• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

New Forum Discussion

147 posts in this topic

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself more and more missing the forum section for Newbie Introductions.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself more and more missing the forum section for Newbie Introductions.

Perhaps we should request the construction of a Newbie section.  Then encourage the (ir)regulars here to start threads introducing themselves and hope the actual newbies follow suit.

Does it need a whole new forum? How about a thread, possibly stickied? Preferably over in "Off Topic Discussion".

I also motion for creating a new section. There is a stark difference between "Newbie Introductions" and "Off Topic Discussion"

HarJIT likes this

I liked having the separate section, and letting everyone have their own intro thread.  It seems like forums where there is only one thread for intros, people get lost in the shuffle more.  Plus, it makes it easier to check someone's thread if you think you recall something about them but aren't sure.

Plus, it makes it easier to check someone's thread if you think you recall something about them but aren't sure.

I'd say that this is what search functions are for, but I'm aware that some fora have incredibly lame search functions.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Plus, it makes it easier to check someone's thread if you think you recall something about them but aren't sure.

I'd say that this is what search functions are for, but I'm aware that some fora have incredibly lame search functions.

It's not just that, but if all the intros and responses are in the same thread, figuring out who's responding to what intro would be tricky, especially if 2 or more people make an introduction in roughly the same timeframe.

On 08/04/2016 at 10:09 PM, InfiniteRemnant said:

that's kinda useless since the one i specifically want to switch from email to on-site is " Someone comments on something I follow " AKA, the one that's locked.

Turns out that email notification settings can be set on a thread-by-thread basis by, after following, clicking on the "Following" button at the top of the thread display again and choosing an option....

On 7/7/2016 at 1:36 PM, HarJIT said:

Turns out that email notification settings can be set on a thread-by-thread basis by, after following, clicking on the "Following" button at the top of the thread display again and choosing an option....

Yeah, but that's still email only, the only thing that you can change is the frequency. I want on-site only.

New Forum update!

Plus: we can see what we're editing

Minus: Some pictures seem to be broken now, including my avatar.

( I'm on an iPad2, if that matters )

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

New Forum update!

Plus: we can see what we're editing

Minus: Some pictures seem to be broken now, including my avatar.

( I'm on an iPad2, if that matters )

A lot of pictures seem to have gone missing, yes.  Reuploading profile images / avatars solves the issue of them not working.

Another tweak brings another problem. Check out the following text:

Home EGS Comics Area General Discussion New Forum Discussion

It's at the bottom of the page, but it's so light that it's almost unreadable.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Is it just me or has the favicon stopped working?

It's everyone. Supposedly, the images got deleted in the last forum crash.

1 minute ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

It's everyone. Supposedly, the images got deleted in the last forum crash.

It took a while to flush out of cache on the tablet.  Weird.

Ever since one of the threads got moved from Comics Discussion to EGS General Discussion, leaving a subject heading with an arrow to its left, the main forum page constantly has Comics Discussion in bold print that's supposed to make it easy to see where there are new posts

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ever since one of the threads got moved from Comics Discussion to EGS General Discussion, leaving a subject heading with an arrow to its left, the main forum page constantly has Comics Discussion in bold print that's supposed to make it easy to see where there are new posts

I'll try to get rid of that arrow pointer. People know where it went now anyway.

ETA: That didn't work. But apparently it goes away on its own anyway after four weeks. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

apparently it goes away on its own anyway after four weeks. Sorry about that.

Is this a forum feature or a rash?

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is this a forum feature or a rash?

I have never heard of a program's behavior called a rash before, but I can see it.  Some thing very irritating but after a bit of time it either goes away or you get used to it.  Then it comes back.  Rinse and repeat.