• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

New Forum Discussion

142 posts in this topic

Something that I like about the new forum over the old, we can edit the thread title and tags after posting ourselves. That should take some of the workload off Hack. :)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Something that I like about the new forum over the old, we can edit the thread title and tags after posting ourselves. That should take some of the workload off Hack. :)

Yeah, this is something I NEVER understood why it was set up that way on the old ones. IIRC you have to manually choose that setting on the admin side, it's not a default.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

34 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

Yeah, this is something I NEVER understood why it was set up that way on the old ones. IIRC you have to manually choose that setting on the admin side, it's not a default.

Irresponsibility? I is befuddles.

Honestly, I think both have/had their pros and cons. Honestly, I just miss the ability to feature my favorite webcomic beneath my avatar.

Still... cannot... choose... one...

Must... deploy... B... S... O... D...

(I would not even bother myself to nitpick non-dated forum titles)

1) Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like I'm having a harder time hitting the little star or circle next to a thread title that lets you go straight to where the new posts start.  Either it got smaller or my fingers got fatter.  Is there any way to make the teeny little target a bit less teensy, for those of us using touchscreens instead of pointers?

2) We used to have a forum section for links to old Keenspot posts, where we could read the old discussion of a comic and then carry on dissecting it in its own thread here.  Sadly I don't think I thought to bookmark any of those old posts.  Any chance we can recreate that subforum area so someone(s) who want to do another archive trawl can, if they choose, put threads there for discussing old strips?  And if we do, does anyone have a URL handy for the old archives, that we might include a link at the top of the first post in the thread, like we used to?

Thanks again, and let me know if I can help!

54 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

1) Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like I'm having a harder time hitting the little star or circle next to a thread title that lets you go straight to where the new posts start.  Either it got smaller or my fingers got fatter.  Is there any way to make the teeny little target a bit less teensy, for those of us using touchscreens instead of pointers?

I have that problem on tablet too. On mobile, the former forums had a completely different interface.

HarJIT likes this

On 3/6/2016 at 10:05 PM, Scotty said:

I don't really care for the borderless format of posts

Could you please tell me what exactly you mean?  "Borderless"?

On 3/7/2016 at 9:31 PM, Robin said:

As it stands, custom titles are unlocked at 50 posts.  All the rank icons will be done at a later time! I won't REST until I've got this all taken care of... but now it's time for me to go on a week's ski vacation.

You'd think Robin was the President or something...

On 3/9/2016 at 10:34 PM, CritterKeeper said:

[music]The more you know...

And knowing is half the battle!

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Thanks again, and let me know if I can help!

Can you send me a screenshot of what you mean?  I"m not quite sure I'm understanding.

4 hours ago, Thom Revor said:

You'd think Robin was the President or something...

Might as well be. It is good hard to be the king.

4 hours ago, Thom Revor said:

And knowing is half the battle!

I will still win the war!!!

10 hours ago, Thom Revor said:

Could you please tell me what exactly you mean?  "Borderless"?

Sorry, it's kinda hard to explain. Actually now that I'm really looking at it, there is a border, or at least on off-white backing behind the posts that gives the appearance of borders around them, but it's barely visible, like I can only see it if I look at my screen at an extreme angle. It's really just a nitpick as I had been used to having clear separation between post, either contrasting backgrounds or boxes. I had gotten it in my head that the "quote" and "like this" links were enough to say "hey this is the end of this post anything below is a new post" but now people are adding signatures which appear below those links and it's throwing me off again. lol

Guilty as charged.

Yeah, it feels like "writing" on paper, without the Liquid Paper.

I just tried to use Multiquote (which is still unlabeled) to put a quote from one thread into a different thread, and it didn't work.  If possible, could we please get this option back?  

On 3/6/2016 at 10:59 PM, Robin said:

Until then, I could turn on the HTML format if that'll help you guys out, let me know if you'd like this.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I just tried to use Multiquote (which is still unlabeled) to put a quote from one thread into a different thread, and it didn't work.  If possible, could we please get this option back?  

I'm just quoting myself from a different thread as well as CritterKeeper to test out multiquote and it seems to be working for me. Just have to click the + on each thing you'd like to quote and then click the "2 quotes" popup at the lower right to bring up a replay box with the quoted threads. 

Otherwise i can't find any settings for it in the control panel, and i did look for a while. I hope this helps.

On 3/11/2016 at 0:48 AM, CritterKeeper said:

Interesting, as it's gotten easier to hit on the desktop version.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sorry, it's kinda hard to explain. Actually now that I'm really looking at it, there is a border, or at least on off-white backing behind the posts that gives the appearance of borders around them, but it's barely visible, like I can only see it if I look at my screen at an extreme angle. It's really just a nitpick as I had been used to having clear separation between post, either contrasting backgrounds or boxes. I had gotten it in my head that the "quote" and "like this" links were enough to say "hey this is the end of this post anything below is a new post" but now people are adding signatures which appear below those links and it's throwing me off again. lol

You might wanna calibrate your monitor's colors. I've checked on two dif laptops and my main monitor, and on all of them the light grey border is relatively noticeable regardless of angle. :/

I just tried calibrating my monitor, and the only way I could make it more visible is if I turn the contrast down to 0 and even then it was very marginal but at the same time made everything else hard to look at. It's probably just my eyes are weird I guess.

On 3/11/2016 at 3:39 AM, Matoyak said:

Interesting, as it's gotten easier to hit on the desktop version.

You might wanna calibrate your monitor's colors. I've checked on two dif laptops and my main monitor, and on all of them the light grey border is relatively noticeable regardless of angle. :/

I also do not see a border between posts, nor between signatures and the body of the post. *shrugs*

43 minutes ago, Arcanimus said:

I also do not see a border between posts, nor between signatures and the body of the post. *shrugs*

Not I, says the little green ham.

There is also a blue line separating unread posts, seen those lately?

There's a little strip of very light gray between posts. It's quite hard to see,  We'll be working on forum themes, but to be honest, Thom and I are prioritizing getting our own comic archives back, as well as the rebuild of the home pages. We'll get to themes when we've got some time.

I'm also looking for a way to get the comments under the comics to link directly back to the forum, but the tool that does that hasn't been developed for this version of Invision Power Board. Ah well, hopefully time will be in my favor about that.

Not a problem, we know a lot was screwed up in the crash.  Please keep in mind that if you need funds for disc recovery and/or external hard drives for future backing up, a GoFundMe or somesuch has been mentioned several times, always with enthusiastic responses!

4 hours ago, Robin said:

There's a little strip of very light gray between posts. It's quite hard to see,  We'll be working on forum themes, but to be honest, Thom and I are prioritizing getting our own comic archives back, as well as the rebuild of the home pages. We'll get to themes when we've got some time.

Speak for yourself, Robin.  I've been busy over here with many things...  including a "new" look for the Community!

So it seems Thom has been working on it, i knew this, but i didn't want to rush him in getting it out. The new color scheme takes care of a few of the issues people have been talking about, but i'm sure everyone will find things they don't like, and we're happy to listen to any suggestions anyone might have about changes.

Don't worry too much about it, I wasn't full on complaining about the look, just being nitpicky. I fully understand trying to get the archives recovered is the big thing you want to do. Do what needs to be done, I'll live. :D

Edit: Well now, ain't that something....

I apologize for any high pitched squeal of glee from this direction.

*takes a look around at the triumphant return of the blue color scheme*

*nods in approval*

*shakes head*

Might want to check the ones with black text and light blue text (links). Not easily discernible.