• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Wednesday May 10, 2017

The shirt is a back-change, since that was how we last saw Duck. Poor kids.

Seems like Duck now has bigger ears. Not the time for a hearing joke.

Bill has been attacked by the Hair Fairies, in a good way.

On May 10, 2017, Dan said:

...he's saving all sorts of fractions of dollars on dice he doesn't need.

You NEED those caltrops disguised as game accessories.  You need EVERY ONE that you can find.

Platonic.  Irregular.  Custom.  Weighted.  Invisible.  I don't care if the rule book only uses the d6 and no one asked for anything else, you MUST have that Sanskrit d47 for your next game.

Every die is sacred
Every die is great...

Anyone remember the Monty Python sketch where a man buys a magazine without noticing the the saleslady is completely naked? Ah, the old BBC! Bare tits on broadcast TV decades before Janet Jackson's nipple.

26 minutes ago, Stature said:

Bill has been attacked by the Hair Fairies, in a good way.

No, the Fashion Police took that stupid little derby into custody.

20 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Every die is great...

Especially that d30 I used to have.

33 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Platonic.  Irregular.  Custom.  Weighted.  Invisible.  I don't care if the rule book only uses the d6 and no one asked for anything else, you MUST have that Sanskrit d47 for your next game.

47? I don't remember such die even from StarTrek. 48, sure.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Duck's shirt changes in panel two, and Grace ends up with the boobs Duck hoped for earlier in panel three, I don't think Grace being topless in panel three counts as we saw her in the process of taking the sweater off in panel two.

She MIGHT have some strapless dress or something ... or not finished changing yet. I don't think even Justing would overlook her being topless ... and he's gay.

Logically, she would have just pulled the voluminous sweater on over the spaghetti-strap tank top in the last strip, not taken the tank top off first.  Thus when she takes the sweater off -- it did look awfully hot! -- she should be back to the tank top.

However, even (Susan's) Logic itself has admitted there are times there is just no place for it in this comic, so have at the headcannons!

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

On May 10, 2017, Dan said:

...he's saving all sorts of fractions of dollars on dice he doesn't need.

You NEED those caltrops disguised as game accessories.  You need EVERY ONE that you can find.

Every die is sacred
Every die is great...

I would also suspect that it'd be inaccurate to assume one would save by buying individual dice. If you buy one or two and never buy any others, sure. But if you buy every dice individually, you are more likely to pay more than if you buy them by the set. That's where stores get you, they incentivize buying bulk, but many people feel that buying that much might not be worth it if they only plan on using a fraction of it.

You can either buy a set of 10 dice for $6 ($0.60 per dice), or buy 3 dice for for $0.75 each. For the hardcore gamer, buying the whole set would be a no brainer, and they'd save money. For the casual gamer, buying a couple dice would save money as well, if they remained casual. I suspect Duck, Bill and Drake are leaning towards the hardcore gamer side, but are limited by their allowance, so they're going to end up spending $7.75 to eventually get all the dice from that set individually.

It also occurs to me that they possibly already have those dice, in which case it's now become gambling. ;)

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I would also suspect that it'd be inaccurate to assume one would save by buying individual dice. If you buy one or two and never buy any others, sure. But if you buy every dice individually, you are more likely to pay more than if you buy them by the set. That's where stores get you, they incentivize buying bulk, but many people feel that buying that much might not be worth it if they only plan on using a fraction of it.

You can either buy a set of 10 dice for $6 ($0.60 per dice), or buy 3 dice for for $0.75 each. For the hardcore gamer, buying the whole set would be a no brainer, and they'd save money. For the casual gamer, buying a couple dice would save money as well, if they remained casual. I suspect Duck, Bill and Drake are leaning towards the hardcore gamer side, but are limited by their allowance, so they're going to end up spending $7.75 to eventually get all the dice from that set individually.

It also occurs to me that they possibly already have those dice, in which case it's now become gambling. ;)

Oh, but remember that the really hardcore gamers inevitably suffer losses of dice, making replacements necessary. Dice get left behind, lost, fall beneath furniture, accidentally claimed by others, or even thrown out the window after the fatal sin of one too many bad rolls...

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Oh, but remember that the really hardcore gamers inevitably suffer losses of dice, making replacements necessary. Dice get left behind, lost, fall beneath furniture, accidentally claimed by others, or even thrown out the window after the fatal sin of one too many bad rolls...

