't magical. That would be Captain Marvel. SHAZAM!

Bonus Trivia

Why wasn't Clark Kent drafted in WWII? At the physical, he read the eye chart in the next room.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Bonus Trivia

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think Elliot takes "being girl" as something to do and doesn't generally do something else while being girl unless he specifically wants to try how that feels. (Not counting sleeping which he MUST do. Or at least HAD to, it's possible he no longer needs to but considers the transforming before bed and teasing Ellen too much fun to admit it to her.)

It's like a "Need" vs "Want" thing, in Tedd's case, there are times when he needs to be one gender or the other, it's something that's been part of him long before the TFG and I wonder if it's linked to him looking androgynous as well.

In Elliot's case being a female in a relatively new experience, and initially he wasn't too keen on it, but it's grown on him almost like an addiction, he's had lots of fun with the forms despite the awkwardness they've caused and he'd miss them if magic changed. Morphing for bed has also become a routine and we know how well Elliot likes to adjust his routine.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that while X-Ray vision (the superman one OR real X-Ray) seems like obvious option, I would assume more something like augmented reality or zoom. Or maybe all of them. (Tedd's glasses DID also have zoom, right?)

Tedds glasses has X-ray, zoom, infra-red, night vision, and video recording. I imagine Elliot could easily get video recording as part of merging with his cellphone though, and zoom too actually.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I imagine Elliot could easily get video recording as part of merging with his cellphone though, and zoom too actually.

I think Elliot could also get spammed from his cellphone. I read a science fiction story once where advertisers had figured out a way to put spam in your dreams.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think Elliot could also get spammed from his cellphone. I read a science fiction story once where advertisers had figured out a way to put spam in your dreams.

Want spam in your dreams? Just watch some Monty Python.  ;)

17 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I imagine Elliot could easily get video recording as part of merging with his cellphone though, and zoom too actually.

It's possible his phone came not only with DGB-mandated encryption (so he can talk with Tedd over that phone without NSA or anyone else eavesdropping) but also DGB-mandated spam filters.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Tedds glasses has X-ray, zoom, infra-red, night vision, and video recording. I imagine Elliot could easily get video recording as part of merging with his cellphone though, and zoom too actually.

Agree. Meanwhile, his ocular enhancement spell may contain X-ray, zoom, infra, night vision, aura vision, target highlighting, GPS and TV reception, but is unlikely to contain recording because what it would be recording on?

Unless he merges with his phone AND activates ocular enhancement. Then he can record the aura vision without problems.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

t's possible his phone came not only with DGB-mandated encryption (so he can talk with Tedd over that phone without NSA or anyone else eavesdropping) but also DGB-mandated spam filters.

Which also means it's possible the DGB can track Elliot as long as he's either carrying or merged with his phone. Maybe even read Elliot's mind while he's merged with his phone.

Have you ever watched The President's Analyst? You should.

54 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The Telephone Company's headquarters because he was a shareholder.

Actually the movie, which is 50 years old now, was pulled from theaters after only a few weeks. Conspiracy? Well, J. Edgar Hoover didn't like it...

But besides being screamingly funny, it's also scarily topical. Have you noticed that having every phone tapped all the time is what's happening now? Basically, we're living in J. Edgar's dream.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Morphing for bed has also become a routine and we know how well Elliot likes to adjust his routine.

That's how I'm seeing it. 

For him, this is now normal, and not doing it is something strange and odd.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Actually the movie, which is 50 years old now, was pulled from theaters after only a few weeks. Conspiracy? Well, J. Edgar Hoover didn't like it...

But besides being screamingly funny, it's also scarily topical. Have you noticed that having every phone tapped all the time is what's happening now? Basically, we're living in J. Edgar's dream.

As long as they do not start forcing cross-dressing... ;)

20 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's possible his phone came not only with DGB-mandated encryption (so he can talk with Tedd over that phone without NSA or anyone else eavesdropping) but also DGB-mandated spam filters.

Which also means it's possible the DGB can track Elliot as long as he's either carrying

Well obviously, but that's true of ANY phone. The only difference between DGB-issued phone and other phones is that in case of DGB-issued phone, DGB is the ONLY one who can do it.

or merged with his phone. Maybe even read Elliot's mind while he's merged with his phone.

... yes, there is inherent risk here. Unless there is some protection against this in Elliot's spell itself, the parts of phone which are not under Elliot's control can be used against him when merged.

Have you ever watched The President's Analyst? You should.

That link showed just five minutes.

16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Not only J. Edgar's. Samsung already produced TV's according to specifications from 1984. The book, not the year.

12 hours ago, Baldrickk said:

And then Dan posts the day's EGS: http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=611

Coincidence?

Considering how often is Dan posting images like this, yes, coincidence.

Just now, Xenophon Hendrix said:

As far as I can tell, I'm not gender fluid at all, but I still think it would be a lot of fun to be able to turn into a girl at will. I suspect the Elliot has learned that he enjoys the experience.

I believe if changing sex were cheap, easy, painless, and completely reversible, as it is with the TFG, quite a lot of people who aren't detectably genderfluid (but rather less than all of them) would try it once or twice, and a fraction of those would - infrequently - do so again under special circumstances such as a costume party.

However, there are also gender-neutral and agender people who would casually change sex for short-term, possibly even momentary convenience. I think that Elliot was never far from that, considering how quickly he switched from the emotional "eek I'm female!" to the practical "how do I arrange to go to school this way?" the first time he got changed.

And, of course, genderfluid people like Tedd.

For Sam, it would be a godsend. I think Sarah is going to end up giving him a "watch". That would be a lot less unpleasant than sexual reassignment surgery, and also a lot more thorough - the surgery currently has rather restrictive limits on what it can do, particularly for FtM.

