• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Wednesday May 03, 2017

This is canon as far as I go.  It's canon that Grace plays with change blindness.  It's also canon that Duck notices stuff in the background.  I have no problem with Duck and his friends playing a game of checking  Grace from time to time to see if she changes.  Because boobs.

Also Duck is wise beyond his years. He knows you don't cheat at games because if you do you are no longer playing the game.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=611

We all know that you change the results by observing them.

That's why every movie and TV show is great, until someone watches it.

Just like every sports game I watch, the team I want to win, loses.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Just like every sports game I watch, the team I want to win, loses.

Underdogs. Some win big, some lose drastically.

Matter cannot be made from thin air, so are the dreams of these guys.

58 minutes ago, Stature said:

Underdogs. Some win big, some lose drastically.

Matter cannot be made from thin air, so are the dreams of these guys.

Nah, that wasn't the case with the Toronto Blue Jays the past 2 years, both years I hardly watched any of their regular season games and they did great, made it to the ALDS and ALCS. During the post season, I gave half their games my full attention, guess which half they won. ;)

Mind you this year I haven't watch a single game and the Jays seem to be struggling so maybe it's trying to tell me something?

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That would be like the U.S.A. re-admitting Texas. Canada ain't that stupid.

That's a bit harsh.

I will make a correction though, I forgot that Winnipeg got the Jets back by buying the Atlanta Thrashers and renaming them, so it's unlikely Montreal would get the Expos back that way, but still after 13 years, people in Montreal miss having the Expos and however they end up getting a new team there, there's a good possibility that they'll be named Expos. Also it'd be nice if Canada had more than one MLB team again.

40 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That's a bit harsh.

Actually it was more about Texas than the Expos. Much more. But seriously, why resurrect the Expo name? How many people even remember there was an Exposition in Montreal? In Montreal?

Not that I'm speaking from any extensive knowledge of Montreal, Canada, or baseball. I don't know the infield fly rule, and I don't care that I don't. I think Montreal is in Quebec because, French name but I'd have to look it up. Winnipeg is in one of the prairie provinces? 

Actually getting back to the comic, I just noticed that Duck's cap has reversed colors in the last panel. I know what the rest of you guys are asking yourselves: Duck was in the last panel?

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Actually it was more about Texas than the Expos. Much more. But seriously, why resurrect the Expo name? How many people even remember there ever was an Exposition in Montreal? In Montreal?

It's the nostalgia, it had been 15 year since the original Jets were relocated to Phoenix, when the company bought the Thrashers in 2011, they had 3 names in mind, the Moose (based off of a Triple A team they own), the Whiteout, and the Falcons. They ended up dropping the Falcons as a possibility due to Atlanta having a football team of that name and it might have been seen as an insult. But it Winnipeg residents pushed hard enough to have them make it the Jets. As for the Expos, it's been 13 years so far so there's no doubt that the name still rings loudly to many people.

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Not that I'm speaking from any extensive knowledge of Montreal, Canada, or baseball. I don't know the infield fly rule, and I don't care that I don't. I think Montreal is in Quebec because, French name but I'd have to look it up. Winnipeg is in one of the prairie provinces? 

Yes Winnipeg is in Manitoba which is a prairie province, Montreal is on the St. Lawrence River in Quebec, and the area of Southwestern Ontario and the upper St. Lawrence is considered the most densely populated region of Canada.

Better comparison:

Montreal as of 2016:

City Population: 1,704,694; Area: 166.60 square miles; Density: 12,075/sq mile

Winnipeg as of 2016:

City Population: 705,244; Area: 179.18 square miles; Density: 3700/sq mile

Winnipeg has an NHL team (the Jets) and a CFL team (Blue Bombers) and a couple minor league professional teams for Hockey and Baseball, whereas Montreal has an NHL team (Canadiens), CFL Team (Allouettes) A professional Soccer team (Impact) and has hosted the Canadian Grand Prix for F1 racing as well as some NASCAR events. And I just noticed, Montreal is also making a bid for an NBA expansion team.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Actually getting back to the comic, I just noticed that Duck's cap has reversed colors in the last panel. I know what the rest of you guys are asking yourselves: Duck was in the last panel?

The other kid's shirt changed as well, the sleeves are the same colour as the torso (collar is still black though).

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

This is canon as far as I go.  It's canon that Grace plays with change blindness.  It's also canon that Duck notices stuff in the background.  I have no problem with Duck and his friends playing a game of checking  Grace from time to time to see if she changes.  Because boobs.

The difference might be in how much they actually catch in canon. I still think Grace isn't doing that many changes of clothing in canon as in NP.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

The Dan has done the important parts of the last panel in color.  This counts as a free pinup.

file?h=10156909&i=1015821

You have a weird conception of the word "free" :)

(It is only available for $3+ patrons, at least for now)

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
5 hours ago, Scotty said:

The other kid's shirt changed as well, the sleeves are the same colour as the torso (collar is still black though).

You must kill at Hocus-Focus.

It isn't that hard when you start actually looking for changes. But I must say that this time the distraction was enough I only looked when I noticed your post.

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

Also Duck is wise beyond his years. He knows you don't cheat at games because if you do you are no longer playing the game.

In some games, you can cheat just little to basically create additional (easier) difficulty which is still worth playing. Of course I mean single-player computer games ... although, in case of card games for example, many have easier (or quicker) variants of base game based on same idea. And I suppose there could be way to play multiplayer game with every player using the same limited cheating, or players can agree on one using limited cheat as a way to balance handicap.

Hmmm ... actually, if I remember correctly, (some) Warcraft had some functionality that if you used cheat in multiplayer, it worked for all players - like, giving some resources to all players.

Just for the record, I meant free as in not part of the normal pinup sets.  I should have been a little more clear on that.

14 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Just for the record, I meant free as in not part of the normal pinup sets.

I suspected that.

BTW, seems it's actually free now.