True, but then they're not holding themselves to the values that;

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Every die is sacred
Every die is great...

They must learn to protect their investment.

Of course I'm willing to be lenient on a case to case basis, maybe there was something beyond the player's control.

Maybe I should start an insurance company for tabletop gamers....

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyone remember the Monty Python sketch where a man buys a magazine without noticing the the saleslady is completely naked? Ah, the old BBC! Bare tits on broadcast TV decades before Janet Jackson's nipple.

I loved that moment, and have been trying to figure out how to include it in a live tribute show.

Does anyone else feel like this story arc will end with the installation of a security camera?

18 minutes ago, AFNB said:

Does anyone else feel like this story arc will end with the installation of a security camera?

I'd be surprised if it doesn't end with Grace realizing that there's a security camera. ;)

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I don't care if the rule book only uses the d6 and no one asked for anything else, you MUST have that Sanskrit d47 for your next game.

There is always THIS for wacky dice ;) 

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Especially that d30 I used to have.

I have a green one. I might have had a clear one 20 years ago. 

It's intriguing but I get a lot of fun out of building complex structures out of all the dice in my dice bag.  With a D4 at the core, the right facets of a D20 can match up with the slant of the D4, and then you can match up D10s to 2 points on the d20s...

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, AFNB said:

I'd be surprised if it doesn't end with Grace realizing that there's a security camera. ;)

Question is who is watching this camera. If only Justin's uncle, I'm sure Mr. Verres would be able to explain it to him. If it's being send to Wizards of the Coast or someone like this, it would be harder ...

(... unless Wizards of the Coast are actual wizards and already on payrol of DGB)

17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Question is who is watching this camera. If only Justin's uncle, I'm sure Mr. Verres would be able to explain it to him. If it's being send to Wizards of the Coast or someone like this, it would be harder ...

(... unless Wizards of the Coast are actual wizards and already on payrol of DGB)

There's also George. Granted George is observant enough that he wouldn't need the assistance of security cameras, but that would still make him a good candidate for handling security at the shop.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Should have done a background check then, in the style of Clouseau.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Didn't Justin hint that the existing "security camera" at Salty Crackers was a bluff (probably a security camera case with no electronics)?

Just now, Haylo said:

Didn't Justin hint that the existing "security camera" at Salty Crackers was a bluff (probably a security camera case with no electronics)?

I can't remember. That would explain why there were no questions raised whenever Nanase used her magic in the store.

1 hour ago, Haylo said:

I think so.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Wizards need money too, and magically creating gold or currency is generally frowned upon by the Department of the Treasury.  The Wizards of the Coast found a means of transforming cardboard into dollars that didn't violate the laws of physics or economics.

As for being on the payroll of the FBI branch that, in casa Verres, is called Dad's Government Business?   The agency acts within the FBI as an official government service.  And like many government offices, they are woefully underfunded.  But Director Liefield is someone who actually is an expert in the subject, not a career civil serpent, bureaucrat, or politician.  The only way they can operate freely through government shakeups and without excessive political oversight is to have independent funding.

Wizards of the Coast, along with the Washington Wizards and the Wizards of Waverly Place, are the source of DGB's income.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Wizards of the Coast, along with the Washington Wizards and the Wizards of Waverly Place, are the source of DGB's income.

I dunno about the Washington Wizards, I can accept the Chicago Bulls having ties with Moperville's office. They did have a man that could fly. ;)

Although, Jordan did own part of and play for the Washington Wizards later on....hmmm...

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for being on the payroll of the FBI branch that, in casa Verres, is called Dad's Government Business?

Mr. Verres and main eight are likely only one actually calling it this. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it ACTUALLY had DGB acronym (but with different meaning ; possibly top secret meaning).

The agency acts within the FBI as an official government service.  And like many government offices, they are woefully underfunded.  But Director Liefield is someone who actually is an expert in the subject, not a career civil serpent, bureaucrat, or politician.  The only way they can operate freely through government shakeups and without excessive political oversight is to have independent funding.

Makes sense. They definitely have some outside funding. Although they might also be funded by patents on Uryuom technology.

Wizards need money too, and magically creating gold or currency is generally frowned upon by the Department of the Treasury. 

Creating currency would definitely be conflict with Department of the Treasury. Gold, on the other hand ... especially if noone KNOWS about it and it's not TOO much ...