• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

NP Wednesday May 17, 2017

At least Drake has hair parted the right way again. There is no true right way for him, is there?

Day by day, as this arc progresses, I am now only here for the subtle changes and the "OH SNAP!" moments.

I believe this strip confirms my assertion that Drake's shirt didn't change in the previous strip, and that any differences from panel to panel are just the way Dan drew them.

Also Bill's got his little hat back.

Bill claims to be aware of none of the changes.

But what if he really isn't so oblivious?

What if Bill is somehow associated with George?  (Brother, cousin, nephew, neighbor, etc.)

George tells Bill that the girl at the counter of Salty Crackers does some amazing stunts.  But ONLY if she thinks no one is watching her.  When you come into the store, act casual.  DO NOT stare at Grace.  Be aware of everything without focusing on anything.

Perhaps that is one reason George always has that game in his hands.  To anyone else, it looks like he is just looking at the game.  But with a little practice, George could actually be looking at anything.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Perhaps that is one reason George always has that game in his hands.  To anyone else, it looks like he is just looking at the game.  But with a little practice, George could actually be looking at anything.

If the screen is the right brightness versus how well the room is lit, it can be used as a mirror to get an excellent view of one's surroundings while still appearing to be focussed entirely on the screen.

42 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

If the screen is the right brightness versus how well the room is lit, it can be used as a mirror to get an excellent view of one's surroundings while still appearing to be focussed entirely on the screen.

Also, although we've never seen this in action, if the glare from the game reflects of his glasses the right way, it could hide the fact that he's looking around.

But yeah, I can see Bill acting like he's never noticed anything as well as being all "you two are dorks for acting like this" but then, at the end of the NP we'll see Bill leaving the store with a big smile on his face because he saw it all.

12 hours ago, Stature said:

Day by day, as this arc progresses, I am now only here for the subtle changes and the "OH SNAP!" moments.

I noticed only one change on this script: Bill got hat in third panel.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I believe this strip confirms my assertion that Drake's shirt didn't change in the previous strip, and that any differences from panel to panel are just the way Dan drew them.

Based on this strip, I would say that the shirt did change but it wasn't deliberate from Dan.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I have a new theory about Duck's hat: Those aren't his eyebrows. His hat is stifling a laugh.

The hat is a separate omniscient entity. All hail Duck's Hat.