• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Trail Camera and Other Nature Images

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is this yet another sign of my madness?

I look at that raccoon.  Disregard the head.  And think it looks like a turkey ready to be trussed and roasted.

This may be madness, yet there be method in't. I see it, too.

Did someone mention coyotes?

Caption is a bit off, it's actually outside the Animal Kingdom, not the Magic Kingdom....we'll see if the fix on the Imgur web site propagates to here or not.....

Only one trail camera shot as of late, due to Mrs. Prof's busy schedule and (tonight's) inclement weather:

large.Cats01a_20170602_01c.jpg

Loudmouth performing a bit of cat yoga on our back porch.

Mrs. Prof wants to get some shots from one of the branches of the cat highway that runs through our backyard. A hailstorm foiled that plan tonight. We'll see what happens in future attempts.

TECHNICAL NOTE: I re-compressed this image using the new Google Guetzli JPEG compression algorithm. It does save a bit of space, and does not seem to take any extra time to decompress. Please let me know if you have any difficulties viewing this image.

6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

TECHNICAL NOTE: I re-compressed this image using the new Google Guetzli JPEG compression algorithm. It does save a bit of space, and does not seem to take any extra time to decompress. Please let me know if you have any difficulties viewing this image.

I see it just fine. Thanks :)

Mrs. Prof parked the camera in the median of what we call Interstate 35-E/W last night. The cats have trod a path into our backyard that splits at a planter below a bird feeder. We call the path that forks off toward our porch I-35E (E for East - see the link). She turned off the porch light and relied on the infrared flash to see who came down the freeway, if anyone. If any usable pics resulted, I'll post them later.

Well, it turned out that she parked the camera the wrong direction in the median. Sigh. Only one usable picture resulted, and it was a daylight photo:

large.Cats01a_20170607_01c.jpg

This is Big Tom, with Dumbass A off to the left in the background. You can also see the greenhouse to the right. It took several puncture hits in our recent hailstorm. I think Mrs. Prof has plans to replace it.

Mrs. Prof took videos the other night instead of still shots. She then promptly deleted them without thinking about posting them to YouTube. I have admonished her appropriately and advised her to start her own YouTube channel. Her response was, "If I were so inclined."

I'm thinking about going into the computer room and tilting her backwards, just to see if I can incline her in the proper direction.

7 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I think the trail camera is outside tonight. Mrs. Prof left the outside light on. I've turned it off so that it won't interfere with the infrared camera. Let's see what happens.

Ooo, hoping for cool kitty shots!

Damn it!

She took videos again last night. :(  She hasn't erased them, but she hasn't uploaded them to YouTube (or created a channel yet—I don't even know if she knows how).

She just stepped outside. This time she says she's got it set on still shots.

20 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

You never know what the cats are brewing outside. Old Tabby 12 Years Old Cask Strength might be interesting.

Not sure how I feel about this. I seem to be having trouble determining if this reads as spirits brewed by cats, or spirits brewed with cats...by cats...

I think it's bed time.

If Mrs. Prof has taken any pictures, she hasn't had time to post them or give any to me. Work, the kittens, and my doctors' appointments have consumed practically every moment of her life, in that order. The kittens are out of the house and at the Garland Pet Adoption Center, where someone can watch over them while she goes to her office today. They'll be back tonight (unless someone else agrees to foster them (I hope I hope I hope)). For the foreseeable future, the trail camera pics are therefore offline. Sorry.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

If Mrs. Prof has taken any pictures, she hasn't had time to post them or give any to me. Work, the kittens, and my doctors' appointments have consumed practically every moment of her life, in that order. The kittens are out of the house and at the Garland Pet Adoption Center, where someone can watch over them while she goes to her office today. They'll be back tonight (unless someone else agrees to foster them (I hope I hope I hope)). For the foreseeable future, the trail camera pics are therefore offline. Sorry.

Not to worry. As long as she is happy with the camera, all is well. Concentrate on getting your life to work and on getting better.