Bi-gender and neutrois would be slightly more problematic. They'd need some custom form design work.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

For Sam, it would be a godsend. I think Sarah is going to end up giving him a "watch". That would be a lot less unpleasant than sexual reassignment surgery, and also a lot more thorough - the surgery currently has rather restrictive limits on what it can do, particularly for FtM.

Sam might have a very similar reaction as Felix did, in the "this is a dream come true!" sense

4 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

As far as I can tell, I'm not gender fluid at all

That may not be that much far :)

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I believe if changing sex were cheap, easy, painless, and completely reversible, as it is with the TFG, quite a lot of people who aren't detectably genderfluid (but rather less than all of them) would try it once or twice, and a fraction of those would - infrequently - do so again under special circumstances such as a costume party.

However, there are also gender-neutral and agender people who would casually change sex for short-term, possibly even momentary convenience. I think that Elliot was never far from that, considering how quickly he switched from the emotional "eek I'm female!" to the practical "how do I arrange to go to school this way?" the first time he got changed.

And, of course, genderfluid people like Tedd.

You forgot exhibitionists who wouldn't really like it but would still change frequently and seek costume parties. I mean, for Tedd, changing gender is simpler than shaving ...

(Yes, I think there are people who crossdress despite being cisgender).

But yes, almost everyone would at least think about trying that. And that's not counting that pretty soon, someone would get the idea of making it mandatory part of sexual education because it would be less "naughty" than showing images of opposite gender. (I'm not saying it would be ; I'm saying someone will claim that.)

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

The story definitely runs this direction ... except that magic reset may make watches not work.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sam might have a very similar reaction as Felix did, in the "this is a dream come true!" sense

Possibly, although for Felix, it might've been two or three dreams coming true at once.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Possibly, although for Felix, it might've been two or three dreams coming true at once.

That is true, there were many things that Felix was wishing for, being female, being a catgirl, being Kitty's catgirl.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(Yes, I think there are people who crossdress despite being cisgender).

Transgender and transvestite are definitely NOT the same thing.

I also put drag queens in a separate category. Transvestites (want to) dress in opposite-sex clothing casually and don't want to be treated as weird or create a spectacle; drag queens dress in opposite-sex clothing for the purpose of creating a spectacle.

There are also transvestites who, when they cross-dress, want to be seen as the sex they are dressed as, and in contrast those who want to be seen as the sex they are. And those who want strangers to see them as the sex they dress as, but expect friends to recognize them and treat them as the sex they are.

14 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That would probably be me. But at least the first few times it would be purely for pervert reasons. The chance to find out what things might feel like to a girl would be just too good to pass up. And then there's the ability to have multiple orgasms... I'd certainly would investigate that most thoroughly!

Other than playing with myself I don't think gender bending would be something I went for, but without the experience there's no way to really know.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Transgender and transvestite are definitely NOT the same thing.

I also put drag queens in a separate category. Transvestites (want to) dress in opposite-sex clothing casually and don't want to be treated as weird or create a spectacle; drag queens dress in opposite-sex clothing for the purpose of creating a spectacle.

There are also transvestites who, when they cross-dress, want to be seen as the sex they are dressed as, and in contrast those who want to be seen as the sex they are. And those who want strangers to see them as the sex they dress as, but expect friends to recognize them and treat them as the sex they are.

Let me try to summarize that for you: It's complicated!

:)

Not trying to make fun of your comment... OK, you caught me, I am making fun of your comment, but not because I disagree but because I agree, to a degree. People are complicated, and if you even hint at sex being involved the number of permutation's quickly approaches infinity as some people has several, not always easily compatible, leanings, and for some it changes over the years or sometimes months or weeks...

So, it's complicated...

5 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
20 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That would probably be me. But at least the first few times it would be purely for pervert reasons. The chance to find out what things might feel like to a girl would be just too good to pass up. And then there's the ability to have multiple orgasms... I'd certainly would investigate that most thoroughly!

Considering how many girls complain they can't even get single orgasm, this might be case of "grass is greener on the other side" ... but yes, I would definitely try as well. Maybe I would be lucky.

... or, if it would be something like FV5 ... I'm sure FV5 doesn't have any problems reaching orgasm.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

drag queens dress in opposite-sex clothing for the purpose of creating a spectacle

5 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

People are complicated, and if you even hint at sex being involved

I suspect that for drag queens, sex doesn't actually have anything to do with that. Meanwhile, there will likely be genderfluid people "hidden" between the transvestites. So yes, definitely complicated.

i've noticed that Elliot's mindset is different as a female than as "Elliot" 

Elliot himself is wrapped pretty tight, but seems to feel a lot more free as female even without the mind changes that came with his Secret ID forms (especially the Party form)

Female as workaround for Elliot's self-imposed limits.

34 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

i've noticed that Elliot's mindset is different as a female than as "Elliot" 

Elliot himself is wrapped pretty tight, but seems to feel a lot more free as female even without the mind changes that came with his Secret ID forms (especially the Party form)

Female as workaround for Elliot's self-imposed limits.

I think part of the female forms making Elliot feel more free, is just that, the freedom of doing things and being impulsive and such without people recognizing him. We saw it when Elliot was forced to transform at school by energy buildup, and then again during his date with Ashley after he became Mall Girl. There is a level of excitement and reduced inhibition in knowing you can switch forms, do something potentially embarrassing, and then switch back.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think part of the female forms making Elliot feel more free, is just that, the freedom of doing things and being impulsive and such without people recognizing him. We saw it when Elliot was forced to transform at school by energy buildup, and then again during his date with Ashley after he became Mall Girl. There is a level of excitement and reduced inhibition in knowing you can switch forms, do something potentially embarrassing, and then switch back.

All that is valid and agreed.  But stuff like attitude, word choice seems to shift when Elliot is female.