• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Entropy

NP Friday May 05 2017

This is where someone would make a video where panel 4 has "The Sound of Silence" playing.

Actually, I tried to change the text in the last panel to say "Hello darkness, my old friend..." but GIMP is being a pain in the arse and forgot what truetype fonts are, or a recent windows update trashed the fonts cus every font I tried to use looked really pixelated...

Kinda ironic now that I think about it, so excited to make a slay of this and I get disappointment...

The 1979 Made-For-TV Captain America movie?

If this is a typical option, I think I see why they end up playing Spaceballs so often at the shop.

I am guessing that Salty Crackers will sometimes take in  Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Action/Adventure DVDs on trade, and anything they can't sell goes on the big screen?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If this is a typical option, I think I see why they end up playing Spaceballs so often at the shop.

Big talk from the Pharaoh who sponsored the Made-For-Obelisk movie Aliens Built The Pyramids by von Däniken.

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Do NOT speak to me about von Däniken.

I made it clear that our interview was STRICTLY off the record and there were to be NO PICTURES.

You should have been more suspicious of his assistant. Hotep tried to warn you that she carried not only several pocket-size blank steles but also a miniature hammer and chisel. But nobody listened.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Actually, I tried to change the text in the last panel to say "Hello darkness, my old friend..." but GIMP is being a pain in the arse and forgot what truetype fonts are, or a recent windows update trashed the fonts cus every font I tried to use looked really pixelated...

Something like this?

xyYrX2M.jpg

Edit: Oh and I think I know why it looks so clunky... I'm pretty sure Dan works at at least twice the resolution you see here. If you do it that way and then resample the image the text looks a lot better. Obviously I didn't think of that before posting this picture...

Just now, Cpt. Obvious said:

Something like this?

Exactly, thanks!

Just now, Cpt. Obvious said:

Edit: Oh and I think I know why it looks so clunky... I'm pretty sure Dan works at at least twice the resolution you see here. If you do it that way and then resample the image the text looks a lot better. Obviously I didn't think of that before posting this picture...

Probably, I never really had this issue before though, I mean I could never match the font I use with what Dan uses (I think comic sans is the closest but he might also use a custom font or something), but...

font test.png

That's comic sans, 11px bold and italic selected...at least that's what I selected in GIMP... That's never happened before that I can recall...

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am guessing that Salty Crackers will sometimes take in  Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Action/Adventure DVDs on trade, and anything they can't sell goes on the big screen?

While it's indeed possible they only show what they couldn't sell, I wouldn't be surprised if someone there LIKED that movie.

(Actually looking on wikipedia what movie it was)

... ok, maybe little surprised.

12 hours ago, Entropy said:

Looks like Duck just lost her game...

He won, because he noticed. But he wasn't satisfied with the price ...

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He won, because he noticed. But he wasn't satisfied with the price ...

Is that REAAAAAALLY a win though?

Ok I'm a little confused now, Dan's commentary; "Meanwhile, in another timeline, a girl Duck is disappointed that Grace didn't turn into a guy like she sometimes does." suggests that Grace turned into a guy in this comic. But then on Patreon someone asked if Grace turned into a guy or a "pettanko", Dan's response; " *Googles* I wouldn't use that word for it given an apparent implication of insecurity about it, but mostly yes."

So Grace is still a girl but just flat-chested? Then again I might be the only other person that assumed Grace turned into a guy

Thinking about it, that makes sense, Duck was hoping for big boobs, but getting no boobs would produce the same disappointment as if Grace turned into a guy.

Given that everything else stays her usual girly self, I only saw her being a flat-chested girl.  Never even occurred to me that she might be supposed to be a guy.  I think that at this point in Dan's artistic development, if we got that close a look at a male chest, there would be at least some muscle definition to identify it as such.

I do want to tell Duck to quick, roll the D20 while looking away!

21 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Given that everything else stays her usual girly self, I only saw her being a flat-chested girl.  Never even occurred to me that she might be supposed to be a guy.  I think that at this point in Dan's artistic development, if we got that close a look at a male chest, there would be at least some muscle definition to identify it as such.

I thought that as well, if Grace was a male, Dan would have drawn her more male looking. But then I remembered MV5 when Grace first transformed into a male version of herself "with subtle changes" and so there is a precedent for Grace to be able to simply change particular bits.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I do want to tell Duck to quick, roll the D20 while looking away!

According to commentary, that wasn't how D20 was supposed to look, she just wasn't ready for it.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

According to commentary, that wasn't how D20 was supposed to look, she just wasn't ready for it.

She wasn't ready for a natural 20, the change was too complex (involving clothes) to be able to get it finished in time.

What are the chances Duck would have rolled a nat 20?  Ehh, probably good if there was a joke to be made of it.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

She wasn't ready for a natural 20, the change was too complex (involving clothes) to be able to get it finished in time.

What are the chances Duck would have rolled a nat 20?  Ehh, probably good if there was a joke to be made of it.

Considering that if something have chance 1:1000000 it happens 9 out of 10 cases ...

10 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What are the odds of rolling an unmodified 20 on the d20 the GM regularly throws at the players?

That depends, we talking the face that's up when the die hits the floor, or the imprint left in the player's forehead by the impact? ;)

9 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What are the odds of rolling an unmodified 20 on the d20 the GM regularly throws at the players?

1 in 20. The bell curve doesn't start forming until you roll more than one die.

2 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

You forget that the exact odds depends on if the roll was made openly or behind the GM screen...

Those odds don't depend on the die at all, but whether the GM wants to kill you now or wait until later.